Sponsored

Mike Levine and Ford have a solution if you are an early reservation holder still waiting... 🙄

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are different vehicles in appearance. If I love red wine I think it's okay to say I hate white wine without wine fans getting their panties in a bunch. It's an opinion on the design of the car, not an opinion of the people who own one, or prefer them.

Plus, you can tell the design started as a 2-door (obviously) and the designers were, like, "now what do we do?" when it came to the 4-door.
I could say the same thing about the 2 door but I don’t because I respect your opinion. Every time I bring up the bronco around my step mother she feels compelled to tell me how ugly it is. And I feel compelled to drop her off a two story building, but I don’t. I also don’t tell her her edge looks like a mini van. If you don’t have anything nice to say keep your opinion to yourself. It’s that easy.
Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

shhhhhhhhhh . . . . don't tell anyone, but from a pure design aesthetic, the Flex profile is better than the Bronco.

Don't get me started, but for one, what's that janky plastic triangle on the rear door windows?
I’m not going to dump on the flex because like I said, if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. We choose the bronco because the roof and doors come off.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont need a new vehicle but if I did get one it most likely be a Wrangle but it it sure won't be a F150

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I have zero issues with Mike Levine. He doesn't bother me at all, and I don't know why so many people on this forum seem to have a have beef with him.
He is the voice, not the decision-maker....but it was his voice that clearly insisted that orders would be built in timestamp order as commodities allowed, and that reservation orders would all be built before stock orders. He said both of those things...again and again, vehemently and passionately. Now...as we all know, neither will be close to being true. I get that he was communicating Ford's policy at the time, but he was made out to be a liar himself...thus the beef. He had a duty to go to the decison-maker and tell them that we can't do this, we have an obligation to abide by the rules we set up when they reserved, and which I have been communicating for the last year. If they didn't, then he should resign.

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not going to dump on the flex because like I said, if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. We choose the bronco because the roof and doors come off.
Flex doors come off too . . . just not as easy. :)

My wife has a smart fortwo, I have a thick skin when it comes to people being critical of cars on internet forums. You get used to it.

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A lot of Job Security at Ford , 1/22/21 order 4D-sas ,bad ,MIC,lux.2.7

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Flex doors come off too . . . just not as easy. :)

My wife has a smart fortwo, I have a thick skin when it comes to people being critical of cars on internet forums. You get used to it.
I get it but why does it have to be that way? Why can’t we all just get along and respect each other’s opinion?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

He is the voice, not the decision-maker....but it was his voice that clearly insisted that orders would be built in timestamp order as commodities allowed, and that reservation orders would all be built before stock orders. He said both of those things...again and again, vehemently and passionately. Now...as we all know, neither will be close to being true. I get that he was communicating Ford's policy at the time, but he was made out to be a liar himself...thus the beef. He had a duty to go to the decison-maker and tell them that we can't do this, we have an obligation to abide by the rules we set up when they reserved, and which I have been communicating for the last year. If they didn't, then he should resign.
Communications manager for Ford North America, responsible for all car, truck, SUV and electrified vehicle public relations and earned media storytelling.

He's doing a stand up job specially on the storytelling side, might be lacking on the public relations though. I also agree not sure what the Ford employee feedback loop looks like, but its definitely not being communicated effectively.

Sponsored

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow, I mean really.......this is his solution. I'm thinking if you look up the word "clueless" in the dictionary his picture would be right beside it...........
As a director of communications I’m surprised he has such a hard time speaking without putting his foot in his mouth

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow. If I switch to something else, it won't be a Ford...drove a new Wrangler for a rental last week. Liked it a lot.
We also rented a 4 cyl Wrangler and drove to and from Moab, Ut from SLC participating in the Bronco Off-Rodeo, a total of 600 mi plus a full day in the saddle of a Bronco Wildtrack hardtop. Both are loud at freeway speeds, but the Bronco was slightly quieter. The Bronco is much more comfortable and is more stable on the freeway. The Jeep’s 4cyl has lots of power (had no issues w/80mph limit on I-70 and got us about 23mpg on our trip. My wife and I both agreed the Bronco is a better on road vehicle than the Jeep on an overall basis. I now have my 2.7 OBX and get about 21mpg at 70 mph…..not as good as the Jeep’s 4 cyl……but the 6 cyl has more power. I also have the factory roof rack which adds some additional road/wind noise due to its mounting configuration. I’ll take the Bronco over the Jeep any day!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, Mike. I'm already ahead of you. Moved on to a truck from a different brand that was able to get me my truck faster than Ford could get me a Bronco. I wasn't even in a real rush. The whole situation just turned me off the Bronco and Ford.

Sometimes I think everyone here is too hard on the guy but sometimes he says dumb stuff like this. He was better off saying nothing, or dare I say, keep with tradition and just tell someone to "stay pumped."

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mike Levine could have definitely done a better job with how ford has treated the reservation holders.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I KNOW ITS HARD,BUT WE HAVE 2 KNOWN WHEN ITS TIME 2 MOVE ON,OR GROW OLD WAITING ON A BRONCO.MY 2022 IS IT 4 ME.IF I DONT GET MY BRONCO BUILT AND DELIVERED,I AM MOVING ON IN MY 23, 2 EITHER A JEEP/TOYOTA TRD PRO,BOTH CAPABLE OFF ROAD VEHICLES.
Sponsored