Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They have done that. See their several threads on the allocation system.
Thanks, I spoke from ignorance, but I never doubted their sincerity. Should have pointed the finger at people like myself that jumped at the (second) chance without weighing the situation carefully.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please get this out on Twitter, etc. These are great stories. Go find any Tweet about the Bronco and reply so everyone knows what Ford did
Dang it. I guess I might finally have to get a Twitter account.😞

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When questioned why Ford is no longer honoring their commitment to ship Broncos in approximate reservation order, Ford has started mentioning state laws. It is not just Levine, but other Ford representatives and statements to the press as well. It appears that Ford's lawyers have perhaps insisted on it. Does anybody know why?

Did the big dealer mafia find some arcane state laws to threaten Ford into giving them large allotments of dealer stock? Is it illegal in some states for Ford to knowingly facilitate inter-state auto sales? Is it a red herring?

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634225224487

This is the original Ford commitment. Ford has said that they no longer plan to honor these commitments. Ford has moved back to a traditional allocation model and there will now be massive disparities in the order that otherwise identical reservations are filled, and mass shipments of dealer stock will begin in 2022 while many Bronco reservations placed in 2020 at smaller dealers will no longer be eligible to receive a 2022 Bronco.
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634225387758

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I spoke from ignorance, but I never doubted their sincerity. Should have pointed the finger at people like myself that jumped at the (second) chance without weighing the situation carefully.
All good man, and no you shouldn't blame yourself. Ford apparently has this byzantine internal process for allocating cars which they grossly oversimplified in their communications and change at will without notice.

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
THIS! What would have really benefitted everyone here is if they went to the direct to consumer model and cut the dealers out of the bronco all together. the business model is good for ford when they have to move other vehicles and someone else is buying in bulk and building the maintenance network. But, for something where they already had 100k + customers signed up and ready to go they could have moved to the D-T-C model and avoided the allocation mess. just my 2 cents. leave the dealers kicking and screaming instead of the customers who ultimately put their money up for your product!!
And while I have positive things to say/share about my dealer, it is clear that they haven't added a tremendous amount of value as I know more about the broncos than most of their sales folks.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it's because angry people have been throwing around the option of legal action against Ford in response to the change in allocations for MY22.

I can't see how legal actions would help. They are covered all around on this. Ford changing the allocation is "legal," but it doesn't make it right.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know there are state laws protecting dealers... but unless Ford North American Director of Lies is willing to cite even one addressing this issue even remotely... i'm betting he's full of shit hoping an appeal to a legal authority will shut some of us up

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When questioned why Ford is no longer honoring their commitment to ship Broncos in approximate reservation order, Ford has started mentioning state laws. It is not just Levine, but other Ford representatives and statements to the press as well. It appears that Ford's lawyers have perhaps insisted on it. Does anybody know why?

Did the big dealer mafia find some arcane state laws to threaten Ford into giving them large allotments of dealer stock? Is it illegal in some states for Ford to knowingly facilitate inter-state auto sales? Is it a red herring?

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634225387758

This is the original Ford commitment. Ford has said that they no longer plan to honor these commitments. Ford has moved back to a traditional allocation model and there will now be massive disparities in the order that otherwise identical reservations are filled, and mass shipments of dealer stock will begin in 2022 while many Bronco reservations placed in 2020 at smaller dealers will no longer be eligible to receive a 2022 Bronco.
Someone probably needed to run the reservations thing past legal a time or two more. This was my guess about the sudden rearing of the allocations. If a dealer doesn't get reservations they are precluded from selling Broncos until someone does reserve with them. Admittedly, no one is going to reserve from a crappy dealer, but still unfair to some in the eyes of the law in those states, I guess.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question should be the same laws were in place last year, why all of the sudden the need for the allocation change this year?

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Deflecting blame, because that's the next tactic in their crappy bag of tricks.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His response isn't surprising.. but him claiming to understand the allocation model is a hilarious. Its the same line, every single time. The almighty "allocation model" that not a single person at Ford has been able to succinctly explain in any fashion.

When people take the time to point out that they reserved fairly basic builds in the first 60 minutes yet have not even received a vin, its the generic "TRUST THE ALLOCATION PLANS".

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634227537221

Never trust anyone in HR or Communications.. The absolute cesspool of any major Corporation.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, your title is wrong and untrue. If you are going to claim "person A outright said..." then you should actually have a quote from person A where they make the outright claim...you don't have that.

Second,
Can we stop with the self back-patting Tweet sharing posts on the forum...it is as bad as spam, especially when there is literally nothing new. Twitter, and Tweets, are not news, they are not novel, they are rarely even interesting, thought provoking, or relevent.

Third,
This has all been hashed, rehashed, rehashed and kicked again...Ford believes their policy is better for most (98%) of the order holders (and they might be right).

Fourth, the allocations system isn't inherently contrary to the reservation/ordering system. They work in congruence with one another. It is not perfect, it might not result in a perfect rollout (too late for that now) but that is not what was promised prior to ordering. Ford clearly noted that reservation time, allocation, and constraints would drive delivery. This has been stated since well before the order process occurred. Folks just don't want to hear it. They don't want to believe that their "great deal" might have had some known limitations or obstacles.

Lastly, custom takes longer than production...always. This is why I am not offended by Ford making production units for retail. Production units using not constraint parts will help keep many dealers afloat, especially during this obviously difficult time in the car industry.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn't take it as blaming the law for the change, more that this change adheres to all state laws so good luck suing us. Ford has an entire department of legal, you're not going to win a lawsuit against them over a $100 reservation. Honestly though the legal action people are threatening Ford with is less about actual litigation to me and more about a way to get this whole issue into main stream news outlets. Ford's new process hurts the "little guy". That is a solid story many agencies could run on.
Sponsored