First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The chatter in the build week threads today(1/25) its about delivery delays. Many are experiencing delivery delays to February 28. And I am one of them. I wanted to pass along that my dealer indicated it was a microchip delay. He showed me his order log for my vehicle which had a note on the recent delivery delay. “Micro chip delay”. Real bummer to add to fuel to the fire of many issues.

*** adding some other detail ***
from the trends we are seeing on the build week data, Ford seems to have prioritized the convey orders for the delays. Thus perhaps shorter routes would be easier and quicker to handle the chip install. It’s all makes little sense but trying.

****update ****
I know some doubted the validity of this reason for the recent delay (and I understand why) but I was able to see some Ford communication that verified. I also believe it is a short term issue and Ford has made supply improvements that will take care of this issue going forward. I know execs have made references to this recently. For now some but not all deliveries are held for micro chips.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nbnewcar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The chatter in the build week threads today(1/25) its about delivery delays. Many are experiencing delivery delays to February 28. And I am one of them. I wanted to pass along that my dealer indicated it was a microchip delay. He showed me his order log for my vehicle which had a note on the recent delivery delay. “Micro chip delay”. Real bummer to add to fuel to the fire of many issues.
Same here, showed "produced" with no update for a while. Now the dealership is showing "microchip at plant on hold". Pretty disappointing but at this point what else is new? Still thankful I was a fortunate one to even get a build date...

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SO close. YET so far.

I absolutely do not want a Dirt Mountain 2.0 Bronco

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Must be why there are some December and early Jan builds still in Purgatory. Makes me wonder tho. When i see exact builds like mine, built after mine, being delivered.

Sponsored

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder if the chip delay is just 2.7s. Someone posted that 2.7s are on hold, but that was a "my dealer said"

I have also noticed a lot of 2.3 being scheduled in February

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wife and I were at six different dealerships on Saturday, none of them Ford, looking to test drive a variety of new sedans as we get closer to replacing her bmw. Toyota, Lexus, Infinity, Honda, Mercedes…none of them had a new sedan of the type we wanted to drive, and all of them said an order would be 4-6 months out minimum, no guarantees. The big Lexus dealer had only two new vehicles on their lot. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s not just Ford Broncos, it’s everyone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ocbucks1

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Must be why there are some December and early Jan builds still in Purgatory. Makes me wonder tho. When i see exact builds like mine, built after mine, being delivered.
Yes. One trend we noticed in our week data that ford was delaying convoy over rail orders. Suggesting that the short delivery would be easier.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising. Would be nice if they would just communicate with us.
Sponsored