First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you find out from your contact what specific module(s) or system(s) this "chip" is impacting. It's my understanding the produced (non-BR) Ford product being stored in various areas are able to be driven but a module/chip/computer is being moved from vehicle to vehicle to do this.
If you're talking about the Superdutys stashed alongside the interstate, I believe those are specific to the fuel relay. Ford also said when they're caught up on microchips, those stashed units would be the last to receive the chips, and that vehicles going down the line would receive them first. Makes sense as that's how they get paid.....no telling how long them poor Superdutys going to be sitting there. Hope they have a lot of cats around or its on pavement....the mice will have a hay day if its a grass lot.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I walked a dealer lot this past weekend, they had 7-8 rangers on the lot. Between their two lots, they show 20 available on their website (granted a few may be in transit). The other big dealer has 3 lots and shows 34 available on their website. There's an additional 3 or 4 dealers within a 75 mile radius. There are plenty of Rangers out there.
Seems like its always been about the tops from the start. Chips seem to be convenient excuse at this point given it's drive by news, but maybe it's both now. What's interesting is Ford's willing to cite chip issues, but not top issues from what I recall, though it's obvious.

The Wabasto labor issues are a big concern. We've suspected the tops were a problem for awhile now and Ford has known longer than that. Not entirely either companies' fault when were paying folks as much if not more to stay home until September. I wouldn't go back to work either. It's a nationwide problem for nearly every industry at this point.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like its always been about the tops from the start. Chips seem to be convenient excuse at this point given it's drive by news, but maybe it's both now. What's interesting is Ford's willing to cite chip issues, but not top issues from what I recall, though it's obvious.

The Wabasto labor issues are a big concern. We've suspected the tops were a problem for awhile now and Ford has known longer than that. Not entirely either companies' fault when were paying folks as much if not more to stay home until September. I wouldn't go back to work either. It's a nationwide problem for nearly every industry at this point.
I think this shut down has nothing to do with Bronco. In their quarterly earnings report, Ford said that it was monitoring dealer inventories and would prioritize chip sets based on that. The MAP shutdown most likely a reflection of that. There are Rangers on dealers lots so they will prioritize something else (like Mustang Mach-E that spends less than a week on the lot on average)

This guidance also supports that the semi conductor issue won’t impact Bronco, given that there are 0 on dealer lots, it should always be the top priority when it comes to commodity allocation

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're talking about the Superdutys stashed alongside the interstate, I believe those are specific to the fuel relay. Ford also said when they're caught up on microchips, those stashed units would be the last to receive the chips, and that vehicles going down the line would receive them first. Makes sense as that's how they get paid.....no telling how long them poor Superdutys going to be sitting there. Hope they have a lot of cats around or its on pavement....the mice will have a hay day if its a grass lot.
Partially. There is a discussion on the FMC message boards about delivering inventory to dealers and allowing us to install said part when it arrives. It's going to be a total cluster trying to get the carriers to deliver the retail coming off the lines along with thousands of units packed in storage lots. Rather it lot rot here than somewhere else.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember what happened Last Year when everybody said "just give us 2 weeks to Flatten-the-Curve".......
Oh well, most everybody here was quicker to Reserve and deserve to get theirs before me, but GOSH. With the build pace being 100 Broncos/day for a 5 day week then shut down for 2 weeks I may be getting a MY23 Bronco when I placed my Reservation on July 24, 2020.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
so much for all of the prior notices that the Bronco was not part of the chip shortage issue.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Partially. There is a discussion on the FMC message boards about delivering inventory to dealers and allowing us to install said part when it arrives. It's going to be a total cluster trying to get the carriers to deliver the retail coming off the lines along with thousands of units packed in storage lots. Rather it lot rot here than somewhere else.
Ford is already paying for all this external storage and transportation x2, should allow dealers to allocate percentage of their lot space and just pay them win win.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is already paying for all this external storage and transportation x2, should allow dealers to allocate percentage of their lot space and just pay them win win.
Send here and just suspend floor interest until parts are in.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point. There's also the shortage of qualified truck drivers to consider. This deal sucks all the way around. :confused:

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point. There's also the shortage of qualified truck drivers to consider. This deal sucks all the way around. :confused:
Tell me about it. We usually get a truck load crash part order almost weekly now and the last load was delayed 4 days due to shortage of drivers.

Dustdad98

First Edition
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don’t think for one minute that Ford did not have this planned prior to sending out June’s build emails.

Believe it or not they probably plan things out waaaaaaaayyyyy better than we give them credit for!
This isn’t going to affect anyone’s build date. We’re going balls to the walls as soon as we get back from this unannounced planned 2 week shutdown.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t going to affect anyone’s build date. We’re going balls to the walls as soon as we get back from this unannounced planned 2 week shutdown.
my build date moved from a 6/14 build week to a 7/5 build week according to WBDO and the dealer. I am sure everyone will work as hard as they can to get these things built, but I highly doubt they are going to move my build date back now. Again it is what it is in this environment.

Dustdad98

First Edition
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
my build date moved from a 6/14 build week to a 7/5 build week according to WBDO and the dealer. I am sure everyone will work as hard as they can to get these things built, but I highly doubt they are going to move my build date back now. Again it is what it is in this environment.
Well I’d consider yourself lucky to have a build date. I work at map and have a first edition on order and don’t have a bd yet. Be patient we are working hard to work out the kinks to build you a quality vehicle Ford is well known for. I promise they’re worth the wait!

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I’d consider yourself lucky to have a build date. I work at map and have a first edition on order and don’t have a bd yet. Be patient we are working hard to work out the kinks to build you a quality vehicle Ford is well known for. I promise they’re worth the wait!
I have no doubt, I am not trying to reignite the flames, I was just surprised to hear the information as I thought it was questionable as to if it would even change the date at all. We all appreciate your hard work and thank you for what you do.
Sponsored