Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I already ordered it under some other Bronco's VIN for sale in Florida or something, I didn't care... And you should never post your VIN in an open forum. I personally don't care, cause I'll just shoot the bastard who says it's somehow theirs and their DMV friend. Maybe a few other radom guilty by association bastards, but I don't reload til the mag's empty...
Still no update, as I am still awaiting the new module. Last weekend: busy with other people's crap. This weekend: working on boss's truck, so at least Holy overtime this week. Tomorrow: go to friend's house, pull Quadrajet off a camper, bring home, rebuild, bring back, and hopefully drive my "new" camper home lol. Next weekend: family annual oil and fuel filter changes No real free time during the warm months. However: we shut down at or right after Thanksgiving, then all the time in the world over the winter... But parts. Anyone wrenching with me understands the parts shortage...
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already ordered it under some other Bronco's VIN for sale in Florida or something, I didn't care... And you should never post your VIN in an open forum. I personally don't care, cause I'll just shoot the bastard who says it's somehow theirs and their DMV friend. Maybe a few other radom guilty by association bastards, but I don't reload til the mag's empty...
Still no update, as I am still awaiting the new module. Last weekend: busy with other people's crap. This weekend: working on boss's truck, so at least Holy overtime this week. Tomorrow: go to friend's house, pull Quadrajet off a camper, bring home, rebuild, bring back, and hopefully drive my "new" camper home lol. Next weekend: family annual oil and fuel filter changes No real free time during the warm months. However: we shut down at or right after Thanksgiving, then all the time in the world over the winter... But parts. Anyone wrenching with me understands the parts shortage...
My VIN is well known already... So, it is not worth trying to hide to be honest.

What is interesting, is how Ferrari owners are completely not worried about the VIN being public, but Ford owners are. I realize that you shouldn't be spewing personal data everywhere due to the risk that the data may be exploited, but the VIN number is not necessarily the hill that I am rushing to defend (unless I am of interest to a number of foreign intelligence agencies).

Last edited:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have had our Bronco going on 4 months now and we have not had a single problem with the 12" screen.
Had my bronco for 8 months when the 12” screen APIM died. Now waiting 6 weeks for a part.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had my bronco for 8 months when the 12” screen APIM died. Now waiting 6 weeks for a part.
Hey Karen, good morning. That sucks. Still no problems here. I do understand the waiting though. We were rear ended back in February, it took two months to get a bumper bracket. How did you come out with Ian?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Karen, good morning. That sucks. Still no problems here. I do understand the waiting though. We were rear ended back in February, it took two months to get a bumper bracket. How did you come out with Ian?
No issues here with the hurricane. We’re in south east Florida. Lots of tornadoes did some damage locally though.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I think that this is part of the teething problems for any first year vehicle. You can't tell what is likely to fail, until things start to fail en masse.

I do believe that there are notable issues with the displays - but they are less likely to fail than fuel pumps (currently), but possibly more likely to fail than 2.7 motors to date based on anecdotal evidence.

I am currently at 10 months and 39k miles. I have not had any major failures yet (save a hardtop issue that needs to be addressed, cracked under normal use).

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I think that this is part of the teething problems for any first year vehicle. You can't tell what is likely to fail, until things start to fail en masse.

I do believe that there are notable issues with the displays - but they are less likely to fail than fuel pumps (currently), but possibly more likely to fail than 2.7 motors to date based on anecdotal evidence.

I am currently at 10 months and 39k miles. I have not had any major failures yet (save a hardtop issue that needs to be addressed, cracked under normal use).
39k miles in 10 months??!!😳

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadness!!! I'd say I feel your pain, but my 8" works; I'm just waiting on parts I DON'T need. Then again, I can't get parts for my fleet at work either in a timely fashion. All I want for Christmas is an upper and lower radiator hose for a truck at work!

Circling back, I know Ford doesn't have lead times on those modules, so I'm sure there's no communication to you when you might see it?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
39k miles in 10 months??!!😳
yep, I commute roughly 750 miles per weekend - then the girlfriend wants to go adventure when I get back.

So last weekend was Hidden Falls Adventure Park, this weekend was Big Bend.

IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V.jpg

IMG-21db12fd2c2c85870ef7612cd382702a-V.jpg

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

N
Sadness!!! I'd say I feel your pain, but my 8" works; I'm just waiting on parts I DON'T need. Then again, I can't get parts for my fleet at work either in a timely fashion. All I want for Christmas is an upper and lower radiator hose for a truck at work!
Circling back, I know Ford doesn't have lead times on those modules, so I'm sure there's no communication to you when you might see it?
No ETA. NONE. Had the bronco sitting at dealership for a month while I drove a very boring ‘22 Explorer loaner. Then decided to get the Bronco back. Finally getting cooler in Florida and don’t want to miss that

Last edited:

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your Bronco is a real beauty!!! Mine's a base, yet I still got the free "come play with your Bronco" pack, which I'll probably take down in TX or NM since my brother lives down yonder. I forgot which state it says; I put it back in the cardboard tube since I live way up in MN lol.
Still sucks you also have no idea when you get yours, which makes me feel bad that my chips are taking away from anyone else who wants a completion to this thread, on cost, time and how bad is it to do. I know and feel that so many people are awaiting their modules to complete their Bronco, but seriously Ford; if it's waiting on a radio module, just ship it man. I just hope mine keeps in que with others who are waiting on chips so I'm not stopping theirs from making it to other customers. A radio is a sad, but certainly can be a debatable reason not to sell to paying customers.
When did your claim start? I hope before my reorder...

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your Bronco is a real beauty!!! Mine's a base, yet I still got the free "come play with your Bronco" pack, which I'll probably take down in TX or NM since my brother lives down yonder. I forgot which state it says; I put it back in the cardboard tube since I live way up in MN lol.
Still sucks you also have no idea when you get yours, which makes me feel bad that my chips are taking away from anyone else who wants a completion to this thread, on cost, time and how bad is it to do. I know and feel that so many people are awaiting their modules to complete their Bronco, but seriously Ford; if it's waiting on a radio module, just ship it man. I just hope mine keeps in que with others who are waiting on chips so I'm not stopping theirs from making it to other customers. A radio is a sad, but certainly can be a debatable reason not to sell to paying customers.
When did your claim start? I hope before my reorder...
It’s been 6 weeks. It’s not just the radio - it’s the navigation, cameras, car manual, phone charger, ac settings, etc. “My dealer said” - it’s not the part. They have parts. It’s that ford is not providing the software for the part. It’ll come soon. I’m just glad to have the bronco back home.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s been 6 weeks. It’s not just the radio - it’s the navigation, cameras, car manual, phone charger, ac settings, etc. “My dealer said” - it’s not the part. They have parts. It’s that ford is not providing the software for the part. It’ll come soon. I’m just glad to have the bronco back home.
WOW that is weird! Software? So not even resetting the SYNC can solve it...? Do you have access to the actual display at all? I need to look this one up in the TSBs... See what can be done via maybe Forscan to get you back up. Software can be rewritten...hardware needs to be replaced, so give me a couple days there; or post that problem in a new thread, but let me know it and see what my Ford access says...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak dash: M2DZ7804338BY $573.62
Outerbanks dash: M2DZ7804338BZ $573.62
12" screen: M2DZ10D885A $913.62

Highly recommend creating an account with Repairlinkshop.com if you can; there may be more small parts needed for conversion; see attached. If anyone needs P/Ns for anything, feel free to PM me, and I'll try to get you these P/Ns, but someone with dealership parts access might have better info than mine. When calling the dealer, the "callout" number is what is seen on the attachment, specifying a main component,; whereas the 4-digit prefix is the vehicle, and last letters the specific model or TSB upgrade.

Also noteworthy, I am running as a 2022 since there are more options available, so more parts for what it seems like people are looking for.
Or use this site to get a more competitive price:

https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-display-unit-m2dz10d885a

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW that is weird! Software? So not even resetting the SYNC can solve it...? Do you have access to the actual display at all? I need to look this one up in the TSBs... See what can be done via maybe Forscan to get you back up. Software can be rewritten...hardware needs to be replaced, so give me a couple days there; or post that problem in a new thread, but let me know it and see what my Ford access says...
No, no don't waste your time. yes the screen is completely black. Spoke with Flip who researched and said looks like API. Dealer confirmed. If you just have personal interest in researching check this out: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...blacked-out-bricked-by-software-update.46901/
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" 1664762848370
Sponsored