John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep in mind that while we all talk about chips needed for the trucks, the message states that the problem is parts shortfalls created by the semiconductor chip shortfall. This means that it is not necessarily chips that are the problem for all these vehicles. Perhaps it is a part that uses a certain machine that uses those chips.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, I absolutely agree with. I can't see stepping over dollars to pick up dimes by making non-revenue generating product.
Remember the days where Ford’s most heinous act was not providing Broncos for people to see in person before our orders were locked in?

Mannequins are absolutely potentially revenue generating… aside from the new sales they’ll generate from people not as involved as us, they’ll likely push at least some current order holders into higher packages or squatch.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
if you read the letter it was scheduled for everyone EXCEPT MAP. It specifically says it in the letter. MAPs shutdown was canceled and now it is back on.

8B98405B-5043-41A2-B0D2-1754B87F06CE.jpeg
Thank you reading more than one article to base your assumptions on, it's obviously a lost art!!

Or people are just assuming the worst...Calm down folks, this launch has went extremely well except the vendors who are trying desperatley to catch up and they will. Your "sources" on the plant floor are either not telling you the whole truth or don't understand/not informed on what's going on. NOTHING CHANGES!!!!!
Shut downs are usually in July for two weeks...you rather it then? just more creative moves by Ford and the UAW to get more vehicles built in 21. I say thank you! you may have just increased production.

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is absolute clickbait...LOL, it is not disrupting production. It is scheduled. people assume too much..LOL

This was accounted for, great job planning Ford. I know people want their Bronco, but thinking Ford does not understand this is laughable. Do you see MAP on the list of plants that are affected? Please read more careful and don't assume the worst.
MAP is specifically listed as shutting down. It's just a new shutdown. All the others listed they are a continuation of their current shutdown.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Keep in mind that while we all talk about chips needed for the trucks, the message states that the problem is parts shortfalls created by the semiconductor chip shortfall. This means that it is not necessarily chips that are the problem for all these vehicles. Perhaps it is a part that uses a certain machine that uses those chips.
NO, It's is exactly what Ford is telling you it is. They did not have a wizard on hand to forecast how many of each trim and options would be sold. (New vehicle) no data on just how popular the Bronco would be. So, they planned accordingly by using the competitors numbers (common sense right?). For instance 2d/4cyl manual base Jeep sells at just under 10% of volume ..so Ford does the common sense thing and plans for those ratios..
Problem 1. 2 door Broncos have a take rate at 40%
Problem 2. Covid wipes out their supply base employees at a time when Ford needs to increase production because of obvious parts mix issues.
Problem 3. Chips shortage globally- THIS IS THE HUGE ISSUE..

There are many, many more issues beyond Fords control, but as you see, the chips were shifted to Broncos as they are a common chip for all vehicles. They are doing everything humanly possible with the help of their union workforce to make every single one they can in 2021. leave nothing sitting.
They are getting their mixes right so customers after the massive rush can order how they like it in a timely fashion.

Remember, this is a new product, they don't have sales data on it, it's like flying in the dark. I think they have done exceptional, given the circumstances. Bravo Ford, now Let's Finish Strong!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully that give those suppliers time to get stocked up. Could be an upside to the downside!
That's how I'm trying to look at it. It's disappointing but hey, if it's for covid reasons, I'd rather everyone at MAP be healthy and not feeling like crap making my unit, and if it's for parts, then it'sll give them 2 weeks to get extra. Nothing we can do about it so..

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MAP is specifically listed as shutting down. It's just a new shutdown. All the others listed they are a continuation of their current shutdown.
would you rather the regular shutdown to happen in the first two weeks of July? Thank you UAW and thank you Ford for not interrupting production in July for 2 weeks.. that ives the customers two weeks of full production..great plan and thank the men and women who changed their vacation to make this happen. You are very kind to put your life plans aside and build our Broncos!! Thank you!

ALLOW THE SUPPLY BASE TO BUILD UP CHIPS,HARDTOP ETC...SMART MOVE.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Two week reset Ford has its floatys on and is trying to get out of the deep end of the pool.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would you rather the regular shutdown to happen in the first two weeks of July? Thank you UAW and thank you Ford for not interrupting production in July for 2 weeks.. that ives the customers two weeks of full production..great plan and thank the men and women who changed their vacation to make this happen. You are very kind to put your life plans aside and build our Broncos!! Thank you!
I agree, but now you're changing your intended statement. You previously called it clickbait and implied MAP wasn't mentioned. This has less to do with not scheduling a down time in July but rather a global chip shortage while everyone figures when they might get their order. The Bronco is certainly effected by the chip shortage, and with other plants shutting longer than initially expected, it's feasible to think MAP will too...

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree, but now you're changing your intended statement. You previously called it clickbait and implied MAP wasn't mentioned. This has less to do with not scheduling a down time in July but rather a global chip shortage while everyone figures when they might get their order. The Bronco is certainly affected by the chip shortage, and with other plants shutting longer than initially expected, it's feasible to think MAP will too...
I reacted to it because everyone thinks its the end...just stop it..thats all.., this actually helps production in this case. I just wanted to grab attention to calm you down. I am waiting on my Bronco also..we are all in this together and what a story this vehicle has already...they literally could do a documentary on this launch.

The chips are being diverted to F series and Bronco priority. besides making chips in house, what else could they do? I believe these things are made in Asia.

"Chip shortages force Ford to cut more vehicle production, but the automaker promises the summer delivery of the Bronco remains 'on track' "

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Somebody might correct you on this sentence, but since I've got a pilot's license, I'm going with it. Thanks for the message! Go Hawks!!!

đź‘Ť
Damm spell check was turn off . ;)

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what are you going to bail to a Jeep? that is all that is out there. I went to a fairly large Ford dealer, they had less then 3 new rangers.
I walked a dealer lot this past weekend, they had 7-8 rangers on the lot. Between their two lots, they show 20 available on their website (granted a few may be in transit). The other big dealer has 3 lots and shows 34 available on their website. There's an additional 3 or 4 dealers within a 75 mile radius. There are plenty of Rangers out there.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know about the rest of you, but the constant "Any news on your Bronco?" questions coming from family and friends is more annoying than the delays.

At least after Ford's latest announcement, I can now tell everyone that my Bronco is "On Track".

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's semiconductors. The few that are coming in currently are being diverted to Dearborn Truck (for obvious reasons). Livonia transmission is already down to 1 partial shift daily and that doesn't seem sustainable for too long. If anything, the semiconductor related slow down or stoppage at MAP would give Webasto a chance to get ahead of their delivery plans for MAP.

It's quite possible that the Bronco scheduling already complete was done knowing how few chips were coming in, which is why relatively few here (and in odd configurations) got the production date emails. Staying on a 100ish per day Bronco output with lower Ranger blend could check some boxes while still prioritizing getting chips to Dearborn for F-150s.

Feeling in the plant, however, isn't that. Now that they've given dates to customers, I expect they'll be cleaning things up soon if changes are coming.
Can you find out from your contact what specific module(s) or system(s) this "chip" is impacting. It's my understanding the produced (non-BR) Ford product being stored in various areas are able to be driven but a module/chip/computer is being moved from vehicle to vehicle to do this.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Feel sorry for all those employees on forced vacations. Maybe they wanted a later vacation in the summer but now they are forced to take it.
Sponsored