Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love these wheels and have been back and forth on going retro with KO2 RWL and doing bronze or matte gray KMS/XD. It would be easier if I saw my AMB Bronco with each mock up!
Seriously, AMB with milled or polished aluminum is freaking SICK!!!

I fell in love with the look many many moons ago when I did some work on a 89? Vette in "Black Sapphire".
It attracted every mechanic in the shop to come eyeball it ... like moths to a flame.
"Man, I thought that thing was black until it got in the lights!"
LOL
Ford Bronco Mickey Thompson Classic iii wheels? 1630458346865

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, BRKOBILLY2 or anyone else. Hopefully you can help. Will they fit site says this for your mock up.

Poke
Old 42.6mm
New 100.7mm

Isn't that equal to 2.2 inches poke? Or is that total poke, not just one side so you halve the total poke?

I'm actually getting base sasquatch so those 17's with skinnier tires just might work?? That is what I mocked up but it still seems like too much poke. That would add a little to the functionality and street manners as well as rain and snow behavior to have the narrower tires.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, BRKOBILLY2 or anyone else. Hopefully you can help. Will they fit site says this for your mock up.

Poke
Old 42.6mm
New 100.7mm

Isn't that equal to 2.2 inches poke? Or is that total poke, not just one side so you halve the total poke?

I'm actually getting base sasquatch so those 17's with skinnier tires just might work?? That is what I mocked up but it still seems like too much poke. That would add a little to the functionality and street manners as well as rain and snow behavior to have the narrower tires.
I guess I may be wrong but was using 18 inch rim, 9 inch width ??18 mm offset??, 255/70r/18 tire against 17 inch by 9inch with -12 offset then LT 285/70r17.....4 inches (2.2 each side) total poke is more than I would want. I don't really want to go from 18 to 16 inch rim for the 0 offset. I will do my research or go back to other message boards as I am committing more and more to the MT C3 style. I hate to knock off as love original but this has 0 offset. But I have to check bore specs as it may not fit?
Ford Bronco Mickey Thompson Classic iii wheels? 1630463778676

https://voxxwheel.com/wheel/12295/g-fx/tr16/?finishID=10

Last edited:

Sponsored

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somebody who knows for sure will chime in I'm sure. Honestly I think I will be so happy to get this damn thing, I won't even care about all of this and might very possibly keep it stock for a long time, lol.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Somebody who knows for sure will chime in I'm sure. Honestly I think I will be so happy to get this damn thing, I won't even care about all of this and might very possibly keep it stock for a long time, lol.
100%- right now looking at wheels, tires, and bumpers is killing time that I may forget it all when I get the truck! Good luck

Matt from Discount tire messaged me this info, BTW current wheel is +55 offset not what I said +18.

Thanks @discounttire
If the rig is going to see mainly road use with mild trails and beach sand, 18-inch is definitely a solid choice. The 18x9 with +12mm offset should not require a lift/leveling kit as long as you keep with a tire under 33-inchs. Do you plan on swapping the factory tires to the new wheels?

For reference, the 18x9 +12 is going to sit about 2-1/2" further out when compared to where the factory wheels sit. If you take a tape measure (once you have the vehicle), and measure from the front lip of the factory wheel outwards 2-1/2", this will be the point where the front lip of the 18x9 with +12mm offset sits. Here's a visual for better scope, orange is the stock wheel and blue is the 18x9 with +12mm offset.

Ford Bronco Mickey Thompson Classic iii wheels? 1630463778676

When it comes to quality, absolutely, Voxx build quality wheels and I personally wouldn't hesitate to run any of there models on my own vehicles. Key with this wheel, or finish rather, is to keep them clean. We do not offer ceramic coating at this time but I'm sure you could find someone local to perform the service for you should you decide to go this route over wax.

https://voxxwheel.com/wheel/12295/g-fx/tr16/?finish=10&part=T16 890-6139-12 P
Sponsored

Last edited: