First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it's the opposite of driving in snow. Staying at a steady pace is the best idea - and not driving too slowly. People always get stuck because they stop in sand, or drive really slowly. We probably have someone stuck on our road once a month because they choose the sand path (which is pretty deep) instead of the hard packed lime rock path. The vehicle can get hung up, or they just sink their tires in because they are driving too slow.

It depends on how wet the sand is and what kind it is. I live where there is sugar sand. It bogs you down when it's wet and you can sink in it when it's dry. If it's wet, you generally have to drive a little slower because it's harder to get through. When it's dry, I drive pretty fast through it. You can use 4H or 4A depending on the type and depth of the sand. I have been using sport mode 24/7 and it zips right through in 4A. If I were driving in really deep sand, I would use 4H. I also wouldn't go into any sand where there are deep ruts. My obx is not tall enough to keep from getting hung up in super deep ruts.

I have gotten stuck in the sand myself in a 2wd Explorer (the old one with the truck frame). That was the last straw for me and I have always had 4x4 since then.
Florida panhandle is like that. Crestview area and such. I remember the sugar sand there. Nice but hard to manuver.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Florida panhandle is like that. Crestview area and such. I remember the sugar sand there. Nice but hard to manuver.
Last week it rained all week. Today, it's sugar sand again and very dusty. I think I prefer the sand. Bronco is cleaner.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know what’s up with this dudes rig or if he mixed up the photos.. that + this is the same confusing dude w the f’d up kid truck rim situation that I’m too old to follow. So I really want to stay out of it altogether - but just so it’s clear for those waiting on a soft top. There are no loose wires in the trunk. The ports are there. The wires are prob direct from the hardtop itself - that would make more sense obviously. See for yourself on my soft top. Both sides to be thorough.

16B9D304-86ED-4EE1-997F-0CD9575F8998.jpeg

749318E4-C251-438B-807A-B1A2901E8D55.jpeg
Oh darn. Your photo confirms those are dummy holders for the hard top wiring when the hard top isn’t installed. There is no pin out on the bottom bulkhead holder it’s just blank plastic. I can see this getting a factory revision at some point.

Chipt7

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Badlands Squatch, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what I’m seeing here. But is this not the same garage that gave us this awful pic?
1632620676995.jpeg

If that’s the case I’d trade it too!
So wrong! 🤮

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yep...big NO

lux doesn’t mean it comes with carpet.

‘’leather power seats means it comes with carpet, the vinyl NON-power seats comes with wash out floor.” On badlands..reason being is they don’t want power seat mechanisms getting wet
Can you even tell what part is "leather trimmed" vs MGV? It looks practically identical.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story and pictures - great flip. Was the keeper also a 4 cylinder? If one was a 6, what was that difference?
Thanks
Both 2.7L

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review and comparison between them - thank you!! You mention that you like the MGV seats over the leather... can you describe 'what' you like better about them? I sat in and test drove an OBX with the roasted leather interior, and LOVED the seats, they felt comfortable while also supportive... I am concerned that the MGV seats in the Badlands I'm waiting for, will be too firm and non-compliant... hopefully you can alleviate that concern for me, having had the opportunity to sit in and drive both :)
MGV feels softer (like fine leather) and would be easier to clean, as we do a lot of beach trips. Leather doesn’t like to be wet (bathing suits). So over time I feel the MGV is a better choice for us. Happy with the leather but it feels stiff compared to my platinum F150, and they are not the fine leather like our Porsche.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you even tell what part is "leather trimmed" vs MGV? It looks practically identical.
The whole seat is MGV same thing on the Leather the whole thing. Both look the same, MGV has a silver gray accent on seat

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole seat is MGV same thing on the Leather the whole thing. Both look the same, MGV has a silver gray accent on seat
Rear seat
Leather has cup holders, MGV does not (looks stretched, less wrinkles)

Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 20210925_173022

Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 20210925_173004

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear seat
Leather has cup holders, MGV does not (looks stretched, less wrinkles)

Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 20210925_173004

Being I have a Malibu boat I would have loved to stay with the MGV But the power seats and carpet was a must for the wife to be happy I do like the cup holders in the back for the kids makes for less mess. (Happy Wife Happy Life)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it true that the MGV is not available on Outer Banks or on Wildtrack?
I’m looking at the Build a Bronco page and I don’t see it on those trims…

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it true that the MGV is not available on Outer Banks or on Wildtrack?
I’m looking at the Build a Bronco page and I don’t see it on those trims…
A more appropriate way to put that would be:

MGV is only available in the Black Diamond and Badlands.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A more appropriate way to put that would be:

MGV is only available in the Black Diamond and Badlands.
MGV and sway disconnect? Badlands is the best model by a log way.
Sponsored