William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Maybe I can build my Bronco the same day I order my new Xbox? Come on next Tuesday!!
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe I can build my Bronco the same day I order my new Xbox? Come on next Tuesday!!
Ok, I gotta ask. My kid will obviously be getting the new xbox for Christmas. Is the Series S worth it? Or do I gotta spring for Series X? I assumed the S plays same games, just didn't have the cd drive or something, and too lazy to try and research it. Too busy trying to find a deal for my East Coast Buyers Group. Plus I'm more of a Playstation person.

Figured I'd ask because it's not like we are getting B&P anytime soon.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, I gotta ask. My kid will obviously be getting the new xbox for Christmas. Is the Series S worth it? Or do I gotta spring for Series X? I assumed the S plays same games, just didn't have the cd drive or something, and too lazy to try and research it. Too busy trying to find a deal for my East Coast Buyers Group. Plus I'm more of a Playstation person.

We've been waiting so long for it to come out, this is what the build and price thread has turned to? ??

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The X can be used in the Wildtrack but the S can only be used in a non-Squatch Base 4 door.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The X can be used in the Wildtrack but the S can only be used in a non-Squatch Base 4 door.
Can't afford the Wildtrak, so looks like the kid gets the S ? Saves me some money to get the PS5 for myself now.. whew

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just know if you move to the new consoles that your probably going to have to upgrade your tv to the new HDMI port to take full advantage of the 4k at 120hz.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

s - no disc (all games bought online), slower, not 4k, less storage...

https://www.theverge.com/21432635/x...date-news-price-features-specs-hardware-games

The differences between the Xbox Series S and Series X are more substantial and are likely to have a big impact on how games look. While Microsoft says the Series X is targeting running games at 60fps at a full 4K resolution, the Series S will instead target a lower 1440p resolution at 60fps. It’s a big power disparity, similar to what we saw between the Xbox One and the Xbox One X, but this time, the two consoles are going to be available on day one, rather than releasing years apart.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.theverge.com/21432635/x...date-news-price-features-specs-hardware-games

The differences between the Xbox Series S and Series X are more substantial and are likely to have a big impact on how games look. While Microsoft says the Series X is targeting running games at 60fps at a full 4K resolution, the Series S will instead target a lower 1440p resolution at 60fps. It’s a big power disparity, similar to what we saw between the Xbox One and the Xbox One X, but this time, the two consoles are going to be available on day one, rather than releasing years apart.
The REST OF YOU should take some notes here. When I say I'm too lazy to research, at least I can count on @SliderJack to do it for me.

Thank you sir!

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

were gonna get an off road Xbox game with the new Bronco before B&P is released
Maybe they're working on a partnership with Microsoft, and b&p will be in all the games that feature Bronco. Everyone can build their own.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, I don't plan on buying disc games. It's 2020! Everything should be digital at this point. I would pay Series X pricing for a series S that has the same graphics specs because I really like the compact design and no large disc drive to worry about....

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It’s too early to say tbh. I’ve seen early concerns from developers about how it will hold back next gen but that doesn’t affect the console in anyway. It’s discless meaning all downloads and it only has 512mb memory SSD, although expandable another 1TB same way the Series X is. As long as you don’t need 10 games installed a time it isn’t really an issue.

CPU wise they’re identical architecture but slightly downclocked on the Series S. GPU wise is where you’ll see the difference as the X is roughly 3 times more powerful. Now with that said, resolution is one of the biggest factors on performance. So Microsoft knowing this designed the S to be able to handle next gen games with the same assets but at a non-4K resolution (1440P). They’ve claimed they have built the tools to make the games easily scalable across the 2 consoles. Theoretically you’ll be getting the same game at a lower resolution. They say hardware accelerated ray tracing but I don’t know if I buy that console being able to do that in real time. It’ll affect things like anisotropic filtering (clarity of images) and Anti-aliasing (jagged edges)

One thing to keep in mind they tout 120FPS (not likely on 99.8% of games) and I’ve seen it running the new Gears 5 upgraded multiplayer at that refresh rate. They tout 1440P and 4K across the 2 consoles. Some games will hit this, some games will be weird resolutions in between but it will at least be 1080P. The S has a hardware scaler so it will upscale to 4K on a 4K TV and it will do HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, same as the X.

If Microsoft did their homework and did indeed build the tools they are talking about it’s a great console. $300 for a next gen system is awesome and if you’re not concerned with the very best of the best and 4K etc then it’s a great choice tbh.

I saw someone else mention the new 4K stuff, that doesn’t matter. HDMI 2.1 brings with it some new upgrades not found on older TVs.

VRR: variable refresh rate - Smoother gameplay from screen tearing for games that aren’t locked FPS.

ALLM- Auto Low Latency mode. Basically input lag for your TV.

120FPS games- meh. Who cares? How many games will offer this? 5? 10? Arcade games?

Are these things nice? Yes. Are they needed? We’ve been playing video games for 30 years without it so you won’t suddenly have massive issues without them. But if you do want a 4K TV, then yes look for one with HDMI 2.1

So basically if you care about HDMI 2.1 and 4K, buy the X

If you just want to play the next gen games on a regular TV or even a 4K TV but aren’t concerned with the best of the best, buy the S and spend the $200 on an extra controller and 2-3 games.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh, I don't plan on buying disc games. It's 2020! Everything should be digital at this point. I would pay Series X pricing for a series S that has the same graphics specs because I really like the compact design and no large disc drive to worry about....
You don’t have to use the disc drive lol, just buy the digital versions. The disc drive isn’t why it’s so big.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s too early to say tbh. I’ve seen early concerns from developers about how it will hold back next gen but that doesn’t affect the console in anyway. It’s discless meaning all downloads and it only has 512mb memory SSD, although expandable another 1TB same way the Series X is. As long as you don’t need 10 games installed a time it isn’t really an issue.

CPU wise they’re identical architecture but slightly downclocked on the Series S. GPU wise is where you’ll see the difference as the X is roughly 3 times more powerful. Now with that said, resolution is one of the biggest factors on performance. So Microsoft knowing this designed the S to be able to handle next gen games with the same assets but at a non-4K resolution (1440P). They’ve claimed they have built the tools to make the games easily scalable across the 2 consoles. Theoretically you’ll be getting the same game at a lower resolution. They say hardware accelerated ray tracing but I don’t know if I buy that console being able to do that in real time. It’ll affect things like anisotropic filtering (clarity of images) and Anti-aliasing (jagged edges)

One thing to keep in mind they tout 120FPS (not likely on 99.8% of games) and I’ve seen it running the new Gears 5 upgraded multiplayer at that refresh rate. They tout 1440P and 4K across the 2 consoles. Some games will hit this, some games will be weird resolutions in between but it will at least be 1080P. The S has a hardware scaler so it will upscale to 4K on a 4K TV and it will do HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, same as the X.

If Microsoft did their homework and did indeed build the tools they are talking about it’s a great console. $300 for a next gen system is awesome and if you’re not concerned with the very best of the best and 4K etc then it’s a great choice tbh.

I saw someone else mention the new 4K stuff, that doesn’t matter. HDMI 2.1 brings with it some new upgrades not found on older TVs.

VRR: variable refresh rate - Smoother gameplay from screen tearing for games that aren’t locked FPS.

ALLM- Auto Low Latency mode. Basically input lag for your TV.

120FPS games- meh. Who cares? How many games will offer this? 5? 10? Arcade games?

Are these things nice? Yes. Are they needed? We’ve been playing video games for 30 years without it so you won’t suddenly have massive issues without them. But if you do want a 4K TV, then yes look for one with HDMI 2.1

So basically if you care about HDMI 2.1 and 4K, buy the X

If you just want to play the next gen games on a regular TV or even a 4K TV but aren’t concerned with the best of the best, buy the S and spend the $200 on an extra controller and 2-3 games.
Great answer. Thanks. Basically makes me compare the Xbox One to the One X. Or PS4 to PS4 pro. Do I really need the extra? Probably not. It's not like he has a 65" 4K tv running @ 120 or 240hz. Hell ONLY my old 60" 1080p TV operates at 120 & 240hz, not my newer 4k's. And he tends to scratch discs, so going discless is probably the way to go, especially if he can use his portable SSD to hold games like his xbox one does.

Thanks for the input.

The rest of you knuckleheads can go back to debating the B&P that we still DON'T have!!

Edit: Yo Doug (@Administrator or @JAGSarge) gotta move this one too ?
Sponsored