Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't believe a single Granger customer expects their Bronco 1st, what they do expect is Ford follow through on the timestamp reservation which was initially communicated (prior to building stock units).
How many Broncos were allocated off the bat to Granger when the orders started? That’s the million dollar question. There HAD to be allocation methodology, which factored in reservations. No way dealers were given guaranteed unlimited reservations. There has to be a number they knew they would get.
Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you please explain how you "moved" your order to your local dealer?

Levine tweeted that we could just switch dealers, but people have been hitting brick walls trying to do it.
This WILL be the next step for Ford. Open up restrictions to transfer to a dealer of your choice. THis will allow buyers who don't want to wait to transfer amongst other dealers and pay a little more. Those who remain with Granger and the like will then accept the fact that they will get a Bronco at a good deal but will have to wait a little longer.

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford wants uniform pricing, they need to squash it on both ends, not just one.
That's a hugely important statement.

Price in writing at $2-3K discount that benefits the consumer = bad, we can't have that - uniform pricing is important!

But $10K+ ADM = Welp, they're independent businesses. Sorry Mr. Customer. Shoulda got it in writing

They're just totally shafting the customer then spitting in our faces with these disingenuous explanations

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You might be the first successful "move". How did you go about it? Ford CSR's have said they can't do anything and must get approval before allowing it? I'm sure many would like to know how you made this happen.
I tweeted @mrlevine and let him know I was caught in the Granger promotion pile of doom.

Sponsored

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never been a fan of car companies and I have never found one I would offer any loyalty to. This Bronco fiasco has given me an excessively deep look into the bowels of this industry and it is making me feel even worse about these people.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford isn’t doing that, then shame on them.

I have to imagine Ford dealers were given a number they would be allocated in total, whether they were reservations or stock orders.

However, if a dealer like Granger outsold their allocation, then they should have let their customers know, instead of banking hundreds of reservations they knew they could never fill.
Brother, basically every dealer outsold their allocations. Allocations are let quartly, and reserved units are spread out over those 4 quarters. If a dealer sold 10 Broncos, and his Q1 allocation was 3 then yes, he oversold that quarter, but the other seven will show up in the up coming quarters. I reserved late, and I knew with all of the information my dealer, and Ford was providing I would be lucky to get mine by late summer of '22 because of the number of reservations before me at that dealer (yes, Granger did inform me at every step). And, I was fine with that. And, I knew that I would get mine before any dealer stock units were built. But, now I'm looking at a possible '24 build date, with mega dealers building stock to sell to the average Joe that walks in off the street. Can you see where that would piss a person off that believed Ford would honor their promises?

BTW, you can see from this statement below that Bronco orders would not be included in the standard allocation formulas.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC Fords lie

Last edited:

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is the sate law bs talking point their using. Him and the bronco nation live. So all 50 states passed the same law dealing with allocations?
It's a very soft justification of "it's not illegal, so it's ok. A lawsuit wouldn't help you"

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"They [customers] actively sought to use the discount dealers as price leverage."
so now that's wrong too? Only the sellers get to use leverage? I thought Ford made the cars, sold them to dealers, and then the dealers sold them to customers and could choose whatever price they wanted. not that simple? why shouldn't it be?

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not saying I’m against dealers like Granger, but if Ford was upfront about their allocation method, starting with 2021, then these dealers have no right to complain.

If they overshot their allocation by doing the types of deals they were, then they needed to be upfront with their reservation holders that they might not get filled in a timely fashion or pushed

Can someone verify that Ford dealers were given an allocation formula prior to 2021 launch?
Dealers were given an allocation formula for 2021 prior to a date in March 2021 when the formula tallied up certain aspects about reservations and percents if order conversions. And yes, the dealers knew this.

But previous formula was based 50% on reservations/order conversions. The new formula cut that aspect cut in half. The 2021 formula included previous SUV sales, but the new 2022 formula limits that aspect specifically to Bronco Sport sales and not other Ford SUVs.

I am not saying that Ford shouldn't be allowed to change and adjust their allocation formulas from year to year, but it is a kick in the teeth to some dealers and a lot of customers to change it that drastically in a subsequent year, especially so very late compared to when 2022 production will start, giving dealers little time to adjust their business practices to mesh with the new formula.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now... add to that how several of us were told this week by Ford Customer Service that Ford will fill ALL the remaining reservations in 2022. But wait, didn't Mr. Levine Tweet information to the contrary?

As a matter of fact, the customer service rep I spoke to on Tuesday went so far as to say that Ford was going to fill the 2022 orders for people with unfilled 2021 orders FIRST before the 2022 orders that were from reservations not converted to orders this year. WOW! That definitely contradicts what Ford has been telling the general public.
I stated in another thread that I had learned/heard that same info (not from Ford Customer Service) but another Ford channel early this week, but I had no way to back it up, again Ford and their communication is bat plain crazy. It was specific to res holders who converted by the March 2021 deadline that those WOULD be built in 2022 which cant possibly follow the information on allocation communicated so far.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford was upfront … they had to react to the Grangers of their world? I am sure they reserve the right to change it at any time.
Plain and simple Ford underestimated the demand for the Bronco. Now they are scrambling to figure out how to keep customers and dealers happy and failing at both. Someone's head should roll but who's?
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634240997078

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't doubt there were a bunch if assholes who gloated about their deal, but I don't think it's necessarily helpful to anyone to jump on the I-told-you-so bandwagon to rub shit in the faces of the hundreds of people who couldn't get any response from their local crooks and made an order with Granger back when Ford was allocating Broncos by a formula that optimistically would have filled all the Granger orders in 2022, but DEFINITELY would have filled them all by mid-2023. Whereas the new formula could possibly push some orders into 2026.

Should we go back and gloat to all the people who got royally screwed by their dealers and rub it in there faces that they "picked the wrong dealer" rather than say, yes, it sucks that a Ford dealer would pull that kind of shit on you?

Maybe your perception of the Granger buyer as a cocky, bragging asshole is shared by Ford and hence their revised allocation formula cut the amount based on reservations IN HALF specifically to hurt them. Maybe Ford also doesn't realize that those few loud braggarts aren't the only ones who will get hurt.

There is a good chance that a lot of small-town family run franchises will not get enough allocation to fill their orders. But dealers in L.A. and Miami and Chicago will all get enough allocation to fill their orders and get a bunch of lot stock to sell at 5-figure ADM.

Now... add to that how several of us were told this week by Ford Customer Service that Ford will fill ALL the remaining reservations in 2022. But wait, didn't Mr. Levine Tweet information to the contrary?

As a matter of fact, the customer service rep I spoke to on Tuesday went so far as to say that Ford was going to fill the 2022 orders for people with unfilled 2021 orders FIRST before the 2022 orders that were from reservations not converted to orders this year. WOW! That definitely contradicts what Ford has been telling the general public.

I don't need a Bronco or any vehicle right now (we own 9 running cars/trucks and a half dozen motorcycles), I just feel angry for all the people who need to buy a vehicle, and Ford could have sold them a Bronco this year, but then changed the allocation formula and now they have to rethink everything. And I really don't think Ford wants to lose sales to Jeep and Subaru and Land Rover because they couldn't find a way to fill all the 2020 Bronco reservations within TWO or THREE years. Jeep's management will have a field day if that happens.🤣

Your points are valid. I have said that I think all order holders, regardless of dealer, should be taken care of in 2022, so I don't think they should be punished in any respect. For the same reasons you enumerated above, I do also believe that when Dec 2022 rolls around, current order holders, and many new order holders will have a Bronco in their driveway.

I really think people make WAY to much of what somebody tweets and I think many, many people here have taken this most extreme and most pessimistic position on the issue, which is unhelpful. The sky is not falling, no matter what Bronco SJWs on the forum want to believe.
Sponsored