BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the looks of the D-90 but really don't know much about them. If I had the $$$ I would do one while Ford figures out the Bronco then decide. Really hard to say which one is the best long term or even short term. Reliability??? Who knows. I think the Bronco will do more off road, if that is needed. I have a really nice JKUR now that I finally got the suspension dialed in. Sometimes change is what makes life real.
Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

I donā€™t get the need to make those kinds of postsā€¦I guess looking for sympathy and affirmation. Ok. The Defender is an awful looking vehicle, poor service outlook, the top doesnā€™t come off (no fun), and is bad off road with basically unusable tires and wheels. Other than that, itā€™s great. Good interior, high status symbol marks amongst some crowds. Good luck.
Maybe Iā€™m in the minority, but I like reading these kinds of posts because itā€™s interesting to me to see what other people are doing with their decision to wait or notā€¦ also kinda interesting to me to see what people say about how they like their choice after they buy it, because Iā€™m sure as hell never going to a Land Rover forum, so I like reading how everyone here compares them to other vehicles used for off-reading.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reserved my Bronco over a year ago within about a week of the reservation banks opening. I'm still in the camp of no build date with no information from Ford or my dealer besides "get pumped" and "delayed till at least 2022" emails from Ford.

So in June 2021, while keeping my Bronco order, I decided to order a base model 2022 Land Rover Defender, but with the offroading package. MSRP is just a hair higher than my ordered Bronco. I was communicated to by the dealer routinely and Land Rover's Slovakian plant is ahead of schedule and built my Defender beginning of August.

Now I'm not trying to sell Land Rovers (nor do I work for them lol) and I understand that the demand is MUCH higher for Broncos, but damn the experience with Land Rover has been so refreshing with constant updates and relatively no delays (that I know of) so far. I'm waiting for the inevitable comment on this thread of "Your Land Rover experience won't be as good once you have the truck because it'll break down and leave you stranded" šŸ˜‚.
Wish you nothing but the best with your Defender, I expected such service from Ford and am extremely disappointed that I have no VIN for my 7/13/20 Res.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In before the cancelled order

OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve considered one. Have you had any issues? How bad are the maintenance costs?
A family member of mine got a 2020 first edition Defender 110 and was a big influence on me ordering. Build quality is fantastic and so far they have had 0 issues, but only has about 25k miles. So Iā€™m not really sure on the maintenance costs but Iā€™m going to max out the extended (limited) warranty, so hopefully that mostly has me covered.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was actually considering the same route as OP. I am currently without a car, and originally had a MIC top bronco, so i wasn't going to last much longer. There are a few defenders in transit that i was going to seriously consider if i wasn't going to be able to get a bronco in the next 6 months.

The towing capacity alone is super attractive, as my wife is keen to get a teardrop to do some boon docking.

But, I switched to the soft top temporarily in June to see if my day 1 res would get picked up, and luckily it did! So crisis averted for now.... hopefully.

Best of luck with your Defender! They are going for premiums just like Broncos, so I am sure you will be able to get most / all of you money back if you decide to sell it once your Bronco arrives.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A man gotta do what a man gotta do. Enjoy that LR.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the main point of this thread is that OP is just amazed at how well another auto manufacturer communicates to their customer during the order/build/delivery process. It is definitely relevant to this forum because Ford is botching this badly and a lot of people seem to be thinking a lot of manufacturers have the same terrible problems Ford is having. If Slovakia can pump out cars ahead of schedule, then there is absolutely a problem with Ford beyond hard tops. Ford has been working on Bronco for YEARS, and it is taking them until after rollout to realize their own design and product is shit(hardtop). Did they ever test that their top could be mass produced on specific tooling? Not to mention bolstering initial manufacturer orders of the deadly sin parts. They released a vehicle that you can spec with 35s, how stupid could they be to not expect a huge influx of customers wanting to order that from the factory? And if they were in the game of ā€œwait and seeā€, cutting off the reservations at a certain point would have created more realistic expectations for month 2,3,4 reservations. Instead, they continued to accept reservations until recently.
Rant over.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your vehicle. Anyone who criticizes you or is offended by your personal choice is just a grumpy old curmudgeon.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not overly surprised by this postā€¦ Other than I was expecting you to say you cancelled your Bronco order.

Iā€™ve purchased many domestic ā€averageā€ vehiclesā€¦ GM, Jeep, etc. And the experience has been fine. Nothing spectacular. But when I bought my Audi, I found the level of service was much higher. I suppose thatā€™s part of the premium you pay, but I felt more important vs. just another customer.

Enjoy the Defender!

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

I donā€™t get the need to make those kinds of postsā€¦I guess looking for sympathy and affirmation. Ok. The Defender is an awful looking vehicle, poor service outlook, the top doesnā€™t come off (no fun), and is bad off road with basically unusable tires and wheels. Other than that, itā€™s great. Good interior, high status symbol marks amongst some crowds. Good luck.
And I donā€™t get posts like your response. Just let it go. Donā€™t respond.

Iā€™d argue the Defender is a super capable off roader that happens to be a slightly different approach/market it plays to. I think itā€™s pretty awesome. I think the Bronco is too. And the Wrangler and the 4Runner for that matter. I also think the Defender looks great, especially the 90. Doesnā€™t mean I think the Bronco looks terribleā€¦
Sponsored