First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, am I the only one really peeved that I can't have the Manual Trans and still get the Mid package? (edit: In the Big Bend Trim)

There are so many features in that Mid package I want, but because it is bundled with the Remote Start, it will force the build to an Auto trans. That makes it a no-bueno choice for my build.

It should be trivial for Ford to just delete the Remote Start from the package and allow Manual Trans buyers to add that in; I would think that it would be an easy $1500 for Ford to collect on....

Thoughts??
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, am I the only one really peeved that I can't have the Manual Trans and still get the Mid package?

There are so many features in that Mid package I want, but because it is bundled with the Remote Start, it will force the build to an Auto trans. That makes it a no-bueno choice for my build.

It should be trivial for Ford to just delete the Remote Start from the package and allow Manual Trans buyers to add that in; I would think that it would be an easy $1500 for Ford to collect on....

Thoughts??
You can, you just have to get the Badlands trim. Badlands is the only trim where you get the manual with Mid, High, or Lux packages.

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, should have clarified... Manual on a Big Bend. :)

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big Bend still doesn't mean that the remote start is the reason. Ford did it to push us to a Badlands, so we spend more money.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, mid and manual transmission should be available on any trim......but it isn’t. Badlands solves that problem for me, but maybe adds others for you. Personally I would have rather seen base with more al a carte even if individually they were more than bundled.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, am I the only one really peeved that I can't have the Manual Trans and still get the Mid package?

Thoughts??
I ordered 2.3 with Manual transmission and mid-pack.

What are we ranting about without searching for again?

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford can't make you pick a better trim level. But it's available for you nonetheless.
Better is subjective. I like the options and especially the interior accent color better on a black diamond. To me the only reason to get a badlands over a black diamond at all is if you want high or lux packages as neither of those are options on black diamond at all. So badlands isn’t better to me since I don’t want either of those. But both manual transmission and mid package are options available on big bend and black diamond separately, so why can’t they be had together like badlands? If mid package wasn’t available at all on the lower trims or wasn’t available together with manual on badlands either then at least it’d make some sense.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Bend still doesn't mean that the remote start is the reason. Ford did it to push us to a Badlands, so we spend more money.
This guy bean counts! :D

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the Manual/Badlands/Mid Package is more offensive than the 2.3L and no 2.7L combination. It happens I was already planning a 2.3L Manual Badlands before either combination issue became known so I was not directly affected. It did put and end to any ideas of a Manquatch Black Diamond option but the enforced delay of delivery had made that unlikely in the first place. Still, there is one out of seven models where you can get a Manual/Mid combo and it just so happens to be the highest trim with a manual available. It is almost like Ford just wants to get rid of the manual entirely but despite their efforts, 18% of us were ready to suck it up just to get one.

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered 2.3 with Manual transmission and mid-pack.

What are we ranting about without searching for again?
Wait, you were able to on a Big Bend? I wasn't able to on the the B&P tool.

Crap, now I want to know if Tom at Chapman ( @DealerInsider ) can do it on my order in the ordering system...

OP
OP
Elmosaurus

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can't make you pick a better trim level. But it's available for you nonetheless.
Oh wait, I get you now. You got it by going up to Badlands.

Nevermind. I'll go back to being poor in the corner. 😞

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was more upset about the Man-Squatch tease.
Sponsored