First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So Levine is on Twitter basically shitting on Bronco6g for getting involved in people's orders and did not allow anyone to reply to his tweets. Also was blaming customers for not getting signed paperwork and if they don't do that there isn't much he can do. This is the tweet I sent to him.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine on Twitter Screenshot_20211231-191142_Twitter
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh. He has a point. He canā€™t do much if thereā€™s no contract. Just the earth we live on.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Him saying "you should've gotten a signed sheet at order," is so annoying. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont recall anywhere from Ford saying we needed that for MSRP? So how the hell would we have known to get it? I had no clue but thankfully I have a good dealer who honored MSRP like they were supposed to.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a sorry excuse for a corporate communications executive. basically sh*ting on the biggest bronco community out there for taking a stand against HIS company taking steps to treat customer's fairly.

He is a douchebag of the highest degree. I remember when he tried to join here a while back and lasted about a day because he is a tool.

I guess we are on our own.....

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. He has a point. He canā€™t do much if thereā€™s no contract. Just the earth we live on.
i respect your position, but do not agree. If Ford thinks (and actively supports) dealers charging several thousand above MSRP for their MASS produced vehicles, then I would have no problem taking my business elsewhere.

They are really treading on thin ice if you ask me. As a former Raptor owner (and possible future owner), there are customers who have orders from last summer that have been 'built' and still haven't seen them.

I would think that now of all times, they should respect their consumer with the supply chain issues and think big picture vs. protecting their so called 'big volume' sh*tty ass dealers.

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Him saying "you should've gotten a signed sheet at order," is so annoying. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont recall anywhere from Ford saying we needed that for MSRP? So how the hell would we have known to get it? I had no clue but thankfully I have a good dealer who honored MSRP like they were supposed to.
He canā€™t do anything? I know one thing ford could do. Have a 100% name match on orders. If someone cancels the order it goes back to ford and they run an offer for all order holders, the earliest time stamp that wants it, gets it.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not much for the twitter. But Iā€™m not seeing anything here specific to B6G from him. Can the OP post what he has supposedly said?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be 100% fair to Mike Levine, he has attempted to fix these dealer markup issues for multiple people, and in many cases he has succeeded.

Once it hits the Bronco6G forums we tend to blow things up. If he is trying to negotiate with the dealership on the customer's behalf I'm sure it is harder for him to do so if we are bombarding the dealership with negative reviews left and right. At that point tempers are already elevated and the dealer sales staff probably feel attacked. Once that bad blood starts flowing you're either going to have the dealer give in just to make it all go away, or you're going to have the dealer dig in their heels.

I personally trust that my dealer isn't going to try to screw me (I have a signed buyer's order to help with that trust)... but if I do get screwed, I'm going to try to go through the official Ford channels to resolve it first. If that doesn't work I'll hit up a Ford employee like Mike Levine.

And if none of that works... we're basically in last-resort territory, and then I'll hit the Bronco6G forum to blow up their reviews. I have nothing to lose at that point and don't care how much bad blood is spilled.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, what I would like to see is a communication from corporate to all dealers stating that this ISNā€t OK!

By the time, we get involved or a customer gets his attention on twitter, it could be too late and an order that was place 18 months ago has already been sold.

Is it unreasonable to ask that Ford tackles this issue on a board scale vs. a siloā€™ed approach?

OP
OP

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To be 100% fair to Mike Levine, he has attempted to fix these dealer markup issues for multiple people, and in many cases he has succeeded.

Once it hits the Bronco6G forums we tend to blow things up. If he is trying to negotiate with the dealership on the customer's behalf I'm sure it is harder for him to do so if we are bombarding the dealership with negative reviews left and right. At that point tempers are already elevated and the dealer sales staff probably feel attacked. Once that bad blood starts flowing you're either going to have the dealer give in just to make it all go away, or you're going to have the dealer dig in their heels.

I personally trust that my dealer isn't going to try to screw me (I have a signed buyer's order to help with that trust)... but if I do get screwed, I'm going to try to go through the official Ford channels to resolve it first. If that doesn't work I'll hit up a Ford employee like Mike Levine.

And if none of that works... we're basically in last-resort territory, and then I'll hit the Bronco6G forum to blow up their reviews. I have nothing to lose at that point and don't care how much bad blood is spilled.
But your missing the whole point of this, there should be absolutely no mark ups what so ever for a vehicle custom ordered by a customer. Now if that customer walks away from that order, they can charge whatever they want. We shouldn't have to go through any hassle, zero, zip, zilch.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Levine is on Twitter basically shitting on Bronco6g for getting involved in people's orders and did not allow anyone to reply to his tweets. Also was blaming customers for not getting signed paperwork and if they don't do that there isn't much he can do. This is the tweet I sent to him.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine on Twitter Screenshot_20211231-193131_Twitter
Iā€™m on the Bronco 6G side, but I just read Mikeā€™s tweets and no where did he mention the forum. Also, he said ā€œunrelated parties getting involved isnā€™t helpfulā€. I donā€™t call that shitting on us.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks like the dealer and customer are getting things resolved. Does anyone here think that would have happened without the pressure applied to both Ford and the dealership through social media, yelp, Bronco forums, etc?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.