First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok repairlink is awesome….I think I have all the numbers (used a badlands high vin):

M2DZ10D885A - 12” display
MU5Z14G371AS - Module
M2DZ14D202BA - Cable Assembly (this is the one that I think I need)
M2DZ7804338BY - Dash (it confirms that it is for the badlands)

My only other question is: Does the module need to be programmed to my vehicle?
Sponsored

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I did some more digging, the Module (MU5Z14G371AS does not seem to come up as a part number on other sites)….I did find one MU5Z-14G371-AG (12” with navigation for bronco)….what happens if I add one that has navigation…..will it not work given I don’t have nav or is it the only option (do bronco’s with 12” always have nav)?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, I did some more digging, the Module (MU5Z14G371AS does not seem to come up as a part number on other sites)….I did find one MU5Z-14G371-AG (12” with navigation for bronco)….what happens if I add one that has navigation…..will it not work given I don’t have nav or is it the only option (do bronco’s with 12” always have nav)?
Don't worry about part numbers not coming up anywhere else, and yes it will come pre-programmed... but you will most likely need to use IDS or Forscan to program values to add/remove options and parameters. It's super easy on Forscan, and best part is if you really screw the pooch, you can re-program using what's called, "as-built" in Forscan and bring it back to OEM, bone stock programming (per module/computer). PM me if you have any further questions regarding Forscan and how to use it. I don't feel comfortable getting into it until I receive my module as I want to keep as straight to what the thread is for.
Just got done with a different dealership to pick up the wife's Tremor, so I should be able to verify 3 of the 4 part numbers soon. Keep in mind though, the purple wire had a different part number on the baggie, but is still a valid P/N

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about adding a second screen somewhere

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about adding a second screen somewhere
Whoa dude! Let me get one done first!!!
Throretically, if you could fit another 12" screen, you could probably splice the 6 wires...

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20221026_223022663
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20221026_223154529

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interested, as now the 12“ gets full screen carplay

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks,
so is that the part number for the wire with pink plug or is that a different wire?....seems like an odd part number compared to repair link numbers I found, also what is the bracket in the second picture? Is that the dash or something else?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks,
so is that the part number for the wire with pink plug or is that a different wire?....seems like an odd part number compared to repair link numbers I found, also what is the bracket in the second picture? Is that the dash or something else?
First pic shows obviously legit part numbers, BUT the second pic is the 12" dash... as mentioned above, the part number on the physical cable, differs from the packaging. If you order that P/N, that's what you'll get. I'm going to add my order right now, below

Last edited:

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's what I bought from Ford when I ordered "Shadowmere;" but the tube door order got cancelled, cause yeah... The "Panel - Instrument is the black 12" dash. BTW- BUY THE SPEAKER!!! If you are thinking about the pet barrier, don't if you drive with the hard top off or soft top open- the straps are just gonna piss you off lol

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" Screenshot_20221026-183047
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" Screenshot_20221026-183059

Sponsored

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I bought from Ford when I ordered "Shadowmere;" but the tube door order got cancelled, cause yeah... The "Panel - Instrument is the black 12" dash. BTW- BUY THE SPEAKER!!! If you are thinking about the pet barrier, don't if you drive with the hard top off or soft top open- the straps are just gonna piss you off lol

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" Screenshot_20221026-183059
Thanks,
I see the part number for the display and dash but not the cable or module
it is weird that the part numbers ordered don't match the numbers on the parts.

do you have the ordered part number for the cable?

thanks
Mike

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks,
I see the part number for the display and dash but not the cable or module
it is weird that the part numbers ordered don't match the numbers on the parts.

do you have the ordered part number for the cable?

thanks
Mike
The cable I ordered on those sheets, is WRONG. The part number in the picture on the cable, I believe was bagged as M2DZ-14D202-BA; can't find the pic in e-mail or on phone to dis/prove that's correct. However, the actual radio module I'm still waiting on wasn't ordered until I ripped my dash apart and found the cable was wrong. I got the right cable, just to find the radio module was also a different part number, which was ordered face to face with Anna at Boyer (if anyone around here knows her).

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok great, so the only one that I'm not sure about is the radio module but I think it is one of the two:

MU5Z-14G371-AS (repair link and the one I think you referenced) or MU5Z-14G371-AG (listed on parts sites as the 12" with nav)

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anna just got back to me, and the P/N MU5Z14G371AS "is correct for the VIN we used, and the order can not be cancelled." Remember that there are going to be variations in P/Ns depending on versions, and I think it comes down to:
A) Physical module with 4 or 6 pin for the screen it's designed for soldered in
B) What programming it will be loaded with... that will be edited in Forscan to choose what options you have. Example: VIN I used had cameras, and as a base I certainly don't have them so I will nix that in Forscan[/QUOTE]

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anna just got back to me, and the P/N MU5Z14G371AS "is correct for the VIN we used, and the order can not be cancelled." Remember that there are going to be variations in P/Ns depending on versions, and I think it comes down to:
A) Physical module with 4 or 6 pin for the screen it's designed for soldered in
B) What programming it will be loaded with... that will be edited in Forscan to choose what options you have. Example: VIN I used had cameras, and as a base I certainly don't have them so I will nix that in Forscan
[/QUOTE]

ok, if we only have to program in forscan than that should be easy however my concern is that the apim might be locked to the specific VIN that we give them, I know infotainment sells a kit for F150 and preprograms the module but if it is just for the features that your vehicle has then maybe it can be done with forscan

infotainment also includes a plug and play harness but I wonder if that is just specific to the f150 which requires more to change over (Hvac controls)
Sponsored