Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't let this thread die, never forget how Ford and Mike Levine treat us all....
C'mon man, how did Levine treat you? Seriously? They are selling cars, not poisoning your children. They are delayed in bringing back an amazingly cool vehicle from the scrap heap of history, they didn't deny your child life saving coverage.

Some of you, with the hyperbolic language, the anger and rage...it is a vehicle...that is all.

Find some perspective.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

C'mon man, how did Levine treat you? Seriously? They are selling cars, not poisoning your children. They are delayed in bringing back an amazingly cool vehicle from the scrap heap of history, they didn't deny your child life saving coverage.

Some of you, with the hyperbolic language, the anger and rage...it is a vehicle...that is all.

Find some perspective.
C'mon Pauly, you've got your Bronco, and I'm really happy for you. But,give us folks that ordered, got a royal screwing, and probably won't see ours for a couple more years a bit of a break. Screaming at the clouds is all we have right now. We all should know it's not worth the time, but it does give us a bit of solice during the storm.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Find some perspective.
As quoted above, by a Ford apologist, truer words were never spoken:
Find some perspective.

At least the Ford's apologist's are giving themselves some self reflection...

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As quoted above, by a Ford apologist, truer words were never spoken:
Find some perspective.

At least the Ford's apologist's are giving themselves some self reflection...
If I am an apologist, then I am the worst kind, because I am going to tell you to buy something else.

There is a big, wide world full of car and truck choices, but people here choose to wait in line and choose to feel victimized by an imperfect process. So, go elsewhere, buy something else if you feel you have been treated this poorly. If I were half as mad as many of you claim to be, no way would I wait around...yet people choose to wait. People act as if they have no agency, but they do. I chose to wait, it cost me little and bothered be none. It was a non-factor in my life...it took zero effort to wait.

At the end of the day, this is what I see.

70461634b2833d62687746c66f27eeea.jpg

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

C'mon Pauly, you've got your Bronco, and I'm really happy for you. But,give us folks that ordered, got a royal screwing, and probably won't see ours for a couple more years a bit of a break. Screaming at the clouds is all we have right now. We all should know it's not worth the time, but it does give us a bit of solice during the storm.
At some point, it becomes comical though.

I think there is so much disorder in the various economic systems and societies that the Bronco is a whipping boy for many people, which seems unfair. It sucks, people want their Broncos, I get it, but so many things are dicked up right now. It's just another thing on the list. Thankfully, it isn't a serious thing, which is why I think people need some perspective. By now, we all know the deal.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC why-god-why-we-hada-deal-memegenerator-net-why-god-why-53188616~2

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At some point, it becomes comical though.

I think there is so much disorder in the various economic systems and societies that the Bronco is a whipping boy for many people, which seems unfair. It sucks, people want their Broncos, I get it, but so many things are dicked up right now. It's just another thing on the list. Thankfully, it isn't a serious thing, which is why I think people need some perspective. By now, we all know the deal.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC why-god-why-we-hada-deal-memegenerator-net-why-god-why-53188616~2
But you have your Bronco, right? Nobody wants the guy who received his Bronco telling them to have perspective, even if you’re right.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a big, wide world full of car and truck choices, but people here choose to wait in line and choose to feel victimized by an imperfect process. So, go elsewhere, buy something else if you feel you have been treated this poorly.
Please elaborate on the car and truck choices that are in the same vehicle class as the Bronco? I would have gotten something else already If all I wanted was a crossover. There aren't many vehicles to choose from in this space at this price point. I've said it multiple times before, if there was a new 4Runner I probably wouldn't be here. I've also driven a Jeep and didn't like it (though that was a while ago and should probably take a new one for a spin). I, and I believe many others in this forum, would like some communication explaining what the hold-up is. It seems like many of the vehicles being delivered, even those with known constraints, have soft tops. What's the issue with hard top production? The last real email we got from Ford was in June. How effin hard is it to say, "hey we're still having a hard time ramping up mic production because...xyz and here's a rough estimate of when you might get your Bronco."? They gave us multiple updates earlier in the year and now it's just radio silence even.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hand wringing on this site is out of control. I’m sorry but Granger shares blame here as well. Ford and other dealers aren’t going to care if you want to move volume and occasionally take a customer from out of area with ecosports and F150s, vehicles that get marked down heavily to begin with. When it comes to a high demand vehicle with limited allocations, such as a Bronco, common sense would dictate it wouldn’t be ideal for Ford to be sending an entire percentage of their production to a single otherwise lower volume dealer when they have 3,500 other dealers. Ford likely assumed that the reservations would naturally distribute themselves evenly in terms of amount of reservations/orders to overall dealer size allowing them to just move down the list, and that’s how it panned out before a dealer discounted their hot product and caused a substantial shift in reservation locations.

I want to be clear here and say I don’t think the folks at Granger were nefarious, they are clearly great people, but they made a critical mistake by not warning their customers that allocations can change. As they crested 3,4,500+ reservations they should have began to realize not being able to fill them all in a reasonable amount of time was a possibility, and once they reached 1,000 a near certainty. You have to ask yourself why didn’t the other 3,500 dealers in North America do what they did? It’s not that all of the 3499 other dealers are greedy, they just acknowledged it probably wouldn’t work.

Ford now has a problem that a disproportionate amount of their hot product is being funneled to one dealer, and many other dealers (the overwhelming majority of whom honor MSRP) are not amused, as they feel they shouldn’t be losing out on a hot vehicle after years of moving Ford product. This forced their hand into changing the allocation model, and therefore the order in which orders and reservations are filled. They’ve caused collateral damage as well, some other smaller dealers who had nothing to do with this are negatively impacted. So you can feel free to support them and wait it out but just remember that is *your choice* as you can significantly reduce your wait time with a new, local order

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please elaborate on the car and truck choices that are in the same vehicle class as the Bronco? I would have gotten something else already If all I wanted was a crossover. There aren't many vehicles to choose from in this space at this price point. I've said it multiple times before, if there was a new 4Runner I probably wouldn't be here. I've also driven a Jeep and didn't like it (though that was a while ago and should probably take a new one for a spin). I, and I believe many others in this forum, would like some communication explaining what the hold-up is. It seems like many of the vehicles being delivered, even those with known constraints, have soft tops. What's the issue with hard top production? The last real email we got from Ford was in June. How effin hard is it to say, "hey we're still having a hard time ramping up mic production because...xyz and here's a rough estimate of when you might get your Bronco."? They gave us multiple updates earlier in the year and now it's just radio silence even.
It's not complicated, sometimes we don't get what we want when we want it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find some perspective.
"Find some perspective"....You know what that means right? Lmao

Do you want him to "find some perspective" or do you want him to just find your perspective? I'm pretty sure he's found his perspective.....

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have to ask yourself why didn’t the other 3,500 dealers in North America do what they did? It’s not that all of the 3499 other dealers are greedy, they just acknowledged it probably wouldn’t work.
It may very well have been a logical assumption for Granger to expect recourse from Ford. Whether that would be the 'right thing' or not.

That said; Any number of dealers could have made the same deal and dispersed the allocations more evenly, in their favor, and created a side-effect of happier customers. Selling for a lower profit margin would "work" fine for them. They had a choice to let the free market decide where the customer went, or ask daddy to communize the deliveries. They chose the higher profit.

You can call it greed, or good business. But somebody was going to come out behind on this deal. Ford decided it should be customers.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not complicated, sometimes we don't get what we want when we want it.
You're right, and most people are then upset when that happens. Then they're even more upset when someone who got what he wanted comes around tells them "Find some perspective".

Last edited by a moderator:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Find some perspective"....You know what that means right? Lmao

Do you want him to "find some perspective" or do you want him to just find your perspective? I'm pretty sure he's found his perspective.....

No matter how you slice it, the delay of a recreational vehicle is, at most, an annoyance, not a problem.

Most people in our society would probably agree with my perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford likely assumed that the reservations would naturally distribute themselves evenly in terms of amount of reservations/orders to overall dealer size allowing them to just move down the list, and that’s how it panned out before a dealer discounted their hot product and caused a substantial shift in reservation locations.

I want to be clear here and say I don’t think the folks at Granger were nefarious, they are clearly great people, but they made a critical mistake by not warning their customers that allocations can change. As they crested 3,4,500+ reservations they should have began to realize not being able to fill them all in a reasonable amount of time was a possibility, and once they reached 1,000 a near certainty.
IMO this is one of the most fair assessments I've seen. I don't think there was any bad intent from either side.

Also consider how many of those orders were BL Sas Lux 2.7 MIC. Ford probably whiffed on the distribution of trims on the early orders which compounded the problem. Forecasting for parts mirroring Jeep's distributions but realizing they'd be making nothing but BL for a dealer in Iowa.

I'm still waiting on my OBX and would love to take delivery one day soon. If my car shits the bed in the next few months I will go with a 4xe and enjoy my summer with my daughters like I planned. Mike Levine isn't in control of your happiness, you are!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stay classy.
You replied to my previous comment with "It's not complicated, sometimes we don't get what we want when we want it." as if that's not understood. I believe in calling a spade.
Sponsored