Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not merge this thread this is important news for people ordering their vehicles next month thank you

Well im out on the winch i guess. Im not spending that kind of money to screw with one of the cooler tech features of the car. One of you guys can pull me out of a ditch

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view dths4r6hsw46
Sponsored

Last edited:

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do not merge this thread this is important news for people ordering their vehicles next month thank you

This view we're looking at here would be the 360 cam on the high package only right? Or is there some other way to have a front cam from the factory without the high package?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old news. Ford stated a few weeks back that they know about the winch issue and are working with Warn about moving the remote box to the side instead of the top. This should fix at least most of the issue.
Also Uncle Mike is using the same old line of “we’re listening”. I don’t think his word carries much weight anymore.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"We're listening for feedback"? Like, is there any expectation that they'll get feedback that says "Hey Mike, great job at blocking the camera! I don't always have a spotter but being able to see the trail directly in front of me with that camera really cut down on the fun factor, it's SO much better with the obstructed view that the factory mounted winch provides! It was worth spending all the extra money to upgrade to those packages that work at odds against each other, thanks again."?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"We're listening for feedback" yeah well how long do they have to listen before they get the hint and make a relocation kit??

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old news. Ford stated a few weeks back that they know about the winch issue and are working with Warn about moving the remote box to the side instead of the top. This should fix at least most of the issue.
Also Uncle Mike is using the same old line of “we’re listening”. I don’t think his word carries much weight anymore.
Looking at that picture I'd say about 65% of the central view is obstructed by the winch. Relocating the solenoid (which is already something one can do with most Warn, and other, winches) would appear to only reduce it to 50%. It's just a bad design. I can't see why anyone that wants to use the camera feature would opt for the factory winch solution. I'm going Badlands so I get the steel bumper but I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket offers before I mount a winch - and not just for the camera.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know what people expect. We’re listening means thanks for the feedback, he didn’t say okay we’ll re-engineer it for the limited percentage of people running the winch setup

if you order a hitch mount bike rack from ford and it blocks the rear camera, are you all gonna complain that ford needs to move the rear camera bc they offered you an accessory?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at that picture I'd say about 65% of the central view is obstructed by the winch. Relocating the solenoid (which is already something one can do with most Warn, and other, winches) would appear to only reduce it to 50%. It's just a bad design. I can't see why anyone that wants to use the camera feature would opt for the factory winch solution. I'm going Badlands so I get the steel bumper but I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket offers before I mount a winch - and not just for the camera.
I'm in the same boat. Wish the factory steel bumper had a 2" receiver for hitch mount, hoping aftermarket will provide.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We're listening???? WTF is there to listen to??? My 3rd year engineering student could tell you its a damn problem!!! What happened to the rockstars? Maybe they really don't want to sell any winch packages. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there some reason why they can have a nice one incorporated into the bumper? I am new to offroading and just assuming based on others I have seen that it can be done.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Listening ? This should have been found by engineers in R&D with there own eyes

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

? He's starting to sound like a broken record with the " we're listening " response. ?
Our feedback is most won't be purchasing the $2500 winch if it blocks the camera. ?