Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my assumption, but what is plugged in when you have the soft top on. There is no rear defrost or wiper on the soft top and it’s a soft top even in that photo? Makes zero sense.

ok, so it’s wearing a soft top and prepped for a hard top. What is plugged into it then?
best guess is a dummy connector to hold defrost and washer connections. There have been pics posted here (buried somewhere). Believe there's even a bronco nation video posted here that talks about storing connectors when hard top is fully removed.

edit:
Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 1632740400040
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my assumption, but what is plugged in when you have the soft top on. There is no rear defrost or wiper on the soft top and it’s a soft top even in that photo? Makes zero sense.

ok, so it’s wearing a soft top and prepped for a hard top. What is plugged into it then?
The connectors you see there are what plug into the hard top wiring/tubing when it's on. They have the dummy connectors there so they don't just flop around in back when you have the top off or a soft top on.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to say that, after seeing the soft tops in pics and in person, I'm happy to wait for my hardtop...

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The connectors you see there are what plug into the hard top wiring/tubing when it's on. They have the dummy connectors there so they don't just flop around in back when you have the top off or a soft top on.
Putting unused wiring for future use front and center in a cargo area???? It is backward from the way I would have thought Ford would engineer it and should have been done exactly like the removable doors. The other option would be to have a recessed connector on both ends and a short removable jumper between. That wiring hanging out will be broken by anyone rolling over camping in the back of their rig. Since I've ordered a soft top, I'll find a way to bury them behind a panel until I take delivery of a hardtop. This is why Ford didn't initially want to prep soft tops with hardtop wiring kits...

Jeep unfortunately did this better on the JL.

Thankfully I'm certain the army of aftermarket of 3-D printers out there will make a better solution than the way this is presented here.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really confused... How exactly does it power the bluetooth receiver circuitry without power?
The Ford accessory does not have Bluetooth

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you and I have the same build, can you share your techniques?
I plan to drive down obx in the sand as much as possible lol
If Ford was doing their homework, they would have set up the Outer Banks to excel at driving in sand. Probably just used the name though.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah, seeing this the first time tore a hole in my soul. Was almost better, but now I've seen it again. This will take an hour of Youtube off-roading Bronco flics to fix.
Definitely can't unsee it.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty cool rides.
Anytime I see how people compare the packages I get unhappy.
I will probably get Badlands 2.7 with big screen pack and Sas. . Then it gets to me in that configuration I don't get heated steering, don't get power seats (even tho I like vinyl) and i don't get good speakers. So to fix that I basically have to get top of the line Badlands.

Always in my head: I would be paying $930+/- lease (Canadian) for a car with no heated steering wheel, crappy speakers and no power seats.
Same boat here...minus the SAS. Wife is all about the heated steering wheel.

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't start with the hate. 2 reservation holder. Our flipper Bronco was a 2.7L, BL, 33" tires, mid package, tow. The keeper Bronco was SAS, BL, Sas, Lux, tow, leather. After spending 2,800 miles in the Flipper Brondo the 1st thing you notice is the stance. Second is how different they drive and sound. The upgraded speakers are a vast improvement over the base. We like the larger touchscreen over the smaller one the other interesting thing is the Apple carplay connects via Bluetooth where the smaller one needs connected with a cord. We actually like the marine grade vinyl over the leather but prefer the power seats, still no memory button.😕 Mid is so much easier to clean than the carpet floor, sand and dog hair. In short here is what I’d do if I had the opportunity to build another Bronco, not all options available from factory.

upgraded sound system
larger touch screen
rubber floors
power seats
marine vinyl seats
hood insulation
SAS suspension
adaptive cruise
save my money from buying LUX

We made the mistake of stopping at a local hardware store and we drew a crowd that lasted over 2hrs comparing the two side by side.

Interesting measurements
Floor to bottom of front fender - 1" differance
Flipper Bronco non SAS 37.5
Keeper Bronco SAS 38.5

Floor to bottom of rear fender - 1.5" differance
FB 38.75
KB 40.25

Floor to bottom of hitch - 1" differance
FB 18
KB 19

Floor to front tow hook center of hole - 3/4"
FB 24.5
KB 25.75

Centerline of hubs to bottom of flare
Front 3/4" differance
Rear 1/2" differance

Driving the SAS seems more composed over bumps, and Lux package makes it sound quieter. Well the DB meter tells a different story the DB level is the same 77. You definitely hear less tire noise with the SAS. The hood insulation definitely makes a huge differance with engine noise (turbo) on the Lux, carpet helps too. First pic is Lux, SAS, BL second is Mid, BL. Hope they post in the order I loaded them.

Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 1632740400040

What is the difference between the 2 different dash pictures? Is that an additional speaker with USB connection for charging? Are either one of them for wireless charging?(was assuming that would be in front of center console). The important question is do I lose the coin collector if I get the Lux package?

Thanks,

Dan

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great story and pictures - great flip. Was the keeper also a 4 cylinder? If one was a 6, what was that difference?
Thanks

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review and comparison between them - thank you!! You mention that you like the MGV seats over the leather... can you describe 'what' you like better about them? I sat in and test drove an OBX with the roasted leather interior, and LOVED the seats, they felt comfortable while also supportive... I am concerned that the MGV seats in the Badlands I'm waiting for, will be too firm and non-compliant... hopefully you can alleviate that concern for me, having had the opportunity to sit in and drive both :)

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Putting unused wiring for future use front and center in a cargo area???? It is backward from the way I would have thought Ford would engineer it and should have been done exactly like the removable doors. The other option would be to have a recessed connector on both ends and a short removable jumper between. That wiring hanging out will be broken by anyone rolling over camping in the back of their rig. Since I've ordered a soft top, I'll find a way to bury them behind a panel until I take delivery of a hardtop. This is why Ford didn't initially want to prep soft tops with hardtop wiring kits...

Jeep unfortunately did this better on the JL.

Thankfully I'm certain the army of aftermarket of 3-D printers out there will make a better solution than the way this is presented here.
I don’t know what’s up with this dudes rig or if he mixed up the photos.. that + this is the same confusing dude w the f’d up kid truck rim situation that I’m too old to follow. So I really want to stay out of it altogether - but just so it’s clear for those waiting on a soft top. There are no loose wires in the trunk. The ports are there. The wires are prob direct from the hardtop itself - that would make more sense obviously. See for yourself on my soft top. Both sides to be thorough.

16B9D304-86ED-4EE1-997F-0CD9575F8998.jpeg

749318E4-C251-438B-807A-B1A2901E8D55.jpeg
Sponsored