Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok, if we only have to program in forscan than that should be easy however my concern is that the apim might be locked to the specific VIN that we give them, I know infotainment sells a kit for F150 and preprograms the module but if it is just for the features that your vehicle has then maybe it can be done with forscan

infotainment also includes a plug and play harness but I wonder if that is just specific to the f150 which requires more to change over (Hvac controls)
[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, those (climate) are able to be changed, in at least the 8" Bronco Sync 4, and a 2017 and 2019 F350 with Sync 3. I added the heated and cooled seats to the main screens (and removed on my Bronco, just proof of concept) because we drive with the dash lights all the way dimmed, so easier to tap the screen than look for seconds to find the buttons.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ok, if we only have to program in forscan than that should be easy however my concern is that the apim might be locked to the specific VIN that we give them, I know infotainment sells a kit for F150 and preprograms the module but if it is just for the features that your vehicle has then maybe it can be done with forscan

infotainment also includes a plug and play harness but I wonder if that is just specific to the f150 which requires more to change over (Hvac controls)
You can get around that issue, but it is a pain in the ass. It involves tricking FDRS, and I personally have not tried it yet (tricking FDRS into programming the module and then changing the VIN). There are videos on YouTube demonstrating it.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I'm not mistaken, you can reprogram the VIN in 3 separate, sequential blocks in Forscan. Whether or not the module accepts it is another story. I have never done it, but have seen it.

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool, yeah I wonder about that, someone on f150 forum had done it and I think only used forscan but not 100% sure

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only use Forscan... unless I feel the need to flash using IDS. Matter of fact, I don't know if my previous employer has IDS anymore. Haven't used in in maybe 3 years. (Just borrowed the previous employer's laptop and dongle; left on good enough terms and made plenty of friends)

Sponsored
OP
OP
doyouglas

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never thought swapping 8inch to 12inch can be this complicated :rolleyes:

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never thought swapping 8inch to 12inch can be this complicated :rolleyes:
Umm... yeah. That's the reason I didn't initially order the radio module. I figured no big difference like this. Hell... Maybe it won't even work without the 360 camera cable for crying out loud

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Umm... yeah. That's the reason I didn't initially order the radio module. I figured no big difference like this. Hell... Maybe it won't even work without the 360 camera cable for crying out loud
It works without the 360 camera (Everglades).

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling this will work but I’m waiting to find out more, I did reach out to 4dtech and looks like they program them if it is needed (could always send out to them and then install if first trial doesn’t work)

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a feeling this will work but I’m waiting to find out more, I did reach out to 4dtech and looks like they program them if it is needed (could always send out to them and then install if first trial doesn’t work)
I'm trying to help solve this! Like I have to say every day at work now; "waitin' on parts!"

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It works without the 360 camera (Everglades).
Thank you for the additional input! This is why I love the forums: I certainly don't and will never know everything, but the hive mind of a forum shows if we all pitch in, we may have the answers to nearly every question. I have no interest in the cameras since I have a super short 2dr lol

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't know when I'll get to it, but...

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20221103_213736169
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20221103_213801186

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, keep us posted

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, no major update here, but- I installed the 12" module and screen, and screen did not power up. I reprogrammed, line for line the VIN I used to buy the module, but no power. I performed the pinpoint tests which indicated the screen itself was at fault, so I'm waiting on a warranty screen to come in.
Again, not a major update, but that's as far as I've made it. However: I have the alternate 8" module that was ordered against MY VIN that is somehow updated, and I'm hoping I can get to that swap by this coming weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm also going to have to order some dash parts that have broken after being pulled apart 20 times since this April lol.
If you celebrate it, everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, and try to see the positivity in your lives!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, no major update here, but- I installed the 12" module and screen, and screen did not power up. I reprogrammed, line for line the VIN I used to buy the module, but no power. I performed the pinpoint tests which indicated the screen itself was at fault, so I'm waiting on a warranty screen to come in.
Again, not a major update, but that's as far as I've made it. However: I have the alternate 8" module that was ordered against MY VIN that is somehow updated, and I'm hoping I can get to that swap by this coming weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm also going to have to order some dash parts that have broken after being pulled apart 20 times since this April lol.
If you celebrate it, everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, and try to see the positivity in your lives!
Thanks man, you have a lot of owners rooting for your success!
Sponsored