Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wanted to take a second to acknowledge how ridiculous this situation is.

-I live 20 mins from the Ford Bronco Plant
-My Bronco will drive out of the plant, be loaded onto a semi and then trucked 650 miles to Stephens Auto Center
-I will be driving 650 miles in a rental car to Stephens
-I will then pick my bronco up and drive 650 miles directly back to where the Bronco came from
All for a nice fee of $1500

I understand delivery fees are high and flat rates across the board to make it feasible for people in far away locations such as California to own a vehicle made in Detroit. If the folks in Michigan/Ohio didn't pay $1500 that fee might be $3000 for California folks. I get it.

But can we really not do anything for people who live essentially next to the freaking plants??
Sponsored

WolframOmega

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bolt, mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same position here. Metro Detroit and going to Granger. Couldn't find a local dealer willing to work with me and Granger has been my best dealership experience so far. A cheap flight and a fun road trip back on top of solid discounts I just don't see anyone around here coming close. I could understand maybe a couple hundred bucks for delivery but my personal preference I'd just drive to the plant and pick it up myself. Oh well, local dealers loss.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you contact Hines Park Ford?

Eric Wilkinson the sales manager there is also on the Michigan Bronco Association FB page and was advertising a similar deal to members of that group this summer; I can't say if it would still be available. I am going with Barber Ford out of Holland because I want to help a friend who is a somewhat new dealer there with a baby on the way, but if I didn't have that connection I would have called Eric.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think many of the local dealers are spoiled by the A/Z plan business. I get Z plan and have an OK relationship with Holzer, so I am buying local. Frankly, if I didn’t have Z plan I would probably wait until 22 my when the incentives kick in. F150s new have several thousand off already. My Bronco will sticker $4k under my current F150 and the actual out the door price will be $3 to$4k more because of full size truck price competition.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live 10 minutes from the plant and I get A Plan so I am going with Tom Holzer Ford. Silly for me to go all the way to Iowa when the trip would eat up my A Plan savings.
Sponsored