First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, unless you are stuck on Ford as a brand, I imagine you would have just as much fun with it.
Agreed. These are first world problems, but the way we've been jerked around and the blatant middle finger to the small dealers with this Levine tweet, I'm willing to be constantly picking up my Jeep from the shop just to prove a point. I started at my local dealer, moved my res to a dealer offering X-Plan, now may have to move it again to a giant dealer just to get my Bronco in the next year.
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had one of the Granger 2k off deals and finally came to my senses. How is a small dealer in a small market going to handle hundreds (guessing, but, yeah) of reservations and deliver? Don't be making saints out of them. Yes, they are upfront about wanting to grow their dealership, but at some point you have to tell people, uh, don't think we can get you a vehicle this year.
They have done that. See their several threads on the allocation system.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AJ, thanks for your response. If the bolded statement above is true, then what does your Ford rep say about the ADM at delivery we've seen? Or the ADM upfront at order time over MSRP? Why is Ford simply letting that happen vs smashing these dealers with less allocation? I'm a Granger order. Yes, the deal initially got my attention, but when I saw the interaction from Albert last summer and the transparency, that's why I made my reservation with them. It wasn't about the "deal", it was about the transparency. That's the truth. I just tweeted to Mike Levine and Jim Farley that I'd gladly pay MSRP at Granger, if they delivered 100% of reservations vs the 98% Mike tweeted about.

If Ford wants uniform pricing, they need to squash it on both ends, not just one.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I appreciate the other side of the information as well.
So here is where it gets tricky. Ford has been using the Ad Covenant Program on newer products like Mach-e and Lightning. This program is supposed to regulate what price each dealer can openly advertise for a certain product. This isn't a new program in the automotive industry, as some other manufacturers like Honda have a similar program. Now, this really only extends to advertising, and not the actual selling price. Once a customer comes into the store, you can in theory discount your product to make a deal. It is meant to level the playing field so that larger stores that sell a massive amount of vehicles can't drown out your family-owned stores who sell far less. There have been whispers that for future products, Ford will require the dealers to sell at no more than MSRP, but nothing has been set. Obviously changes this big will take time, but hopefully the days of dealers charging customers ADM at the time of delivery are numbered.

I wanted to address the transparency that Granger is famous for. I have so much respect for those guys, and the time it takes to respond to each question is probably enough to tie up an employee for 8+ hours every day. I do the best I can as a one-man-show as I handle all the Bronco orders at my store, but transparency and simply being polite goes a long way. I love working with each customer and if more stores took the time to treat each customer with the respect they deserve, we wouldn't be in this mess.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why do people keep insisting that people placed orders with SAC and Stephens and Granger and Chapmam Horsham and Kearny Mesa to "get a few thousand off" when that is not the case.

The majority of people are just like me, my local dealer, the one where Ford automatically put my reservation WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME. Even when I showed up in person, they just kept giving me the brush off.

Me: I've got a reservation for a Bronco, who do I speak to about this?

Them: You can't order Broncos yet, and we really aren't sure who is going to do that.

Me (different day question to a different person): I've got some questions about buying a Bronco, can you help me?

Them: The 1970 Bronco is not for sale, it's just a display.

Me: No, I have a Brinco reserved here and want to ask a couple of questions.

Nope, couldn't help me.

So I called Albert and he gave me his cell number and write down times for my lunch and planning period so he wouldn't call while I was teaching class...

...even before I gave them a reservation!

Mike Levine apparently has no clue. Maybe he can give us a list of honest dealers with higher allocation than reservations. Or even a list of honest dealers... because the forum compiled this information and these are the very dealers Ford is refusing to give adequate allocation.

And by the way... It's not a good business model to openly admit you are only going to help 98% if your customers.
Please get this out on Twitter, etc. These are great stories. Go find any Tweet about the Bronco and reply so everyone knows what Ford did

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. These are first world problems, but the way we've been jerked around and the blatant middle finger to the small dealers with this Levine tweet, I'm willing to be constantly picking up my Jeep from the shop just to prove a point.
Seriously. I dont blame you. If I hadn't found my Badlands at a reasonable price, I'd be rolling in something else. I sold my SuperDuty since the market was so hot (as many did) and was a day 2 reservations. No updates from ford other than "dealer ordered".

I would have rather heard "Sorry dude. We messed up and aren't going to be able to build your bronco". People are understanding if you are straight with them. Thats my only gripe. Ford hasn't been upfront.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's a link to the tweet, if you care to voice your opinion.

Wow, so Ford can't accommodate a few dealers that are aggressively trying to grow their market share and only represents 2% of the orders?!?

Is he trying to sell vehicles or is he trying to deep-throat the bigger dealers who could effectively compete with anyone?

My guess is that he'd rather be deep-throating than selling cars.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One local dealer here usually has 400 cars, they have 15 on the lot now and a skeleton crew working. You have to have some sympathy for them.
No I don't.
In the modern world I COULD have my personal car QR/UPC, follow my car through manufacturing via WebCam Feeds, and have it personally delivered to my house at less than the mark up at the dealership.

"Dealerships" could all be converted to Repair and Maintenance Shops and it would not phase me one bit....

if US Auto had not bribed our lawmakers to create systems to force us to sit in a dealership for 2+ hours doing "4 boxes, saying no to undercoating, and asking the finance guy to fix the numbers back to the initialed agreement from the sales floor.

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s exactly what happened to me. July 19 2020 reservation, early March order for a simple 4 door base soft top. Just finally got a build date of 11/15 if it holds. Dealer told me mine is the first one they have scheduled of all there orders. Small dealers are getting screwed already I believe.
Yeah talked to my dealer and the only Bronco they've received so far is the mannequin. They have ~50 reservations. Small dealer in Western NY.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just a little info about the reservation process(fine print) brought to light...
What's your point? There are a TON of things wrong in this word that aren't illegal. Ford could right now at this moment cancel EVERY reservation and say "we didn't like the reservation system, go order with your dealer first come first served." And they would be well within their legal right to do so.
That doesn't make it a good decision that respects its customers.

Citing what they are legally allowed to do is like citing "free speech" as a defense for saying heinous shit. If your only defense for your actions is that it isn't illegal for you to do what you're doing.... maybe you shouldn't be doing it. And also remember if what you're doing is legal, other people's responses are legal too. like, never buying another ford again. telling everyone they know how ford lies. spreading truth on social media. instilling a hatred of all things ford in their children. That's all legal too.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So here is where it gets tricky. Ford has been using the Ad Covenant Program on newer products like Mach-e and Lightning. This program is supposed to regulate what price each dealer can openly advertise for a certain product. This isn't a new program in the automotive industry, as some other manufacturers like Honda have a similar program. Now, this really only extends to advertising, and not the actual selling price. Once a customer comes into the store, you can in theory discount your product to make a deal. It is meant to level the playing field so that larger stores that sell a massive amount of vehicles can't drown out your family-owned stores who sell far less. There have been whispers that for future products, Ford will require the dealers to sell at no more than MSRP, but nothing has been set. Obviously changes this big will take time, but hopefully the days of dealers charging customers ADM at the time of delivery are numbered.

I wanted to address the transparency that Granger is famous for. I have so much respect for those guys, and the time it takes to respond to each question is probably enough to tie up an employee for 8+ hours every day. I do the best I can as a one-man-show as I handle all the Bronco orders at my store, but transparency and simply being polite goes a long way. I love working with each customer and if more stores took the time to treat each customer with the respect they deserve, we wouldn't be in this mess.
giphy.gif

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny thing is, we’re only talking about a few thousand Broncos that are affected by this. Ford could choose to honor time-stamp delivery for those who have already reserved, then change the program going forward, and it wouldn’t even take a large bite out of total Bronco production. What, maybe 3% of 2022 production, max?

But even that small “sacrifice” isn’t worth it to Ford Levine to make things right. And that tells me everything. There’s a middle ground to be reached here. Ford simply isn’t interested. They’ve decided they are going to stick their fingers in their ears until those filthy nasty haters stop complaining.

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC giphy

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all know Mike is too busy trying to shit on Tesla if you follow him on Twitter. Anything negative on Tesla, this guy likes. Maybe he needs to focus on his own brand's customers? Not sure why he hates Tesla so much.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. Sad part is, those customers at other small, family owned dealerships might not even realize what just happened to them. They'll find out in the coming months after the shitstorm has past them by. Then they'll be pissed when they realize what this allocation change really did to all the small dealers and not just the "special deal" dealers. I bet there are many posters here don't realize just what happened and they're in the same boat as the Granger, SAC and Chapman buyers.
When I was talking to Ford customer service a couple days ago, the lady said that she often get calls from people who order a truck or SUV from their small local dealer who are calling to complain because the dealer is telling them they can't get it. Si they call customer service because it looks like the dealer is refusing to sell them one. And she has to explain allocation to them.

If Ford is allowing people to special order vehicles from dealers, then Ford should have to publish exact allocation numbers for all its dealers so a customer can actually figure out where they can go buy the darn thing.😜

You don't want to allocate Broncos to Granger and Stephens, then let everyone know exactly were the allocations are so we can call all of them and see how many will offer MSRP and an iron-clad out-the-door purchase price... in writing.😜

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.
Agreed - read between the lines … Ford is discouraging discounting off MSRP and discouraging discounting to grow business at the expense of other Ford dealers. Does Tesla discount? It’s the new business model.

Last edited:

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I for one am on the side of all the other small dealers. This was just a pr stunt.
Sponsored