Sponsored

Michigan Wheel and tire source? Where will you go for upgrades?

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with the news that the Dirt Mountain Broncos may be delivering before too long, it's time for me to get serious about my wheel and tire upgrade plans. I have a NON-Squatch Badlands (2.7L) coming (someday?) and am looking to move up to 35's
Does anyone in Michigan have a trusted place to go for this upgrade? Good reputation, quality work, good selection?

Appreciate any suggestions you all may have.

Oh..I'm located just south of Lansing...
And one more thing...Where would you go to SELL your take-offs?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody?
Everyone rolling stock here in the mitten?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be rolling with the BFG 33" tires for a while, yes. I opted for the optional beadlock wheels on the Badlands, which I think are the best looking factory wheels available on the Bronco, lucky for me.
I want to go to 35" sometime, but will keep the wheels, but I think I will need some other modifications to make that happen?

I have always used Belle Tire for buying tires. I am sure there are local shops too near you, but I find my local shops near me can't get the tires I want, or can't get close to the price from Belle.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be rolling with the BFG 33" tires for a while, yes. I opted for the optional beadlock wheels on the Badlands, which I think are the best looking factory wheels available on the Bronco, lucky for me.
I want to go to 35" sometime, but will keep the wheels, but I think I will need some other modifications to make that happen?

I have always used Belle Tire for buying tires. I am sure there are local shops too near you, but I find my local shops near me can't get the tires I want, or can't get close to the price from Belle.
Thank you :)
I used Belle Tire a few weeks back for the first time and they were great to work with.
I have the standard 33" wheel/tire combo coming on my Badlands but have budgeted to move up to an aftermarket 35" wheel and tire combo.
I believe with the right offset and removing the front crash bar you can move right up to the 35" easily.
Do you have your Bronco already?
If so, congrats, if not, I'm sure it'll be soon.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you :)
I used Belle Tire a few weeks back for the first time and they were great to work with.
I have the standard 33" wheel/tire combo coming on my Badlands but have budgeted to move up to an aftermarket 35" wheel and tire combo.
I believe with the right offset and removing the front crash bar you can move right up to the 35" easily.
Do you have your Bronco already?
If so, congrats, if not, I'm sure it'll be soon.
They have been good to work with. What tires are you looking at?
I have been running the Toyo Open Country AT3 on my F-150 for a while and had the AT2 on before that. Good tires. I think I will go with the Open Country R/T next though, more aggressive looking!
For sure you will have to remove the crash bars, I think both crash bars. I think with the factory offset wheels I can still run 35s, but might need the 1" level lift? Maybe for street driving I would be ok without?
My Bronco is BUILT, just awaiting shipment...its so close!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have been good to work with. What tires are you looking at?
I have been running the Toyo Open Country AT3 on my F-150 for a while and had the AT2 on before that. Good tires. I think I will go with the Open Country R/T next though, more aggressive looking!
For sure you will have to remove the crash bars, I think both crash bars. I think with the factory offset wheels I can still run 35s, but might need the 1" level lift? Maybe for street driving I would be ok without?
My Bronco is BUILT, just awaiting shipment...its so close!
Honestly not sure about which tires. I want that aggressive look, BUT, this is going to be my daily driver so not sure what to consider.
Wheels though? I am looking at these from KMC
Ford Bronco Michigan Wheel and tire source? Where will you go for upgrades? Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 09.54.11 AM

My Carbonized Grey Badlands is getting a vinyl wrap in satin finish that looks like this:
Ford Bronco Michigan Wheel and tire source? Where will you go for upgrades? Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 09.58.44 AM

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly not sure about which tires. I want that aggressive look, BUT, this is going to be my daily driver so not sure what to consider.
Wheels though? I am looking at these from KMC
Ford Bronco Michigan Wheel and tire source? Where will you go for upgrades? Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 09.58.44 AM

My Carbonized Grey Badlands is getting a vinyl wrap in satin finish that looks like this:
Nice wrap! Can't wait to see pictures of that when its done!
You could stick with the BFG AT, but go up to 35s? They are a pretty aggressive looking tire.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice wrap! Can't wait to see pictures of that when its done!
You could stick with the BFG AT, but go up to 35s? They are a pretty aggressive looking tire.
Thanks for the feedback on the tires! If I'm being honest this is the first "truck" I will have owned and modified.

The last vehicle I moded was a 2000 Ford Contour sport LOL!
NON SVT but swapped out the 2.5L V6 for the 3.0L V6 from the Ford Escape.
Cat-back duals w/ Magnaflow mufflers, B&M short throw shifter, Focus SVT fuel pump, CAI, and a few other mods. LOL

In a CONTOUR 🤷🏼‍♂️
It was a fun ride when I was younger LOL.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those KMC's look sweet.
If anyone is upgrading and trying to sell their SAS wheels + tires let me know.
Im located in the Lansing area.
Sponsored