Sponsored

Michigan Members - Have You Been To Holly Oaks ORV? (rear locker related)

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, so for those of you that have gone to Holly Oaks ORV, how many times have you actually used a rear locker?

The reason why I am asking is I'm deciding if I should get the Base, Big Bend (with rear locker) or Base SAS.

With how Ford keeps increasing the prices twice a year I'm having a hard time justifying other trims besides the Base. Now, if I go get the Base I do plan on upgrading to 33" pizza cutters on the stock 16" rims and also buying a real 2" lift (Old Man Emu) as opposed to "leveling kits" which are just spacers.

Also, I'm trying to be realistic and only see myself "offroading" at Holly Oaks ORV, especially since I live 30 min away.

The price difference between the base and big bend with rear locker is roughly $4,200, but that's with me building the Base with hard top and Big Bend with soft top.

So if you guys could give me some advice on if a rear locker is really needed at Holly Oaks I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can't not admire that CRV. Why do we even need Broncos?
Well, the person videoing is playing Dokken’s “Just Got Lucky”. Not sure if that explains the CRV making it through. 🤣

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends. For the majority of the park you should be ok. But, if it’s muddy, sloppy and torn up, yes lockers will be needed. I have run the park when it’s dry and used the lockers on some of the steeper obstacles When it’s the most fun is when it’s sloppy and muddy and for sure needed the lockers. Better to have them in my opinion.
Sponsored