Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A guy on FB selling his black diamond seems to have done the conversion
FC4D764F-8E2D-4A64-8FB5-59E55D3725BD.jpeg
Gives me hope that it isn't impossible. Of course, we know that it shouldn't be impossible as Ford offers the "MID+ " package on the Everglades. If Ford offered the Everglades in a 2-dr, it would be perfect for my wants/needs.

I have my Black Diamond in the garage and will be taking delivery of an OBX High in the spring. My intent was to create a Franken-Bronco keeping the BD engineering and swapping the 12" screen from the OBX. But without a playbook, I'm afraid any endeavor is beyond my understanding.
Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
A guy on FB selling his black diamond seems to have done the conversion
FC4D764F-8E2D-4A64-8FB5-59E55D3725BD.jpeg
BFE092CD-4D96-471D-AD7B-F0DD09F003A1.jpeg
8F04E919-3B51-4E4E-B56A-2269A9AAD367.jpeg
Hah, no kidding, I saw this same listing and reached out to the seller to try and get an answer to this as well, didn't get a response though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hah, no kidding, I saw this same listing and reached out to the seller to try and get an answer to this as well, didn't get a response though.
If Daniel Mazur does respond, encourage him to join B6G and share the playbook.

There are many of us that only want the larger screen. We don't care about cameras and puddle lights. Sure the 8" screen is fine, but the Everglades proves that the 12" screen doesn't require the cameras.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd buy this shit if it guarantees to get rid of the super dumb split screen....any way to get rid of the factory navigation and replace it with a different feed?
Ford NAV, Android, and apple all have full screen NAV capability for some time now on the 12".

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford NAV, Android, and apple all have full screen NAV capability for some time now on the 12".
Yep I got the OTA update like others....but I still want to ommit factory NAV....its useless for me and instead have a video feed where it exists now.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm like 99% sure of the process, but I don't want to put it out there as gospel and be wrong; the pariah of 6G lol. If that dude does what he says in the FB message, it's extremely likely that yes, the VIN has to be changed via Forscan, then hook up to FDRS and download the radio programming, then change the VIN back. Something if you do it on a regular basis, would be nothing for these guys... Maybe I should get in on that? Lol

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm like 99% sure of the process, but I don't want to put it out there as gospel and be wrong; the pariah of 6G lol. If that dude does what he says in the FB message, it's extremely likely that yes, the VIN has to be changed via Forscan, then hook up to FDRS and download the radio programming, then change the VIN back. Something if you do it on a regular basis, would be nothing for these guys... Maybe I should get in on that? Lol

Mate, you got the tools, and once you run an install you'll have the experience. And I'd be totes willing to pay your time to do the install on mine.

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same no response, I did zoom in and it looks like to me, he dremel the 8inch dash to fit the 12 inch instead of getting the whole new dashboard. Hoping he gets back to us with how he did it.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same no response, I did zoom in and it looks like to me, he dremel the 8inch dash to fit the 12 inch instead of getting the whole new dashboard. Hoping he gets back to us with how he did it.
If you're referring to center screen above being dremeled, that is there for a retainer screw, 7mm head... Trust me, had those dashes in and out so much, it's less than a year old and shows the 8" has been off a lot lol

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that he referred to having to upgrade the sync 3 system makes it really doubtful.

I think that the key to this is being able to program the APIM with the right software (sync 4 with the enhanced voice capabilities), and comparison of the Everglades, OBX, and Heritage suggests that 8" or 12" they all use the same Sync 4 with enhanced voice recognition.

If I was going to try to upgrade an 8" screen, I would want to know what hardware and software was used in the Everglades Edition

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I was going to try to upgrade an 8" screen, I would want to know what hardware and software was used in the Everglades Edition
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" 1678912852899

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still no lead time from Ford on my screen... Sadness.

Also, jealous you got a 7-spd @Toccoa

1BraveSoul92

Outer Banks
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing that picture of the 12in radio on a MID package. It gives me hope I could swap mines in the future. I have an OBX and failed to add the High package. Ordering a new Bronco is out of the question as I have a 2.5% interest rate for 6 years, no way I'm going to get a rate like that during these hard times. Only thing I need in my Bronco is that nice 12in Display.
Please keep us updated.

Also the 2024 Jeep Wrangler now comes standard with a 12.3" Infotainment system in any of the trims. Lets see how Ford reacts to that.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing that picture of the 12in radio on a MID package. It gives me hope I could swap mines in the future. I have an OBX and failed to add the High package. Ordering a new Bronco is out of the question as I have a 2.5% interest rate for 6 years, no way I'm going to get a rate like that during these hard times. Only thing I need in my Bronco is that nice 12in Display.
Please keep us updated.

Also the 2024 Jeep Wrangler now comes standard with a 12.3" Infotainment system in any of the trims. Lets see how Ford reacts to that.
With a 12.375" screen, of course!

I think here in the next couple weekends I will have the need for FDRS to reprogram one of the boss's sons personal trucks, which of course will mean pull the Bronco dash again, and try reprogramming the Bronco VIN to something with a 12" screen and module and see if the module I got was or wasn't blank, which would be another possibility my screen doesn't work. Maybe I'll have an answer a year after I got mine?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would doing the screen upgrade by any chance make it possible to get HD radio?
Sponsored