Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
I personally decided between the SAC and Chapman deals, and my local dealer at MSRP when I ordered in March. Both SAC and Chapman were up front when asked about where I would be in their allotment. Outside the bubble for 2021 (with a mid day two reservation). I chose MSRP at my local dealer where I was in the first third, and still am rolling to 2022. The primary reason I made that choice was 2022 allotments vs dealer stock, and dealing with a dealer three to four states away who also has a local market to serve, were risks.

Anyone in the Granger / Chapman / SAC predicament today, especially those outside the original allotment, took a gamble to get a few thousand off. They knew Ford was fluid and unpredictable. They knew dealers and markets were pressuring Ford to swing the balance. And they knew all bets were off after the 2021 known state. Or they should have.

It's that simple.
Sponsored

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope this blows up in Ford's (and Levine's) face. With the high price of the Bronco plus ADM, the final price is going to get steep and I think most people willing to put down that kind of cash are looking for a lot more luxury in their vehicle than what the Bronco has to offer.

And yes, Mike Levine is the biggest tool out there. I cannot believe he's in charge of a company this size's communication. If the media ever works up the balls to tell the whole story, this will go down as one of the ugliest corporate f-ups by a car company - maybe any company - in history.

I'm still on Granger's list but I may change my will specifying that my kids and kids' kids are not allowed to buy a Ford or they get disinherited.
Marketing 101 FAIL. So tone deaf.

He's blaming the customers for choosing a dealer that A) knows the product, B) is transparent and C) agrees to a price (sometimes a very good price). As many have said - the attention falls on Stevens, Chapman and Granger - but this affects all small dealers that have more reservations than allocation.

Quack Head

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Exploder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This entire thing is an excuse by Ford to cover up the fact they can’t meet the order/ reservation builds and placate the big dealers who are crying over not being able to have stock Broncos on their lots in the numbers they want. Dealer allocations are for stock or special editions. Customer orders have NEVER been incorporated in dealer allotment. Dealers request a certain number of F 150 trucks. Ford tells them “ in order to get the F 150 allotment, you will need to accept 20 Escapes, 25 Explorers, and 30 Mustangs”. Dealer agrees. The dealer has fifty F 150 trucks on the lot. I want one, but they don’t have an F 150 that meets my needs. So I place an order. No problem. Broncos were ALL customer orders, NOT dealer allotments. They are not “ special editions, ex: GT 500, MACH 1”. This allotment ruling is nothing but a scam. Shame on Ford.

@Ford Motor Company

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I placed my reservation (7/14) I chose the local dealership. A couple of months went by and I had not heard from them. I started searching the internet for information and found this forum. I assumed pricing would be MSRP across the board. Ford at the time said reservations would be filled before stock units.

Granted I did not know how the dealership model worked with Ford but became more educated on this site. I saw the deals being offered by Granger and SAC. I didn't immediately switch dealers. I started contacting my dealer and three others in the area. I could not get two of them to respond to my emails. I exchanged a few phone calls with another about pricing and after a week was basically ghosted. My emails went unanswered. My dealer said probably MSRP and when I explained the SAC deal he basically told me I was full of shit and no dealer would be doing that. I offered him SAC website information and he refused and cut me off.

I waited a couple of weeks wondering if I should make the change. I saw many on here getting MSRP answers from their dealers. Driving 3.5 hours to SAC would save me $3000. I made the change November 11, 2020. This was just a few weeks before the allocations were announced and a panic came across the forum. We went from being in the driver's seat with our reservations to having to decide to shop dealers. At that point the dealers with allocations had the upper hand. They didn't need to compete with lower than MSRP. I decided I didn't want to shop my reservation. I ended up being #104 out of 109 allocations at SAC.

At what point did I make the wrong decision? I saved $3000. I got great communication from SAC. I was within their allocations. I realized I might not get a 2022 because of how far down I was but I thought it was worth it to stay with them.

I think it is pretty screwed up that this is somehow my fault for wanting a good deal. It is my fault for not sticking to my local dealer when I could not get them to set a price. It is my fault for wanting more transparency and better communication.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this sounds super selfish because it is...

This allocation math has more to do with the 98% Levine is talking about than what the big three reservation dealers are holding. Small dealerships everywhere are going to hurt because of this math from Ford, but the argument has been twisted to be only about those special dealerships. Because of this groups short sighted argument on Granger +2 and hounding that singular dealership point, Ford feels very comfortable sticking it to just those "special" dealers. When in fact they are sticking it to hundreds of small dealers. My dealer.

So, yeah, your ranting about one or two dealerships has given Ford the justification and win on what they really did to EVERY small dealer everywhere. Ford is no longer worried about the 98% who lost because you (B6G) made all about just the very very few.

As Ford sees it, if your not going to argue for everyone, then you are arguing for no one. Ford wins.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone in the Granger / Chapman / SAC predicament today, especially those outside the original allotment, took a gamble to get a few thousand off. They knew Ford was fluid and unpredictable. They knew dealers and markets were pressuring Ford to swing the balance. And they knew all bets were off after the 2021 known state. Or they should have.

It's that simple.
So when daddy punches mommy in the face after promising her he'd never do it again, it's mommy's fault because she knew daddy was unpredictable?

May be a bit of hyperbole, but holy blaming the victim batman. You're really out here telling us it's our fault for listening to Ford and following their rules because we should have known they were liars?

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I personally decided between the SAC and Chapman deals, and my local dealer at MSRP when I ordered in March. Both SAC and Chapman were up front when asked about where I would be in their allotment. Outside the bubble for 2021 (with a mid day two reservation). I chose MSRP at my local dealer where I was in the first third, and still am rolling to 2022. The primary reason I made that choice was 2022 allotments vs dealer stock, and dealing with a dealer three to four states away who also has a local market to serve, were risks.

It's that simple.
With all due respect - I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think it's that simple. I did my research too. If Ford had followed through with its original promise - to build reservations before dealer stock - then as soon as production ramped up to full speed (even considering commodity issues) every reservation holder would have received their Bronco by 2022. The issue is that some now may have to wait until 2023 or 2024.

Last edited:

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are a lot of great comments and stories on here but GET ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT FORD HAS DONE. Twitter, IG, FB. Posting on here will not get Ford's attention.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not seeing the issue tbh.
I thought allocations for 2022 include "vehicles sold in 2021" and Granger will have a higher-than-average number of 2021 orders, won't they?

You all knew there were potential downsides to being one of 3,000 at the class-favorite dealership.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Vindictive and insulting, all in one sentence. Don’t think for one minute the Ford brass don’t feel the same. He’s a Tool of the highest order.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not seeing the issue tbh.
I thought allocations for 2022 include "vehicles sold in 2021" and Granger will have a higher-than-average number of 2021 orders, won't they?

You all knew there were potential downsides to being one of 3,000 at the class-favorite dealership.
its a 3 year average rule that circumvents the 2021 Bronco orders plus then its only 25% of those. Then you throw in % based on your Bronco Sport sales.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is petty, callous & disgusting - we must stick together & make them wipe the egg off their face in the public arena -- redoubling efforts to get this on-going mega-screw job to media where there it is a great story just waiting - exposing Ford's shocking blatant disregard for the customer, surrendering to rampant greed in all it's putrid glory.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There are a lot of great comments and stories on here but GET ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT FORD HAS DONE. Twitter, IG, FB. Posting on here will not get Ford's attention.
And use the News Tips links at business and auto news sites, CNBC, Edmunds, etc.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.

Sponsored