First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL350, Volvo V70R, Ford F450, Unimog
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A tailgate that will support enough weight for my fat ass and one other person would be great for me. A dog ramp would be a happy bonus, but my dog only weighs about 50 pounds, so while he's getting to where he can't make that kind of a jump anymore (poor guy will be 11 in about a month and his hips are finally starting to wear out), I can lift him up easily enough.

That said, if it pulls all the way out into a dog ramp, I'm going to tell my mom to trade in her X-Terra, because she needs a dog ramp. She's got a 75 pound dog and a 60 pound dog. I can lift them into her X-Terra for her, but I'm not always available to do so.

C'mon, Ford! Let this be a built-in dog ramp!
I’ve got a 75+60 lb dog, a ramp would be awesome!

image.jpg
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing Im curious on and maybe the jeep peeps can shed light on. How does the passenger taillight fare with a swing gate? Looks like the taillight could get hit or cause ford to stop the gate from opening up all the way which would then mess with the slide out tailgate preview we saw. Love to see it open at reveal tomorrow.
Huh?
In order to flip up the rear window you have to open the gate far enough that the glass clears the CHMSL and tire. Because of the geometry, it doesn’t have to be all the way open, but it does have to be opened.
Once the class is up you can close the gate.

Edit:: Oh wait, you mean the actual passenger tail light.

On my Jeep the gate can only swing open 90*. No clearance issues whatsoever.
(I’m leaving my first bit in where I totally misunderstood what you were asking just so we can appreciate my inability to read and comprehend what you were asking. ;) )

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, I’ve been looking at the tailgate pic for quite some time now. If that is a yeti tundra 35 or 45, here’s the dimensions: 35- L 21 3/8, W 16 1/8. 45- L 25 3/4, W 16 1/8.

Now, if you look real hard, I think the back seat is up and not stowed down. From the looks of it, I’d say this cargo area is roughly 18-20 inches deep.
Nice observation.... But also look at the sun and shadow on the cooler. Either its CGI or the roof is off ?

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The leak indicates is called carbonized grey.
While all bets are off with the dust, if this is carbonized Gray, they might as well call it 12yr old faded black roof IMHO.... 12yr old Weller. Now that’s the ticket, but that’s for another discussion.

79534C60-4258-4D44-B539-A7422352F8FC.jpeg

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally thought about the hinge concept too, but these angles look too similar for it not to slide in like a drawer.
Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers 79534C60-4258-4D44-B539-A7422352F8FC
I'm guessing it isn't a ramp but a full width wide work bench/seat. Seeing as its not a drop gate, I'm gonna suspect this.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers 79534C60-4258-4D44-B539-A7422352F8FC

Loving what I’m seeing so far. My only concern with this slide out is that my current Wrangler has a lockable storage “trunk” under this area. Would hate to lose that.
Unless ALL of this flips up to expose a trunk....?
?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I didn’t think it would be a full pull down ramp but looking closer it does appear to be able to pull out even further and the ribbed patter on it would indicate a pull down ramp so maybe...

Also side note. The rear tail lights are big and exposed. I like them but I wonder if Ford has an accessory to help protect them.
Tail light would be way worse if it were a wrap around style like the 150. This isn't too bad for off roading.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never understood the need/desire for these when there's a camera. The one vehicle I had with both, I permanently disabled the sensors.
Gotta think the higher trims will have cameras EVERYWHERE!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So get the painted flares.

My '09 Flex has a metal door - but my '18 Mustang, my dad's '17 Raptor, and my brothers '19 F-150 (and I believe my mom's '20 Explorer) all have plastic gas caps, so I wouldn't get your hopes up there.
Who actually cares about a fuel door??
And I like the contrasting plastic bits... Especially the flares. Why you'd want those made outta metal is beyond me.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish they wouldn’t use plastic painted body surfaces and just make it metal all the way around. The lack of continuity looks cheap and is bound to be an annoying issue 10 years down the road when they’ve faded at different rates. Likewise I hope Ford doesn’t go cheap on the gas door and make it plastic like some lower end manufacturers do.

9C4B53D8-81D5-43F0-B8A1-6C59F65C8249.jpeg
Unpainted plastic looks much better than painted but I’m not sure what the flares have to do with what I said.

Honestly I would prefer no gas door over a clumsy plastic door.
I included your post above - I misunderstood what you were saying - I thought you were thinking the plastic fenders were painted a black color.

Why are you hung up on the fuel door being plastic?

One thing Im curious on and maybe the jeep peeps can shed light on. How does the passenger taillight fare with a swing gate? Looks like the taillight could get hit or cause ford to stop the gate from opening up all the way which would then mess with the slide out tailgate preview we saw. Love to see it open at reveal tomorrow.
There's a gap between the light and opening to prevent them from hitting.

Who actually cares about a fuel door??
And I like the contrasting plastic bits... Especially the flares. Why you'd want those made outta metal is beyond me.
I don't - was just addressing the guy's post.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I included your post above - I misunderstood what you were saying - I thought you were thinking the plastic fenders were painted a black color.

Why are you hung up on the fuel door being plastic?

There's a gap between the light and opening to prevent them from hitting.

I don't - was just addressing the guy's post.
Re:

Fuel door - because it reeks of cheapness, I’d expect it on a Chinese built Buick but not on an American built vehicle that’s being reborn on a nameplate with a lot of heritage.

Plastic should be reserved for protecting areas that can be easily chipped, not cheaping out components you have to use multiple times a week reminding the consumer they bought a budget friendly vehicle instead of something substantial that will last many decades to come.
Sponsored