Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are a lot of great comments and stories on here but GET ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT FORD HAS DONE. Twitter, IG, FB. Posting on here will not get Ford's attention.
Sorry...can't help with that, I'm anti-social (media).
Sponsored

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wondering where Chapman falls in this allocation process. They’re a dealer offering discounts but at the same time I’m pretty sure they’re one of the larger Ford dealers in the Pennsylvania area.

gimlithepirate

Heritage
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The main reason I went with the Granger offer was that it was a no B.S. price. Every time I've bought a vehicle new, I look online, figure out what the solid low price people offer (typically in the neighborhood of invoice) and the first dealer that just says "yep, here it is" gets my business.

Now, I live in NM and both of our local Ford dealers are absolutely awful. One of them when I called about a Bronco said that they were planning to do a minimum of 10k ADM on all reservation holders. At least they were up front. There is one decent dealer, but they've been hit hard by the chip shortage, and aren't considered "volume dealer," so my guess is they are somewhat in the same boat as Granger. Long story short, I'm not buying a Bronco local.

Ford thinks by screwing Granger/SAC/etc. they can drive people to their buddies that own the big dealerships. Instead, what it is going to do is drive people to Jeep, or in my case I will probably decide to just stick with my 4runner until someone makes me go electric.

To me, this just fundamentally undermines that Ford dealers suck because Ford lets them. When one tries to behave better, they get punished.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

With all due respect - I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think it's that simple. I did my research too. If Ford had followed through with its original promise - to build reservations before dealer stock - then as soon as production ramped up to full speed (even considering commodity issues) every reservation holder would have received their Bronco in by 2022. The issue is that some now may have to wait until 2023 or 2024.
Ford had already broken their word several times (allocations, XPlan, “free transmissions” in B&P) by the time we ordered.

They knew Ford was fluid and unpredictable. They knew dealers and markets were pressuring Ford to swing the balance.
The people I feel sorry for in this situation are the people who had an early reservation inside the bubble and did not get filled because of the MIC disaster, people who ordered early well inside the bubble who were pushed out, and anyone local within say 50 miles and have no shot until 2023 or something.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally decided between the SAC and Chapman deals, and my local dealer at MSRP when I ordered in March. Both SAC and Chapman were up front when asked about where I would be in their allotment. Outside the bubble for 2021 (with a mid day two reservation). I chose MSRP at my local dealer where I was in the first third, and still am rolling to 2022. The primary reason I made that choice was 2022 allotments vs dealer stock, and dealing with a dealer three to four states away who also has a local market to serve, were risks.

Anyone in the Granger / Chapman / SAC predicament today, especially those outside the original allotment, took a gamble to get a few thousand off. They knew Ford was fluid and unpredictable. They knew dealers and markets were pressuring Ford to swing the balance. And they knew all bets were off after the 2021 known state. Or they should have.

It's that simple.
What an obnoxious and condescending response to this. No one (I'd bet including you!) on this site knew anything about allocations and formulas and all that before this all started, much less could have predicted that it would have changed after MY21. The notion that you were "within your dealers allocation" based on your timestamp indicates that you had the same mistaken beliefs as everyone else on here. People read and relied upon Ford's (repeated!) statement that reservations would be served first, and in order, and then went out to get the best deal they could. They made the decisions that were best for them based on the facts they had at the time, and now Ford has changed the facts. Even allowing for shadiness of the car industry, how could they have possibly known that Ford was going to go in such a different direction?

Rev

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ford Raptor, 17 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just sharing this because I see one of the dealers was brought up in this thread. We traded a few emails in the past about my 21 order (7/31/2020 reservation date). The 13th arrived and I go to send an email about the banks opening and this happened right after. No, I didn't attempt to email 3 more times. I only sent 1 email. The previous email was cc'd with 3 others on it. I don't know how to take this.

Yeah, I got an email later from the dealer, no idea who but it had the @dealername on it. They asked if I had any changes to my 22 bronco and to respond to the email and they would update the order. The email had bronco information but it had no signature, name, address, etc on it.

I know the dealers emails are active. To do this to a customer? I kinda feel like a sucka. Bamboolzed. Black balled by this dealer.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634220286253

Last edited:

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with a small dealer that only had 6 allocations. They haven't received any Broncos yet. Mine will be their first. It is on the train. I thought it would be to my advantage not to be a small fish in a big pond. This is working for me. 7th hour res, ordered 3/12/21. No, mine is not a priority order with my dealer, the owner got that and should. His was #1, mine #2 and I will get mine first. There has been only 1 Bronco spotted in my county, soft top 4dr, and 1 in the neighboring county. Mine should be here in 2 weeks. Yes, it was a DM.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What an obnoxious and response to this. No one (I'd bet including you!) on this site knew anything about allocations and formulas and all that before this all started, much less could have predicted that it would have changed after MY21. The notion that you were "within your dealers allocation" based on your timestamp indicates that you had the same mistaken beliefs as everyone else on here. People read and relied upon Ford's (repeated!) statement that reservations would be served first, and in order, and then went out to get the best deal they could. They made the decisions that were best for them based on the facts they had at the time, and now Ford has changed the facts. Even allowing for shadiness of the car industry, how could they have possibly known that Ford was going to go in such a different direction?
Yep, I didn’t - nor did I trust Ford’s word because they had already broken it on XPlan for example - and that is why I decided not to risk going to SAC or Chapman.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I (like most of the world) don't care either. You know this was coming. We'll get our Broncos, when we get our Broncos.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
... FORD TOLD US TO CHOOSE A DEALER!!!!
then they said well, that’s the wrong one!
And that's the crux of the matter. Ford mainly said "choose a dealer".

For didn't say "choose a dealer ... but first find out the dealer overall volume the past three years, the dealer sales of Bronco Sports the past year, the number of reservations/orders taken, and attempt to project the allocations".

Those are two different scenarios with two different outcomes in terms of getting a Bronco sooner rather than later. Like in 2024+ later, lol.

Had Ford clearly spelled that out when they offered a reservation scheme then sure, some customer would have made different decisions.

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.
That is the sad truth; however, these days are numbered.
The model forward, and it appears to be accelerating, is EVs and the direct to customer sales. With a significant change in what maintenance is needed, which is a huge revenue generator for dealerships, It will be interesting to see how the Legacy manufacturers can carry the weight of an outdated system and still compete.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634221702658

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, I didn’t - nor did I trust Ford’s word because they had already broken it on XPlan for example - and that is why I decided not to risk going to SAC or Chapman.
And yet, you're still in basically the same position as all those people, except they can still expect to pay thousands of dollars less than you when their Bronco eventually does arrive. What exactly are you bragging about here?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.
then don't offer time stamps and tell your customers they will be built in order.
Sponsored