Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You want to blame the guy running the plant for; a bad rollout, lies, woefully ignorant communication mixed with miscommunication, arrogance, part shortages and bad top design? Don’t think he’s the problem.
I don’t blame him for failures by part suppliers or the supply chain issues.

Bad design? If it’s a bad design, why are you here? People here calling out the Bronco for bad design issues sound silly.

I blame the plant manager for rolling thousands of unfinished Broncos off the line to rot in lots just to inflate his production numbers. Now they have a logistical nightmare trying to finish those vehicles. It’s a unorganized mess,

His fault.

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one am really excited to Bozeman join Ford.

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my Bronco, also glad I got the premium warranty. Everything is performing well. The only thing that is bugging me is the vinyl wire wrap is unwrapping here or there, on a $47K rig no less

Leaving on a positive, the paint job (A51) is perfect. MGV seats are nice and comfy.

Lots of drama involved in this launch, and so it goes ...

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Union or Salary, if you are let go then you really screwed up royally. Trust me.......after many years of working for Ford and as a retiree I know.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of opinions he was canned. Who knows. Maybe he left for a better gig. Might explain why there wasn’t backfill ready to announce.

In my industry, you give two weeks and if you’re leaving for role in the same field(competitor)they walk you out at that moment and pay you the two weeks.

Best of luck to him whatever it is.
This. Many, many people are jumping to new opportunities for more 💲💲💲

In no other industry would laypeople, at the retail level, give a shit that a plant manager moved on to a different opportunity.

Some of you have a lot of time on your hands to follow or even care about a move like this.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. Many, many people are jumping to new opportunities for more 💲💲💲

In no other industry would laypeople, at the retail level, give a shit that a plant manager moved on to a different opportunity.

Some of you have a lot of time on your hands to follow or even care about a move like this.
Keep reading…

I work there. He definitely got fired. Walked out after 24 years. He started on the line and worked his way up. This is a wake up call for all of us who work at MAP. If the Plant Manager can get walked out, anyone can. This is a message that I'm sure corporate wanted to make very clear, which is why they handled his termination in this manner

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Union or Salary, if you are let go then you really screwed up royally. Trust me.......after many years of working for Ford and as a retiree I know.

Agree 100%. I have 27.5 years with Ford. They hang on to bad employees - salary and hourly - for way too long. They will fire contract workers in a blink of an eye.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question to this would be why? A few high profile folks are dipping out or were told their jobs were ending this past week. Are these people getting out because they see bad shit coming and want no part? Were told it's time to go but will let them hang on until end of the year + severance? Just horrible at their jobs and it took this long for leadership to make a move? Rolling heads in public fashion hoping the market sees it as them trying to fix problems that impact stock price?

I don't envy the plant manager position in the context of having to deal with the union. I can't imagine the PM has any authority to move or remove assembly line workers so he's basically hogtied in that respect. Have to hope the plant union leaders handle this after it's brought to their attention but after seeing the absolute garbage that keeps coming out of Chicago assembly, believe don't this actually happens due to the protections they enjoy. People don't show, plant managers problem, poor work quality, plant managers problem, low output, plant managers problem. Doesn't matter what it pays, would not want that job.

Sponsored

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder if this has anything to do with anything?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...mbly-plant-manager-erik-williams/10067519002/

Michigan Assembly Plant manager who oversees Bronco, Ranger no longer with Ford

Michigan Assembly Plant manager Erik Williams, who has overseen the production of the bestselling Ford Bronco and Ford Ranger mid-size pickup truck, left that role Thursday, the Free Press has learned.

Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to discuss why Williams left.

“We do not comment on individual personnel matters. However, we can confirm he is no longer with the company," Deep told the Free Press on Friday. Ford also hasn’t yet named a replacement for Williams, who has been employed by Ford since 2004.
Funny story... Yesterday I told a coworker that the plant manager is out maybe they'll get some little brown nosing executive to take over and maybe our Bronco will be scheduled tomorrow... I'll be danged if it wasn't. 8/15 build date. How about that?"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree 100%. I have 27.5 years with Ford. They hang on to bad employees - salary and hourly - for way too long. They will fire contract workers in a blink of an eye.
had 27.5 years.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish him the best and I wish the replacement has the authority to improve transparency and communications. 700 hundred+ days of waiting with no useful information sucks.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny story... Yesterday I told a coworker that the plant manager is out maybe they'll get some little brown nosing executive to take over and maybe our Bronco will be scheduled tomorrow... I'll be danged if it wasn't. 8/15 build date. How about that?"
Good for you. Wishing for similar miracle.
Sponsored