First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there some reason why they can have a nice one incorporated into the bumper? I am new to offroading and just assuming based on others I have seen that it can be done.
I'm actually dealing with the logistics of positioning a camera right now. At the very least, you need to be able to see the bumper itself. I've been trying to add a front camera to my Flex and the best view is mounting the camera as high as possible, aimed as far downward as you can.

Even the position I have mine right now is too low and judging distance is impossible.

After work, I'm going to finally try cutting into that $400 grille to get a higher view.

Specifically with the Bronco, they *could* aim the camera higher, at the expense of depth perception.

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like an easy fix....move the grill mounted camera to the left of the "B" BRONCO instead of in the center.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the use of this camera? Is it for off-road?

if it’s for day to day use, I’ve driven for 31 years without one and have never bumped anything with the front bumper. It’s not that difficult.
OKAY, DAD.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if it’s for day to day use, I’ve driven for 31 years without one and have never bumped anything with the front bumper. It’s not that difficult.
When you are driving up a hill you’re looking at the sky and the hood, so this would be great for helping you find the perfect line without the need of a spotter, or at least to make his (or her) job easier.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view B964F3D0-664C-47F9-8E4D-63355A6A3EFD

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do you do then about some hypothetical future accessory that goes higher on the grill?

So you're proposing a factory installed movable camera

That sounds like an engineering nightmare and I am on Mike's side
If your trying to put the camera in a place to be clear of all hypotheticals, then you would hypothetically have to have a movable camera.....

Last edited:

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that giant hole you look out of with glass in it was for forward view but maybe we're just old.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I would have consulted with warn about adding a camera point to the control box. Add a second set of leads, unplug the grill location and hook up the winch control box location. Small cameras are pretty cheap these days.

But what do I know.
Sponsored