First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first pic that really shows curvature to the rear window and swing gate, I'm liking it.
Yeah, it’s definitely not as flat as , er, uh some of the competition...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unpainted plastic looks much better than painted but I’m not sure what the flares have to do with what I said.

Honestly I would prefer no gas door over a clumsy plastic door.
Looks like someone is confusing plastic gas doors and plastic gas caps? I don't recall ever seeing a plastic gas door. :unsure:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tail light would be way worse if it were a wrap around style like the 150. This isn't too bad for off roading.
For sure but it does look like in the new teaser there is a cover protector option. So that’s cool.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Re:

Fuel door - because it reeks of cheapness, I’d expect it on a Chinese built Buick but not on an American built vehicle that’s being reborn on a nameplate with a lot of heritage.

Plastic should be reserved for protecting areas that can be easily chipped, not cheaping out components you have to use multiple times a week reminding the consumer they bought a budget friendly vehicle instead of something substantial that will last many decades to come.
I've had my Mustang 2 years, my dad's had his truck close to 4 now, and no problems with the "cheap" plastic fuel door. I agree metal would be nicer, but it's not anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like someone is confusing plastic gas doors and plastic gas caps? I don't recall ever seeing a plastic gas door. :unsure:
Fords don't have gas caps - he is talking about the fuel door, and recent Fords have had plastic ones.

rcengr

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've owned my Mustang for 3 years and never knew it had a plastic fuel door. How annoying. :mad:

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've owned my Mustang for 3 years and never knew it had a plastic fuel door. How annoying. :mad:
When did they start this plastic shit? Now I gotta run outside to check the door on my '12 Mustang ?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When did they start this plastic shit? Now I gotta run outside to check the door on my '12 Mustang ?
Somewhere between 2009 and 2017, as those are my two reference points. It'd obviously depend on the model as well and when it was redesigned.

So Mustang, for example - if my '18 is plastic, that means it's been plastic since at least the 2015 model year, as that's when the new bodystyle came out (mine is a refresh of the same body).

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhere between 2009 and 2017, as those are my two reference points. It'd obviously depend on the model as well and when it was redesigned.

So Mustang, for example - if my '18 is plastic, that means it's been plastic since at least the 2015 model year, as that's when the new bodystyle came out (mine is a refresh of the same body).
Both my ‘17 and ‘19 are plastic

and just checked my wife’s ‘17 F-150 is plastic