First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is already paying for all this external storage and transportation x2, should allow dealers to allocate percentage of their lot space and just pay them win win.
Problem is they are pulling the PCM after it is parked at the storage lot, and using it to park the next one. Not sure how the logistics of that could be pulled off getting them to the dealer, especially when most dealers don't have any on the lot to steal from to park. They are looking at it but not looking likely.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok remember when I said I don't think this will affect anything. I lied. My build date just got bumped three weeks. Now 7/5...
Ford Bronco Michigan Assembly Plant - Two Week Shutdown (May 17 and 24) bull

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
are working hard to work out the kinks to build you a quality vehicle Ford is well known for
I have faith in Ford...and also the experienced crew at MAP. Webasto, on the other hand, inspires zero confidence, especially with brand new staff and 67 currently open positions. Do you guys think this MIC top will keep out the rain??

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This isn’t going to affect anyone’s build date. We’re going balls to the walls as soon as we get back from this unannounced planned 2 week shutdown.
Build dates are already being moved out 3 weeks.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok remember when I said I don't think this will affect anything. I lied. My build date just got bumped three weeks. Now 7/5...
bull.gif
At least you have a build date.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least you have a build date.
Yeah I'm still thankful for that. But so far I have a build date. Haha. As shown that could change... It has for others. That would suuuuck... Still might happen too. Haha. Efffff

Lukeswags23

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
“…Michigan Assembly Plant will be down weeks of May 17 and 24. (In every case except Michigan Assembly, this is a continuation of previously announced down time.)”

Not trying to do clickbait with the title, but just saw this and seems MAP is subject to a previously unannounced shut down.

Ford Bronco Michigan Assembly Plant - Two Week Shutdown (May 17 and 24) 1620343679720
Yet another delay. This is frustrating . Ford has been a complete disaster from the jump with the bronco. Too busy focusing on a bronco sport.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

CMar

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes finally! Great news for all my hard working union brother and sisters. You guys deserve this! People being so greedy and selfish on here is honestly disgusting. Respect these hard working men and woman we are working long hours 7 - 12’s in a lot of departments to get these out to you guys.
Ok comrade

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I’d consider yourself lucky to have a build date. I work at map and have a first edition on order and don’t have a bd yet. Be patient we are working hard to work out the kinks to build you a quality vehicle Ford is well known for. I promise they’re worth the wait!
I don't think anyone is blaming those of you that are still working onsite and trying to build vehicles that everyone is anxious to have sitting in their driveway. I think the bulk of the frustration is with the upper management/corporate side of things. As someone who's been "Essential" for the last 14 months I've seen alot of unachievable directives from the higher-ups that have been "working from home" for a few hours a day and don't have a realistic view of what's really going on. Long and short of it is, everybody is frustrated, don't take it personal, we all know the delays aren't because "Joe" on the assembly line can't keep up.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think anyone is blaming those of you that are still working onsite and trying to build vehicles that everyone is anxious to have sitting in their driveway. I think the bulk of the frustration is with the upper management/corporate side of things. As someone who's been "Essential" for the last 14 months I've seen alot of unachievable directives from the higher-ups that have been "working from home" for a few hours a day and don't have a realistic view of what's really going on. Long and short of it is, everybody is frustrated, don't take it personal, we all know the delays aren't because "Joe" on the assembly line can't keep up.
What you need to understand is, this product means as much to us making it, as those of us buying it. I see both sides and I agree with DustDad. The higher up managers have actually done an amazing job of setting up for the production to run as smooth as possible. The workforce has been amazing in being flexible to the plan.

This is personal to us, All of us!

We are proud of every single vehicle we make. We take pride in building each and every vehicle. "Jane" goes above and beyond everyday, to make sure you will love yours. Including, responding to the customers directly if needed. What Dustdad is telling you, our team is all hands on in this launch. Doesn't matter if you are working at home with the kids on your knee or you are here in the trenches. One Ford.

Teamwork makes the dreamwork , let get positive vibes going. We want to be pumped up to build these things..that is the Ford culture, you are welcome to join us.

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take a look at the configuration of those Broncos currently being pushed back from their initial scheduled build week. It looks like the "clean up" week had to adjust to changes in expected commodities, and the High and Lux Package equipped rigs require more semiconductors than lesser-equipped models.

We haven't seen any Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond builds rescheduled, nor have we seen wholesale rescheduling of a production week.

It reads to me that they plan to start right up after the shutdown with week 1 builds, though maybe not the blend they anticipated.

The thing to watch now is dealer demo unit scheduling.
Sponsored