Sponsored

Mike Levine response to what will happen to vehicles on Dirt Mountain while waiting for MIC tops

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You mean other than I believe in keeping my commitments? Unlike @Ford Motor Company
How is that keeping your commitment if the vehicle hasn’t arrived yet? You better hope you’re vehicle doesn’t arrive totaled like mine did because then you are stuck with it. It is definitely not a thing to make payments on a car that is not here yet so if somebody convince you to do that they will also have a bridge to sell you soon.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just wondering what I am really going to do if my 7 month old MY21 Bronco shows up in 22.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is that keeping your commitment if the vehicle hasn’t arrived yet? You better hope you’re vehicle doesn’t arrive totaled like mine did because then you are stuck with it. It is definitely not a thing to make payments on a car that is not here yet so if somebody convince you to do that they will also have a bridge to sell you soon.
Because the payments are a commitment to my bank, not to Ford, my Bank provided the financing. They did nothing wrong. If my Ford arrives messed up, I will deal with it per the contract I have with Military Auto Source. There are contractual obligations that Ford and MAS have based on the the deal that I made. It's just a little more complex in some ways than I would like, but they can be compelled to do the right thing, but at the end of the day: I just want my Bronco.

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because the payments are a commitment to my bank, not to Ford, my Bank provided the financing. They did nothing wrong. If my Ford arrives messed up, I will deal with it per the contract I have with Military Auto Source. There are contractual obligations that Ford and MAS have based on the the deal that I made. It's just a little more complex in some ways than I would like, but they can be compelled to do the right thing, but at the end of the day: I just want my Bronco.
It’s still not a normal thing to start a loan on a car you don’t have yet. Even if they offer you a replacement if the car arrived so damaged it’s not drivable, now the car is yours you’re probably gonna have to put a claim in as a totaled vehicle and good luck dealing with that since the car will have to be registered to your name first. That is super shady to have the dealership take the payment before the car even arrives.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s still not a normal thing to start a loan on a car you don’t have yet. Even if they offer you a replacement if the car arrived so damaged it’s not drivable, now the car is yours you’re probably gonna have to put a claim in as a totaled vehicle and good luck dealing with that since the car will have to be registered to your name first. That is super shady to have the dealership take the payment before the car even arrives.
It's not a dealership... Ugh, the purchase is made through Military Auto Source (MAS)... everyone is an expert until I start providing the facts. This program, although flawed, has been around for decades (and not that I want to defend them).

However, MAS has been doing business the same way for decades and part of the program requires that you have paid in full and that the funds have cleared prior to delivery.

Thanks for wishing we good luck, we'll see what shows up, when it shows up.

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not a dealership... Ugh, the purchase is made through Military Auto Source (MAS)... everyone is an expert until I start providing the facts. This program, although flawed, has been around for decades (and not that I want to defend them).

However, MAS has been doing business the same way for decades and part of the program requires that you have paid in full and that the funds have cleared prior to delivery.

Thanks for wishing we good luck, we'll see what shows up, when it shows up.
Believe it or not there have been people who have handed over the bank check to a regular dealership well before the car even had a build date and the dealer accepted it. If you have a different type of program then at least you have protection.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
May be my own ignorance talking here, but how many people are buying 35-50k vehicles without a garage?

That would be mental in Canada
Ha ha my Bronco won’t fit in my garage so he will live outside in his winter coat ie car cover. So my little car gets to keep it.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May be my own ignorance talking here, but how many people are buying 35-50k vehicles without a garage?

That would be mental in Canada
I've got a 3 car garage, but my $42k Bronco will reside outside it's entire life. My lawn mowers, bikes and other toys and tools take up my garage space. :cool:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pre-Covid you'd be surprised how long some non-special order vehicles sit out in the elements before a customer drives it off the lot and are not garaged.
Sponsored

Last edited: