BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved my Bronco over a year ago within about a week of the reservation banks opening. I'm still in the camp of no build date with no information from Ford or my dealer besides "get pumped" and "delayed till at least 2022" emails from Ford.

So in June 2021, while keeping my Bronco order, I decided to order a base model 2022 Land Rover Defender, but with the offroading package. MSRP is just a hair higher than my ordered Bronco. I was communicated to by the dealer routinely and Land Rover's Slovakian plant is ahead of schedule and built my Defender beginning of August.

Now I'm not trying to sell Land Rovers (nor do I work for them lol) and I understand that the demand is MUCH higher for Broncos, but damn the experience with Land Rover has been so refreshing with constant updates and relatively no delays (that I know of) so far. I'm waiting for the inevitable comment on this thread of "Your Land Rover experience won't be as good once you have the truck because it'll break down and leave you stranded" 😂.
Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck. It sounds like you know what your in for. At least that’s more than what we all knew when all of this started with the Bronco 🤣🙈

Last edited:

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought there was a "I'm canceling my order!" thread somewhere for this type of stuff.

Edit: Nevermind. Made an assumption about the content. My bad.

Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved my Bronco over a year ago within about a week of the reservation banks opening. I'm still in the camp of no build date with no information from Ford or my dealer besides "get pumped" and "delayed till at least 2022" emails from Ford.

So in June 2021, while keeping my Bronco order, I decided to order a base model 2022 Land Rover Defender, but with the offroading package. MSRP is just a hair higher than my ordered Bronco. I was communicated to by the dealer routinely and Land Rover's Slovakian plant is ahead of schedule and built my Defender beginning of August.

Now I'm not trying to sell Land Rovers (nor do I work for them lol) and I understand that the demand is MUCH higher for Broncos, but damn the experience with Land Rover has been so refreshing with constant updates and relatively no delays (that I know of) so far. I'm waiting for the inevitable comment on this thread of "Your Land Rover experience won't be as good once you have the truck because it'll break down and leave you stranded" 😂.
Enjoy the Defender! I've owned 3 Land Rovers ('97 Disco, 2011 RRS and 2018 RRS) and have really enjoyed all of them. Never bought one new though. The last 2 were through the CPO program with the 6yr/100k warranty. I stepped out of Land Rover for a few years to a Jeep GC, which was an objectively good vehicle but it's really hard to beat Land Rovers for the ride and solid, luxury feel in an off-road capable vehicle. I'll still hold onto my RR Sport when I get my Bronco and eventually decide which to one (or both) to keep.

Last edited:

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I canceled my 2 door badlands reservation last fall and bought a sports car. Figured I'd go do something totally different until Ford got its act together. However, I'm now trading that car in on a 2022 Defender 90 X-Dynamic S trim. Stumbled upon it as an in transit vehicle for a dealer near me and no one had claimed it yet, so I jumped on it. Should be here in NC at the end of the month.

I am getting a great trade value on my car (more than I paid for it last fall) and the dealer is not tacking on any ADM on this Defender, so I figure I can drive it for 3-4 years and then get a Bronco if I still want to come back to that. Something to be said for availability...

My Defender won't have the offroad pack, or the full towing package with terrain response 2, but it does have a tow hitch and will tow the same as a Defender 110. I'll have to switch out the tires for all terrains on my own at some point, but that's easy enough. Plus, to be fair, I'm never really going to need that locking rear end doing what I do...

Anyway, I still love the Bronco, and I'm still following the saga, but I'm with you. I feel like, at this point, it's going to be three model years before I could get a Bronco, AND it might take them that long to get all the options together so I could order what I actually want anyway. Hopefully, though, if I want to shoot for one in 2024 or 2025 there will be all sorts of options and no restrictions then.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Saw a post like this yesterday get deleted by the mods. OP was saying he was tired of waiting for Bronco and bought a 4Runner instead, few folks chimed in with support and boom..gone.
Hope yours stay, but is seems the mods don't like anything other than pro Bronco input.

Last edited:

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm waiting for the inevitable comment on this thread of "Your Land Rover experience won't be as good once you have the truck because it'll break down and leave you stranded" 😂.
At least you know what you are likely in for (a luxury experience but notoriously unreliable vehicle

Congrats on the Land Rover. (No snark). I like them too.

I hope you still get your Bronco

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How can a move like this be unpopular given the current state.

Total respect for anyone that moves on for now!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve considered one. Have you had any issues? How bad are the maintenance costs?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saw a post like this yesterday get deleted by the mods. OP was saying he was tired of waiting for Bronco and bought a 4Runner instead, few folks chimed in with support and boom..gone.
Hope yours stay, but is seems the mods don't like anything other than pro Bronco input.
I mean, it is a Bronco forum. 🤷‍♂️

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

I don’t get the need to make those kinds of posts…I guess looking for sympathy and affirmation. Ok. The Defender is an awful looking vehicle, poor service outlook, the top doesn’t come off (no fun), and is bad off road with basically unusable tires and wheels. Other than that, it’s great. Good interior, high status symbol marks amongst some crowds. Good luck.
Sponsored