Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks! But I'm still holding out hope Ford will make this right. Mike Levine hasn't been right about most of the things he's said! Let your heart not be troubled.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the Bronco with front camera needs:
A7131118-4EF1-4998-8B95-62E6CE79EFCA.jpeg
This is basically exactly the same spot where the Bronco winch is. The difference is the Jeep’s bumper sticks out from the body on either side of it. The Bronco’s bumper is flush with the grill.

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view B55AB986-2838-44D4-AC0C-06C4BED98F26

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How hard will it be to take off and put on? Thinking if its a problem, I will keep it off until needed.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad everyone is backing out of the winch now, means I wont have an issue getting one:) I've installed/mounted 3 grill cameras (2 of those 360 degree systems that Ford and Jeep didn't offer at the time. Ive already come up with my fix for the Bronco.

Moving the solenoids will not fix the problem. clearly this was an afterthought on Ford’s part.

For those saying you dont need a front camera, Im going out on a limb that:
1. You dont off-road outside of dirt/forrest roads, if that.
2. You obviously dont have one now installed on your current vehicle.

the purpose of it is to see in front of you as you are climbing steep trails , cresting a ridge to see whats on the other side, and when driving sketchy mountain shelf roads with steep drop-offs and hairpin turns.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard will it be to take off and put on? Thinking if its a problem, I will keep it off until needed.
Take what off and put what on? The winch? If so, I'm guessing you've never installed a winch. They are heavy AF and the clearances you are working with are typically extremely tight. Couple that with the need to run heavy gauge wiring, routing through the engine compartment, and it's anything but trivial. And even if it was somehow a snap-in affair it still wouldn't address the issue - when you are out on the trails you want to have both the winch AND the camera available and the winch is going to block a large part of the camera's view.
The root cause is really the streamlined, close-in bumper. It looks great, really! But in this case it's a matter of form not following function. Compare to the stock steel Wrangler bumper or the many after-market Wrangler bumpers - they don't look nearly as "nice" (my opinion, understanding beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but the design of most of them provides for a considerably lower and more tucked in mounting solution when compared to the Bronco's.

I think the stock steel/modular Bronco bumper seems pretty good, so long as you don't intend to mount a winch (at least with the OEM solution though I can't see how anybody else could do much better). I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket offers and accept that it might not be as elegant as stock but hopefully more functional. It's still really early in the game here and they aren't even building these yet - there's still a lot that Ford and the aftermarket can come up with. I'm confident that eventually a solution that's better than what we are currently seeing will be made available, somehow, it's just unlikely to be there on Day 1.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We know on the Badlands overlander build the winch blocks the front Camera.

I have a First Edition reservation and while doing the Build and Price, noticed the front bumper brush guard looks like it will also block the front camera.

In the reservation picture from 7/13, the brush guard seems to block the whole Bronco logo where the Camera sits, the picture from the Build and Price seems to be a different design but still seems to block the camera.

What are your thoughts?

Screenshot_20201101-082356_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-231520_Chrome.jpg

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it shoots under that bar. It’s pointed down at about a 45 degree angle. Now if you have the winch, that does block it.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm worried about the other drivers. For many people in Chicago parking is done mostly by Braille and the way Ford has that whole assembly jutting out like a boxer daring an opponent to hit him in the chin it just seems inevitable it's going to take a beating.

Wolf1961

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the camera comes on anytime? My Raptor only works when in 4wd low.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Listening for feedback. Hilarious. What else would we say? ‘Oh, no worries our front trail cam is blocked.... it’s fine with us!’

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The problem is that the purpose of the front camera is supposed to be a center view of the front bumper and the ground or whatever the car is about to touch. No matter how high you stick the camera In The grill, a winch is going to block the intended view, which is down! If you just want to look forward, look through the wind shield.
Sponsored