Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to know how "small" Grainer really is. Des Moines, Iowa is not a small place. The greater Des Moines Iowa is around 570,000 people and is served by four (4) Ford/Lincoln franchises within the radius Grainer is to downtown Des Moines.

My local dealer I'm buying from is puny in comparison.
This is 6 years old and I don't know the authenticity of the original source, but Granger is not in the top 150.

Edited to add:
I neglected to include the link: https://www.focusrs.org/threads/where-can-i-find-a-list-of-the-largest-ford-dealers-in-the-us.386/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I think most people here on the Forum (which is probably a small percentage of actual Bronco Orderers) scream for transparency yet go apeshit* when they actually get it. Obviously, the MIC top is a production constraint. Do you really want to know the specific details as to why and do you think you'd really understand it? I doubt Ford really liked pointing to Webasto as the MIC top issues delaying production, but under the eye of social media and a cyberlaunch, they had to give some explanation. 99% of the parts on the Bronco, you and all of us, have no idea who the supplier is for them, and really nor should we care. But the MIC top was a glaring production delay that Ford had to explain it. Did Ford and Webasto under-estimate the difficulty of high-rate production of the MIC top design? Probably so. In reality, under a worldwide 6-month lockdown, the Bronco was delayed about 8 months give or take.

I'll define apeshit as B6G Members hounding around a storage lot, which eventually got named "Dirt Mountain", and posting photographs of the situation. Shit, a few members were illegally flying drones in the area to get recon pics. LOL.
Do I think I'd understand... Yes, but that's not what I'm asking. We were told there were issues but those were supposed to be cleared up with mic 2.x. I, and I'm sure many others, would like to know how big of an issue is webasto having scaling up production. That could literally just be hey guys we're still struggling to produce these in large numbers... Any other info they'd like to share" I'm a July 15 reservation and I have no idea whether I'll be getting my bronco early next year or 2025. I get the constraints and pandemic issues but for F's sake how can I not get a ballpark estimate this late in the game

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is 6 years old and I don't know the authenticity of the original source, but Granger is not in the top 150.
But there are around 3,100 Ford dealers in the US. I'd bet they are not among the smallest either, given the size of the Des Moines metro area.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So
Do I think I'd understand... Yes, but that's not what I'm asking. We were told there were issues but those were supposed to be cleared up with mic 2.x. I, and I'm sure many others, would like to know how big of an issue is webasto having scaling up production. That could literally just be hey guys we're still struggling to produce these in large numbers... Any other info they'd like to share" I'm a July 15 reservation and I have no idea whether I'll be getting my bronco early next year or 2025. I get the constraints and pandemic issues but for F's sake how can I not get a ballpark estimate this late in the game
I have to say of the two (2) samples of 2-door Bronco full-rate production units I've seen (one just yesterday), I think the MIC 2.0 build quality is in the excellent range. The rest of the Bronco based on paint and panel alignment is excellent IMO. @Cat 's inspection list aside, it appears to me Ford is getting the production ramped up and is producing well-assembled units at a decent quantity of units per day. Considering all the crap Ford has gone through to this point, I remain impressed on their progress. I'm looking forward to delivery of my unit in the near future.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So

I have to say of the two (2) samples of 2-door Bronco full-rate production units I've seen (one just yesterday), I think the MIC 2.0 build quality is in the excellent range. The rest of the Bronco based on paint and panel alignment is excellent IMO. @Cat 's inspection list aside, it appears to me Ford is getting the production ramped up and is producing well-assembled units at a decent quantity of units per day. Considering all the crap Ford has gone through to this point, I remain impressed on their progress. I'm looking forward to delivery of my unit in the near future.
The link to the Owners Checklist for Delivery (OCD) @Efthreeoh referenced...
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So

Feedback from a couple folks, who used the OCD, was that a) it was really helpful, but, more importantly to @Efthreeoh point,
their new Bronco was in terrific condition.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yet, I've not seen any pics posted on B6G that show the "Large" dealerships overflowing with multiple-tens of lot-stock Bronco units offered at 50% MSRP ADM... Where is all this non-order production going?
there no non-order yet but who you think get the first non-orders . there is a reason why you can go to bigger dealers and find the harder to find vehicles .

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But there are around 3,100 Ford dealers in the US. I'd bet they are not among the smallest either, given the size of the Des Moines metro area.
Probably true. Just passing along the limited info I was able to dig up.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there no non-order yet but who you think get the first non-orders . there is a reason why you can go to bigger dealers and find the harder to find vehicles .
So, everyone is bitching about something that has not yet happened, and may not happen.

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But couldn't a customer walk into Granger, order the same optioned Bronco as you, and get that Bronco sooner than I would because of the options I ordered. Orders today, as you know, are built faster with the least options at a lower trim level. That I understand because of the supplier constraints. Why wouldn't Granger take an order for that same Bronco if someone wanted.
The issue at hand is dealer allocation.

Granger has said that they will be allocated as few as 120 Broncos in total for 2022. So far, they have only been allotted 11 Broncos. That's the reason why they wouldn't take an order for the same Bronco I'm buying when they already have a 1,000 order backlog.

Is safe for me to assume that your personal order is through Granger? If so, I truly hope for the best and that you get your Bronco in the near future. Ford should just build all these reserved orders as quickly as possible without even taking dealer allocation into account.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to know how "small" Grainer really is. Des Moines, Iowa is not a small place. The greater Des Moines Iowa is around 570,000 people and is served by four (4) Ford/Lincoln franchises within the radius Grainer is to downtown Des Moines.

My local dealer I'm buying from is puny in comparison.
Granger Motors is located in Granger, IA (pop. 1,654), hence the name, but within the Des Moines metropolitan area (pop. 699,292).

Back in the fall, Granger was #1131 in Ford’s dealership ranking, and Stephens Auto Center (WV) was #2409.

See Google Maps street view (below) for size and scale

The building on the far right, with the Bronco mural painted on the side (visible in my avatar photo), is where the Bronco deliveries are made. My vehicle was Granger’s 100th Bronco delivered in 21MY.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 37EDDB9E-BC2E-4DB0-BABA-86A2E294D2EC
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 912BE6C4-E5C0-4811-A959-35429E4EC29B

https://goo.gl/maps/mwgiVogrKzyhh4ReA

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger has said that they will be allocated as few as 120 Broncos in total for 2022. So far, they have only been allotted 11 Broncos.
Your information is very outdated…
It is time for our monthly update!

2022 Allocation - We received word from Ford that our allocation that will be scheduled in January is for 11 units. That puts us at 42 total for 2022 model year (11, 20, 11).

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger Motors is located in Granger, IA (pop. 1,654), hence the name, but within the Des Moines metropolitan area (pop. 699,292).

Back in the fall, Granger was #1131 in Ford’s dealership ranking, and Stephens Auto Center (WV) was #2409.

See Google Maps street view (below) for size and scale

The building on the far right, with the Bronco mural painted on the side (visible in my avatar photo), is where the Bronco deliveries are made. My vehicle was Granger’s 100th Bronco delivered in 21MY.

37EDDB9E-BC2E-4DB0-BABA-86A2E294D2EC.png
912BE6C4-E5C0-4811-A959-35429E4EC29B.png

https://goo.gl/maps/mwgiVogrKzyhh4ReA
Yeah, I Ggogle Earth'd Granger a few months ago to compare its foot print to my dealership's footprint. It's much larger than mine. My dealer's MY '21 allocation was just over 10 for the entire year. It had just under 30 total MY '21 reservations. So a ratio of about 1/3 of order fulfillment to total allocation. That was before the theoretical MY '22 allocation system was devised. The way I see it based on my dealer's MY '21 allocation situation, what Granger claims its MY '22 potential allocation numbers might be is on par with my really small dealership's MY '21 allotment was. The problem with my dealership was their MY '21 orders were not buildable based on constraints and MIC top 1.0. I think they have delivered 4 total MY '21 orders. Two of those have been 2-door units; an FE and a Base.

The data about my dealer I quoted are how counts evolved from November 2020 through May 2021. So what I think is Granger’s situation for MY '22 order fulfillment is, is no different than any other dealership's original allocation situation for MY '21. It looks like the whole Bronco production plan shifted to the right by 8 months at a minimum. I don't see evidence that the "large" dealers have really influenced anything regarding allocation that is different between 2021 and 2022. I think it is just internet hype at this point.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I Ggogle Earth'd Granger a few months ago to compare its foot print to my dealership's footprint. It's much larger than mine. My dealer's MY '21 allocation was just over 10 for the entire year. It had just under 30 total MY '21 reservations. So a ratio of about 1/3 of order fulfillment to total allocation. That was before the theoretical MY '22 allocation system was devised. The way I see it based on my dealer's MY '21 allocation situation, what Granger claims its MY '22 potential allocation numbers might be is on par with my really small dealership's MY '21 allotment was. The problem with my dealership was their MY '21 orders were not buildable based on constraints and MIC top 1.0. I think they have delivered 4 total MY '21 orders. Two of those have been 2-door units; an FE and a Base.

The data about my dealer I quoted are how counts evolved from November 2020 through May 2021. So what I think is Granger’s situation for MY '22 order fulfillment is, is no different than any other dealership's original allocation situation for MY '21. It looks like the whole Bronco production plan shifted to the right by 8 months at a minimum. I don't see evidence that the "large" dealers have really influenced anything regarding allocation that is different between 2021 and 2022. I think it is just internet hype at this point.
At its core, this is not a big vs small dealer issue. See my further explanation from earlier in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-about-granger-chapman-sac.25523/post-1071683

The change in the allocation formula from MY21 to MY22 is a change from a formula that favors dealers with a lot of Bronco orders to a formula that favors a dealer with a lot of historical sales.

However, a small volume dealer could also benefit. If there is a small volume dealer that is only getting an allocation of 1 Bronco for MY22, but they have zero reservations, that dealership benefits from the formula change.

The allocation issue gets framed as a big vs small dealer issue because we know of three dealers that are impacted that not among the 1/3 biggest (thanks to @Razorbak86 for digging up this info), and in terms of absolute numbers of Broncos allocated, large dealerships are more likely to benefit.
Sponsored