First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the op was ranting like crazy last night calling every forum member morons and i responded accordingly. Our post was removed by the admin.

but yes it is true, he pointed out a possible error that benefits us.

everyone .... please stop responding to this thread so it gets buried.

Let me get this straight. You asked the CEO of a major automobile corporation why we are paying less for an automatic transmission than we originally thought we would based on initial survey estimates?

Is there somebody higher up we could have gone to for this critical confirmation?

I’m not sure which day this week he is planning to sit down and really dig in to this but please let me know what his response is. I hope you mentioned to him that other than this major problem of the Bronco being slightly more affordable than we thought it would be, the whole process has gone really smooth and pleasant.

Administrator. Can this be added to the HYSTERICAL timeline?
Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I was saying before! If it’s wrong hurry and fix it because you’ll have people pissed off who don’t follow the internet thinking their vehicle price is set in stone come December.
Yeah I’ll be honest, I’ve haven’t been on B6G as much since B&P came out. Thought I made my ideal build and that was it. We’re going to have people who think the same way, disappear, and miss some important information.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the op was ranting like crazy last night calling every forum member morons and i responded accordingly. Our post was removed by the admin.

So mid package is 1500.. you think ford intends to include an automatic transmission with mid package purchase?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where did it ever say "it should be more" Don't put words in people's mouth.
I took poetic license with my post, it was already too long and effectively took the viewpoint that some have accused you of. Explaining that in the post takes some of the punch away. However, you do realize the post supports your asking the question?

At any rate I realize you don’t want to pay more and apologize for offending you in my post.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So mid package is 1500.. you think ford intends to include an automatic transmission with mid package purchase?
25% think it’s intentional

25% think it’s a mistake and if we would all just shut up, Ford will never be able to figure it out

25% thinks it’s a B&P pricing error

25% can’t believe we spend our time arguing with one another instead of promoting world peace

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chrism81

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took poetic license with my post, it was already too long and effectively took the viewpoint that some have accused you of. Explaining that in the post takes some of the punch away. However, you do realize the post supports your asking the question?

At any rate I realize you don’t want to pay more and apologize for offending you in my post.
Not a problem. Just trying to get an idea of exactly what we are paying now. Ford has screwed up this release so bad that I really don't feel like being surprised with a price increase right before I order.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

25% think it’s intentional

25% think it’s a mistake and if we would all just shut up, Ford will never be able to figure it out

25% thinks it’s a B&P pricing error

25% can’t believe we spend our time arguing with one another instead of promoting world peace
I hadn’t really been on the forum in weeks leading up to the b&p launch... enjoying the new excitement and enjoy the contentiousness

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hadn’t really been on the forum in weeks leading up to the b&p launch... enjoying the new excitement and enjoy the contentiousness
I’m now certain you don‘t fall into the 25% world peace bucket.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Uh, yeah nah. He was getting scrutinized by posters for calling out something that appears to be an obvious error and asking for clarification. The reaction to him was unwarranted and childish. If you actually believe Ford won’t catch pricing errors I feel sorry for you. They aren’t just going to hand you a free transmission and be like, “oops don’t worry it’s on the house!”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How about the relative costs? It's a 995 option on f150 for the 2.7 right? 10 speed is already included. From 2.3 manual to 2.7 auto at 1895 is still charging you 900 for the auto plus whatever credit cost of the manual. The manual is brand new right? Maybe it's cost is actually extremely high, more or at least equivalent to the 10 speed auto. Maybe factor that in with possible shortages of the manual since it's Chinese made and the fact that there will be a low take rate anyway that it's is cheaper to sell you the auto vice manual so you're really only paying for the engine upgrade.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're one of those people that reminded the teacher there was a test huh? Lol
Well reminding her there was a test is better than her surprising you on the last day of school when you least expect it.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if we took a poll ;) it would skew toward not volunteering to the man responsible for driving profit and shareholder value that something should cost more or seems underpriced

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about the relative costs? It's a 995 option on f150 for the 2.7 right? 10 speed is already included. From 2.3 manual to 2.7 auto at 1895 is still charging you 900 for the auto plus whatever credit cost of the manual. The manual is brand new right? Maybe it's cost is actually extremely high, more or at least equivalent to the 10 speed auto. Maybe factor that in with possible shortages of the manual since it's Chinese made and the fact that there will be a low take rate anyway that it's is cheaper to sell you the auto vice manual so you're really only paying for the engine upgrade.
Well they show it as a $1,500 option and the 2.7 as a 1,895 option. So I get what you’re saying but the pricing makes no sense. I hope you’re right but it’s still confusing, seems too good to be true.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to offer some constructive advice to you. Please refrain from calling people who disagree with your post idiots, and morons. It is a forum with a very diverse group of people, with their own ideas, and thoughts. Chances are that some people will disagree with you, regardless of your own belief about the logicality of your post.

Not a problem. Just trying to get an idea of exactly what we are paying now. Ford has screwed up this release so bad that I really don't feel like being surprised with a price increase right before I order.
Sponsored