Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a prick. But let's be honest. Is anyone here surprised this is the kind of response these corporate elites would provide? They're all trained liars. Look at the Southwest CEO the other day. These tools lie lie and lie again to the American public. Just like the politicians. It's what works. Because the news cycle moves so quickly....it's over soon enough and they move on to the next lie.

Scary times we live in when it comes down to accountability and people doing the right thing then lie and deny the existence of truth.

Yesterday I received a expedited UPS delivery for an envelope from @Zach@Granger with a check for $45 in it. Apparently, there was an over charge on my deal(though it all added up to me) and he expedited a check to my house in a matter of days. I would've told him to keep it if I knew. Dying bread there at Granger. I'm certain any other dealer I've worked with in the past would've never done that. Never.

@Ford Motor Company You changed the rules at half time and you know it. Fix it!!
Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Marketing 101 FAIL. So tone deaf.

He's blaming the customers for choosing a dealer that A) knows the product, B) is transparent and C) agrees to a price (sometimes a very good price). As many have said - the attention falls on Stevens, Chapman and Granger - but this affects all small dealers that have more reservations than allocation.
That’s what everyone, including the smug Levine is missing. This isn’t a Granger/SAC/Chapman issue.

I canceled a Granger reservation to order from a small dealer.

They have more reservations than allocations. In fact for MY21 they had more orders (converted reservations) than allocations.

Their share for MY21 will be about a 42% fill rate of orders, if the last 14 are produced.
If you you knock out 99ers it only raises to 60%.

How many of this small dealer’s customers are going to wait 2 years or longer with commodity restraints to get a Bronco when big dealers get stock.

Tomorrow I’m calling Ford and canceling one of my reservations and I’m going to cite the new allocation formula and Mike Levine’s tweet.

I’m still holding my other reservation for a MOD Top but, Ford just lost a guaranteed $55K.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not "schooling" anyone. I made a different choice regarding reserving a Bronco. Don't take your frustrations out on me, I don't work at Ford.
But remember, there's no gloating allowed. I happy you may get your Bronco soon, but gloating after so many have been lied too isn't the way to go about things.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve waited and waded through a lot of BS up to this point, and I kinda hate it when people make this announcement, but…

I’m out.

The Bronco is a nice rig, but it’s not nearly as special as Ford Levine seems to think it is. Ford may sell a lot of Broncos to people who want the latest Hot Thing, but good luck with those second and third gen sales after turning off so many enthusiasts.

Jeep and Porsche sell a lot of Wranglers and 911s to non-enthusiasts, but those non-enthusiasts buy them in large part because of an evangelical enthusiast community.

I can put up with a lot of BS, but this is a bridge too far.

Now how do I get my $100 back since my res has already been converted to an order?

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally decided between the SAC and Chapman deals, and my local dealer at MSRP when I ordered in March. Both SAC and Chapman were up front when asked about where I would be in their allotment. Outside the bubble for 2021 (with a mid day two reservation). I chose MSRP at my local dealer where I was in the first third, and still am rolling to 2022. The primary reason I made that choice was 2022 allotments vs dealer stock, and dealing with a dealer three to four states away who also has a local market to serve, were risks.

Anyone in the Granger / Chapman / SAC predicament today, especially those outside the original allotment, took a gamble to get a few thousand off. They knew Ford was fluid and unpredictable. They knew dealers and markets were pressuring Ford to swing the balance. And they knew all bets were off after the 2021 known state. Or they should have.

It's that simple.
I agree but some folks want to believe something different...

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC Nd9GcSELgZ8qUUO2GQACtrKItQAQaE5C8EaAxrBQQ&usqp=CAU

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So when daddy punches mommy in the face after promising her he'd never do it again, it's mommy's fault because she knew daddy was unpredictable?

May be a bit of hyperbole, but holy blaming the victim batman. You're really out here telling us it's our fault for listening to Ford and following their rules because we should have known they were liars?
Agreed. There's no excuse for this behavior from Ford -- that they are "gleefully" pulling the rug out from us, nobody can excuse this, lying cheating, leading us around deceiving us....the blame only rests with them!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tomorrow I’m calling Ford and canceling one of my reservations and I’m going to cite the new allocation formula and Mike Levine’s tweet.

I’m still holding my other reservation for a MOD Top but, Ford just lost a guaranteed $55K.
I have a 2nd reservation I was going to convert, but with the way Ford is doing the new allocation system, I have a better chance of finding future dealer stock. I think I will take the same approach and make sure Ford knows I cancelled basically a new order due to their inept attitude.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, so he basically said in one statement that Ford values dealers (especially large ones that charge ADM) over customers.

Happy with my Rubicon 4XE Mike, bought it from a small dealer at 7% under invoice and will continue to support small rural dealers who make deals.
how's the ride quality of the 4xe? I've been giving it a lot of thought

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve waited and waded through a lot of BS up to this point, and I kinda hate it when people make this announcement, but…

I’m out.

The Bronco is a nice rig, but it’s not nearly as special as Ford Levine seems to think it is. Ford may sell a lot of Broncos to people who want the latest Hot Thing, but good luck with those second and third gen sales after turning off so many enthusiasts.

Jeep and Porsche sell a lot of Wranglers and 911s to non-enthusiasts, but those non-enthusiasts buy them in large part because of an evangelical enthusiast community.

I can put up with a lot of BS, but this is a bridge too far.

Now how do I get my $100 back since my res has already been converted to an order?
Al, while I apperciate your views on the calamity Ford has started, don't give up your Bronco on mine or on anyone elses account. Get that Bronco, call me, and take me for a ride. That will good for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

how's the ride quality of the 4xe? I've been giving it a lot of thought
On the highway my '19 JL Wrangler is as smooth as a babies butt. On the less than good city streets, and on crappy roads it will ride as expected. And, it will ride differently than a vehicle with an IFS because of the 2 solid axles. Even with that we're really happy with the ride. We took it on a 5K+ miles westward road trip, and overall it was very comfortable. And the fun thing about it is we could turn down any backroad we wanted without worries.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow, so he basically said in one statement that Ford values dealers (especially large ones that charge ADM) over customers.

Happy with my Rubicon 4XE Mike, bought it from a small dealer at 7% under invoice and will continue to support small rural dealers who make deals.
Dealers are Ford’s customers

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem with Levines statement is that Graingers deal does not reduce the lead time to the 98% of other customers that he references if they followed reservation order.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
This is nuts.

it’s not about these dealers. It’s about our reservations and how they had us go about them.
-choose the dealer you want

-no wait choose the dealer with the most allocations but we won’t tell you who has them,good luck finding out

-dealer is marking up my bronco, well that’s your fault for not agreeing to a price,

-dealer still wants to mark me up, we can helpyou switch to a better dealer… but only big market ones. Again, we won’t tell you who we consider big market

-it’s a fooking scavenger hunt to buy a bronco.

this who experience is rank with deceit from the top all the down through 80% of the dealers

the 20% that earn our business won’t be rewarded unless they are in the 5% of those that are a big market and provide good service and price

I’m not buying a flipping GT or GT 500 or Raptor…. 98% of reservationists aren’t on the forum and have no idea on all these new steps to buy a flipping Bronco.

FORD TOLD US TO CHOOSE A DEALER!!!!
then they said well, that’s the wrong one!
Fu ford @ford_motor_company

@devildog0331 count me in a deceived customer. Where is the go fund me for the lawsuit

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
a dealership that sells 2200+ new fords per year is always going to get a bigger allocation than the dealer that sells 300 new Fords per year. Precisely why I went with a larger dealership and will pay MSRP.

whether it's right or wrong it's the way business is conducted.
From a strategy standpoint (at least with the updated rules) to get a Bronco earlier while paying a few thousand more, your approach makes sense - depending on ease of finding a dealer to play along. I've had some interesting experiences in my area with dealers.

If customers could feel assured of not having to burn a lot of energy on a treasure hunt and dealing with questionable dealers trying to find a good situation with MSRP, they would be more inclined to go your route.
Sponsored