Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nother stereo thread. This won’t be a install, just products used, wiring method, and settings in amp dsp. Should be easy tuning if you use the same equipment and settings.

-Front 4” Audio frog GS42 $299
-Back 4” Audio frog GS42 $299
-Kick panels Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 602 MKII $329
-Metra 72-5602 Speaker Wiring Harness - Front x2 $12.99
-JL Audio VX700/5i $1399
- JL Audio CS110LG-TW1-2 $449
- JL Audio DRC-205
- RCA connector to speaker wire adapter. 3 set or 6 ends total 9.99 set
- speaker wire I went with 14ga. Takes about 120’ total for install.
- 4ga wiring kit. Has to be 4 ga. Anything smaller will cut out. I tried. I did not use any butt connectors. Everything was soldered and shrunk

Comes in right at the 3k mark. I also added killmat for sound deadening while I had the rear apart. Takes 3 18sqft kits. Can also add some of this inside all the speaker housings with some floss too. Really helps the sound out. My usual is mat on whats flat I can reach. Floss tight around the sides, then some loose in the middle.

I mounted my amp and sub on the rear tailgate so wire length may very. I mounted both to the tail gate table. Reason I did this is so it can be removed in 5 minutes if wanted. Plus with the amp as far back as can be relocating will require cutting no wires. If I decide I want to drop it behind a panel

I ran individual new wires to all speakers installed. Bypassed all of fords wiring.

To start, strip the interior from kick panels to Ass end both sides. Pretty easy to do. Takes about 20 minutes.
To wire the rears I pulled the plastic air bag curtain covers off, then the rear bar plastic. I then ran new wire across the cage and drilled a 1/2” hole in the side, metals thick, will take a minute. Then dropped both those down so they popped out by the tail light. On the speaker housing itself I removed fords wiring harness. Cut the cone shaped rubber plug down the side to remove the original wire. Then tied a knot in the speaker cable, sat that back into the grommet and reinstalled that back into the rear housings.

Audio frogs were installed in fronts and rears. Front and backs tied together. So that cover 4 speakers on channel 1 and 2. Had to use clips to mount the 4” properly. Channel 3 and 4 will be run to the morels in the kick panels. When mounting the morels you will need to trim the circle plastic on the back of the grill covers. It trims right off with a razor knife, 5 and 6 to the sub.

For inputs I used the kick panel speakers with the white and black speaker harness adapters. For termination wire 3 rca’s per to split the signal for the channels. So that’s 3 rca’s coming off 1 input wire. Remote wire was hooked up to the white and orange stripe behind the side rear panel in front of the tail light. Is accessory switched.
205 (amp remote) is highly recommended to adjust base on the fly. For that I pulled the window switches out, drilled a 5/8 hole then brought the wire in under the rubber flooring into the rear of the console, it’s open under it.

Once that done we’re gonna grab the computer and set the amp up. When it asks select 5/1 mode. In inputs set them at 2 for all 3. Default is 7. This is the strength of the incoming signal. Then match gains and cross over setting in the pics and you should be good to go. Specifically looking at cross over frequency and gain adjustments in the pics.

Also the 205 remote ring color is changed thru the preset button in the top left corner in the tun 4 program. Default is red, select a different preset color to change the ring color. Remember to save to amp after that.

Overall I am extremely happy with this setup. Loud and bright with mids and snap you can feel. Bass is not overly boomy with the sealed 10 and can tweak that on the 205 dial for whatever music you’re listening to. I would not hesitate to recommend this set up for the price. I know everyone has their favorite brand, this is just what I picked out.

It has a open feel to it with this setup. My burban with its bose system can seem stuffy at times. If my bose system is a 10 the bronco system would be a 16. Stock bronco 6 speaker would rate a 2-3. Also remember. With tops and roof off most the bass will blow out the back. So it may sound bass weak in the drivers seat but that bass is now following behind the bronco.

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog F7D5B187-89F6-45E9-88CF-A7EF987D72EF

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog 514E5C3A-C10C-4E2E-B79D-F5A929675D79

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog 867B79D9-A273-4912-BAA7-9F507C11F289

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog 20B315EA-0A54-4846-B3B5-FD19A102B2AC

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog CF1F1744-5D84-476B-BAF4-B5D8CEA74CB7

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog 42DA1611-A413-43F0-8915-CC2CD22D58AF

Ford Bronco Mid/High end stereo install jl audio audio frog 0EDF86F9-0A9C-407A-91E2-482A04668106
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$3,000 isn't mid-end... :)
Changed the title.

Considering the components cost 1/3 of high end components is what I was basing it off off. Plus it would be a insult to call it high end compared to the time and money a couple guys on here have into their systems.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changed the title.

Considering the components cost 1/3 of high end components is what I was basing it off off. Plus it would be a insult to call it high end compared to the time and money a couple guys on here have into their systems.
The sky is the limit when you're putting money into an audio upgrade but It's kind of like a 60k Mercedes is a luxury car but so is a 160K Maybach

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current updated settings.

334F2370-FF57-48BF-A9E2-F7DAEE6EB2E4.jpeg

55A4BADD-7693-4CA8-96A3-3B19A56D0949.jpeg

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$3,000 isn't mid-end... :)
Yeah…$3000 is considered Mid tier within car-audio circles! Consider the amount of speakers, amps, subs and components involved in this build! Don’t get me wrong, this system will probably sound like a high end build! The OP has great taste in components and knows he’s getting great bang-for-the-buck with this build! 👍🏽

in my experience with car audio this is roughly what you’re going to spend in each tier (This does NOT include installation or custom fabrication costs):

Budget builds ~ $1k and under
Mid level builds ~ $3k +/-
High end builds ~ $5k ++
Enthusiast/Audiophile ~ $10k +/-
Competition ~ $20k ++

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice stereo! I've heard nothing but good things about Audiofrog and would like to upgrade my stereo eventually as well. For the Bronco do you really NEED the rear fill speakers or is that just a personal preference? I would rather just spend more money on great front components like the GBs...

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The speaker on the drop down table is creative but I would think it significantly reduces the functionality of the table as far as weight it can hold and rattles like crazy.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The speaker on the drop down table is creative but I would think it significantly reduces the functionality of the table as far as weight it can hold and rattles like crazy.
Zero rattle. I upgraded the mounting bolts and replaced the cables.

Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you change the mounting bolts to?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you change the mounting bolts to?
Had some bigger/better rivet nuts from another project, then added a pair of zip screws in each corner. Changed out the stock wire rope with some thicker stuff. I had changed everything before the audio install. $300 for a 25lb limit table is bs imo.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you think the rear fill is necessary if you have good components up front?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think the rear fill is necessary if you have good components up front?
I don’t believe it’s 100% necessary with the fronts and the kicks.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Changed the title.

Your Right if what you call it(y) I just finished me car audio in my gt500 and with getting amazing deals it was more then 3x the price.

Great Job on your build.
Sponsored