Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you follow up with making him move out of state if he doesn’t change the wheels back.

Also, just to clarify - Badlands with Lux, MGV seats. Should I be expecting the carpeted cargo area or the rubberized?
That’s a good one, I’d guess rubberized will confirm later tonight. Going to stampede an ice cream place with several Broncos. I’ll check the other guys Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's not true at all. I had a demo Bronco for a day, 8" screen black diamond and I connected Apple carplay wirelessly.
The dealers here in Jersey. You get a ten minute drive. They must be afraid that you'll steal the Bronco. Well, this is New Jersey. Lol. 😂

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is plugged in on the left side cargo area of the Area 51 Bronco. I thought it was for the hard top, but then saw it was a soft-top build? I really don't want wiring that exposed hard or soft top. What gives?

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is plugged in on the left side cargo area of the Area 51 Bronco. I thought it was for the hard top, but then saw it was a soft-top build? I really don't want wiring that exposed hard or soft top. What gives?
On the left side you are looking at the "hard top prep" this Bronco was built either with the hard and soft top option or with the option to add a hard top later...
Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 1632697854529

The other looks to only be able to accommodate a soft top.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That JBL bar *must* be powered, from what I read here on the forums in posts it connects via bluetooth and it's hard to do that without power?
JBL makes sound bars that are Bluetooth and powered, the Ford accessory isn’t.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All soft tops now get a hard top kit

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the hard top also. What other vehicle would you consider? I like the Defenders, but the value drops worse than anything else out there.
I have looked at several other classes of vehicles and honestly it would probably be a GX 460. I would love to have an F150 but it won't fit in my garage because of length.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't start with the hate. 2 reservation holder. Our flipper Bronco was a 2.7L, BL, 33" tires, mid package, tow. The keeper Bronco was SAS, BL, Sas, Lux, tow, leather. After spending 2,800 miles in the Flipper Brondo the 1st thing you notice is the stance. Second is how different they drive and sound. The upgraded speakers are a vast improvement over the base. We like the larger touchscreen over the smaller one the other interesting thing is the Apple carplay connects via Bluetooth where the smaller one needs connected with a cord. We actually like the marine grade vinyl over the leather but prefer the power seats, still no memory button.😕 Mid is so much easier to clean than the carpet floor, sand and dog hair. In short here is what I’d do if I had the opportunity to build another Bronco, not all options available from factory.

upgraded sound system
larger touch screen
rubber floors
power seats
marine vinyl seats
hood insulation
SAS suspension
adaptive cruise
save my money from buying LUX

We made the mistake of stopping at a local hardware store and we drew a crowd that lasted over 2hrs comparing the two side by side.

Interesting measurements
Floor to bottom of front fender - 1" differance
Flipper Bronco non SAS 37.5
Keeper Bronco SAS 38.5

Floor to bottom of rear fender - 1.5" differance
FB 38.75
KB 40.25

Floor to bottom of hitch - 1" differance
FB 18
KB 19

Floor to front tow hook center of hole - 3/4"
FB 24.5
KB 25.75

Centerline of hubs to bottom of flare
Front 3/4" differance
Rear 1/2" differance

Driving the SAS seems more composed over bumps, and Lux package makes it sound quieter. Well the DB meter tells a different story the DB level is the same 77. You definitely hear less tire noise with the SAS. The hood insulation definitely makes a huge differance with engine noise (turbo) on the Lux, carpet helps too. First pic is Lux, SAS, BL second is Mid, BL. Hope they post in the order I loaded them.

Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 1632697854529

First thing I did was use my 40k ford pass points to get the all weather vinyl 4dr floormats. In accessories and my dealer had in stock. $179 or free with points. Snap in and fit perfect
In rear too. Def prefer my vinyl trunk in my bd sas high pkg too the carpet will be a mess. Surely someone has molded vinyl cover you can throw down.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since you and I have the same build, can you share your techniques?
I plan to drive down obx in the sand as much as possible lol
I've driven the beach up Corolla in my stock F-150, it's a blast.

BareBack

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what I’m seeing here. But is this not the same garage that gave us this awful pic?

If that’s the case I’d trade it too!
[/QUOTE

Terrible.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The hood insulation definitely makes a huge differance with engine noise (turbo) on the Lux, carpet helps too.
Any difference between how the Lux and Mid package doors feel while opening/closing them?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the left side you are looking at the "hard top prep" this Bronco was built either with the hard and soft top option or with the option to add a hard top later...
1632697854529.png

The other looks to only be able to accommodate a soft top.
That was my assumption, but what is plugged in when you have the soft top on. There is no rear defrost or wiper on the soft top and it’s a soft top even in that photo? Makes zero sense.
All soft tops now get a hard top kit
ok, so it’s wearing a soft top and prepped for a hard top. What is plugged into it then?
Sponsored