paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going to be able to pay this car off in cash by the time it comes 😂

Oh well, what are you going to do? It’s just a stupid car, it’ll come some day.
Jeep is still moving a few vehicles along.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard about the shutdown April 22nd and was pretty fresh at that time. I'm too lazy to look it up but I believe the build emails started the week before. I know they are doing everything they can to build every vehicle they can, but the supplier situation is really bad, especially the tops for Bronco which is MAPs main issue right now.

mapsd.jpg
I am just saying this was not planned and it has not been "known". Build emails started three weeks prior and my May build dates was scheduled the Monday before I got my email (4.22.21). Hopefully we will some of the Forum's insiders scoop, but at least from the actual information I have, this wasn't "known" and it isn't chips. I tried to talk my son into working for Webasto for the summer, but the situation is such a mess, he immediately said....ummm....no thanks. I will mow lawns outside all summer :)

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you are correct you win a lollipop , but ford is not being straight forward with any of this and keeps moving the goal post and leaving us in limbo . just come out and say so . and that is what I meant about a big thank you ford.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This just gives Ford's paint department more time to keep refining their formulation on that beautiful Everglades Green for MY22.
If by refine, you mean completely change it, then I’m on board. 😁

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as the delays aren't more than a couple months I'll hang in there. But at some point, even with an early build date (mine is 6/21) how will they still call them 2021s?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the supplier situation is really bad, especially the tops for Bronco which is MAPs main issue right now
Webasto has been the turd in the punchbowl for quite awhile now. But this shutdown kinda sounds more like "IF" the tops become available - not "WHEN". If it was just a volume availability issue, why would they not just finagle the schedule to start with soft tops...and sprinkle in a few MICs as they go?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While consumers may be noticing the chip shortage most acutely when it comes to gadgets, the origins of the current shortage can be traced back to the automotive industry. In the early stages of the pandemic, automakers drastically cut back demand for processors in anticipation of falling sales. This turned out to be premature. Sales rebounded quickly, and the automotive market rushed to buy back cutting-edge manufacturing capacity. Although most of this had already been given away to other processor sectors experiencing their own demand. The end result is two huge markets both in need of more chips, but with production capacity already maxed out.

And there you have it. The auto makers guessed wrong.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about those without build dates, day 1 reservation, but deadly 4 sins? I’m assuming future build dates are going to be pushed out as well? Possibly end up with a MY22? I’m okay with that I’d rather have that then the very last MY21 built and miss out on any MY changes. I put my order in because my dealer indicated I was in the top 20 on their allocation. But it looks like the 4 deadly sins are pushing me way back?

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are correct you win a lollipop , but ford is not being straight forward with any of this and keeps moving the goal post and leaving us in limbo . just come out and say so . and that is what I meant about a big thank you ford.
Ford does seem to dole out the bad news piecemeal rather than one large truth-bomb. Give it to me all at once, doc. I can take it. 😬

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And half the comments for every delay say people are saving up more for a down payment or buying it outright. Add in the increased rates and dealers are going to lose out on that financing $$$.

Not me man. These delays are costing me money in shopping therapy. I've done everything I can think of to my bikes and now I've moved on to designing custom boots. I'll be broke if my Bronco doesn't get delivered this summer.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would bet that’s not the case. We should all stick to what we know, this kind of speculation turns into fact, but , maybe your right? What is your source?
No source.

Just a lifetime in corporate America.
And Ford has been dealing with the chip issue for some time now.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Webasto has been the turd in the punchbowl for quite awhile now. But this shutdown kinda sounds more like "IF" the tops become available - not "WHEN". If it was just a volume availability issue, why would they not just finagle the schedule to start with soft tops...and sprinkle in a few MICs as they go?
They are already doing that. 30% of converted orders are not soft top, but 30% of what they can build for a while has to be soft top. These are very low build numbers, so shows you what kind of mess the hard top is right now. I cant say more than that.

Ford Bronco Michigan Assembly Plant - Two Week Shutdown (May 17 and 24) sched