JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$500 relocation kit option with a bracket and plug and play longer lead.
Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket to the rescue. Buy a WT with the plastic bumper and replace with a proper bumper where the winch is in the Bumper
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view E95E3714-9C65-46EA-A9C3-99B20814BC5C

Just saw this one while mall crawling.... ?. “Hey, Mike... we will wait for aftermarket... how is that for feedback.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put the camera right here

Screenshot_20201031-135325_Chrome.jpg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at that picture I'd say about 65% of the central view is obstructed by the winch. Relocating the solenoid (which is already something one can do with most Warn, and other, winches) would appear to only reduce it to 50%. It's just a bad design. I can't see why anyone that wants to use the camera feature would opt for the factory winch solution. I'm going Badlands so I get the steel bumper but I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket offers before I mount a winch - and not just for the camera.
I actually love the factory winch mount. Looks nice and tidy, doesn’t affect approach angle.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you are driving up a hill you’re looking at the sky and the hood, so this would be great for helping you find the perfect line without the need of a spotter, or at least to make his (or her) job easier.
Off road I can understand. Daily driving not so much.

Methinks some here have a history of bumping the wall in the garage and front bumpers in parking lots.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually dealing with the logistics of positioning a camera right now. At the very least, you need to be able to see the bumper itself. I've been trying to add a front camera to my Flex and the best view is mounting the camera as high as possible, aimed as far downward as you can.

Even the position I have mine right now is too low and judging distance is impossible.

After work, I'm going to finally try cutting into that $400 grille to get a higher view.

Specifically with the Bronco, they *could* aim the camera higher, at the expense of depth perception.

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view Screenshot_20201031-135325_Chrome

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view Screenshot_20201031-135325_Chrome
Steady hands brother ?
Honestly, I would have consulted with warn about adding a camera point to the control box. Add a second set of leads, unplug the grill location and hook up the winch control box location. Small cameras are pretty cheap these days.

But what do I know.
That would of been to easy Bandit ?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Off road I can understand. Daily driving not so much.

Methinks some here have a history of bumping the wall in the garage and front bumpers in parking lots.
I don’t know how much use it is off the trail on a vehicle like the Bronco, but on something low-slung like a 911 or a Macan, it’s great in a parking lot so you don’t scrape the front chin on the concrete stops. OTOH, I just drive my 4Runner up until I start rolling over those things.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw this one while mall crawling.... ?. “Hey, Mike... we will wait for aftermarket... how is that for feedback.
That is a cool option. I really want a brush guard because I'm a farmer and I'm always driving through brush - like Florida tough brush.

Sponsored

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I would have consulted with warn about adding a camera point to the control box. Add a second set of leads, unplug the grill location and hook up the winch control box location. Small cameras are pretty cheap these days.

But what do I know.
Exactly. This all should have been pre-designed in if an off-road champ was the final goal.

in bumper winch..etc.

Damn Ford

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was considering the factory winch too but I guess I'll have to rethink my options now... seems like a waste to the front camera if blocked.

Does anyone remember how long it took for Jeep to have aftermarket provides winch options or was that all lead by Mopar?

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was considering the factory winch too but I guess I'll have to rethink my options now... seems like a waste to the front camera if blocked.

Does anyone remember how long it took for Jeep to have aftermarket provides winch options or was that all lead by Mopar?
gigantic waste of money if its going to ruin a expensive feature

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition