First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I can do is laugh at this whole situation anymore.

When the return of the Bronco was confirmed I was super excited. The reveal got me pumped up. I still didn't want to commit to a reservation until I saw one in person. Then everything started going downhill. Between parts delays, massive reservation numbers and then quality issues I started losing interest. Went for a test drive and I got excited again. Now with the allocation fiasco, still ongoing quality issues, and Ford's obvious inability to listen to what the customers want with the lack of easily made changes for 2022, I am pretty much over it.

I may revisit the thought of a Bronco in 2024 when they do the mid refresh. I may not. But in the meantime I'm placing my order for a 2022 Wrangler Willys Xtreme Recon.
Sponsored

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not even sold that Ford values big dealers all that much for Broncos either. I was going to change my reservation from a local dealer to Granger, and first called Galpin Ford, a large volume dealer in CA. The salesman I have worked with before called me right back. I asked if they were offering anything below MSRP, and they aren't (no surprise). But he also said they have hardly any Broncos allocated to them, which did surprise me.

Anyway, I called Ford to change to Granger, and they are now needing to get Supervisors approval to transfer to dealers who are selling at below MSRP, and it takes 2 days to get a response. I will see what they say.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow, so he basically said in one statement that Ford values dealers (especially large ones that charge ADM) over customers.

Happy with my Rubicon 4XE Mike, bought it from a small dealer at 7% under invoice and will continue to support small rural dealers who make deals.
I canceled my bronco reservation and went Chapman Automotive (Ford, CDJR) and ordered a Rubicon 392 from them and I pick it up next week 6% under invoice (no BS, no BS fees or gimmicks)

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't interpret Levines statement as they must go back to an allocation model instead of strictly following reservation time stamp because of some state laws. Only that their allocation method complies with state laws which I will not address as I'm not a legal expert. Parties in any potential legal dispute will always say that as a deterrent to litigation so I don't place much value in the statement. IMHO, I think this talk of legal action is misguided. The best way of addressing this is through public pressure. I did note that Jim Farley this week appeared to back track on the allocation model and stated that he always favored the reservation system to the extent practical. Not sure if that's just his opinion or if that's a sign the Ford is going to ensure that reservations are given priority over dealer stock. I saw hope that the poor publicity may have softened their position.

Last edited:

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One thing I did want to ask you. Do you think Ford even cares if the reservations are converted to the person who reserved them ?? I.E. some of the mega dealers getting reservations only to have them "abandoned" so they can sell. I know Ford said they would frown on this and take allocations away. Something tells me this won't happen. Many Dealers bash the Granger thing but they are proud of the fact that 100 % of their reservations have been converted to the person who made the reservation. Not all dealers can say this. Just looking for your thought on this scenario.
I don't like to put words in the mouth of Ford, but I do believe they want each ordered Bronco to go to the person who ordered it. I know that a lot can change over a year, and there will be abandoned orders here and there, but I can't wrap my head around a select few dealers who are openly bragging about how many Broncos they have on the lot. I think this will catch up to them eventually, but only time will tell. We might have two Bronco orders that the customer is no longer in the market either because we sold them a different vehicle, or they jumped to a competitor like Jeep.

Sponsored

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
Wow. F this guy. Glad I'm ordering a Rubicon 392 through Granger.

I normally don't post about cars on my personal instagram, but when I pick up the Jeep I'm going to do it and tag Ford + Mike Levine. They deserve to be called out.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if US Auto had not bribed our lawmakers to create systems to force us to sit in a dealership for 2+ hours doing "4 boxes, saying no to undercoating, and asking the finance guy to fix the numbers back to the initialed agreement from the sales floor.
And going back to the dealership the next day to pick up your vehicle after fighting the finance guy back to the original numbers only to find they've now added "Security VIN Glass Etching" for an additional $500 which you refuse to pay for despite their pleas "It's the only way we can make any money on this deal!" :mad:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Ford should do the reservations first and stock after as initially indicated. People understand commodity constraints and logistics but changing to a more traditional allocation scheme goes against what they said. This is within their business and how they choose to run it. My view is it is wrong.

When the Bronco was first announced, I started asking dealers about pricing. In my area I got no firm responses for the 4 or 5 dealers I talked to. I ultimately landed on a smaller dealer due to “pricing at what Ford will offer to customers” which I read as MSRP and lower sales tax (WA sales tax is based on dealer address). Saves me money and MSRP sounded fair.

I heard of Granger, SAC and Chapman and considered it briefly. Considering that allocations where in the game now and traveling long distances for some savings wasn’t worth the risks in my mind. I often think about the choose 2 of the 3 (you can’t get all): quality, cheap, quick. With these dealers, you get quality service, great price and (at the time) just as quick a delivery. With my dealer, I would get okay service (sometimes great, sometimes not), a fair price and same delivery speed (reservations in time stamp order) or better if allocations get messed up like they have (unknown at the time) or an inordinate amount of people with earlier time stamps are in front of me (I thought very likely as they were targeting this forum). I weighed both and decided to stick with my local dealer. Worst case was I paid more for the same thing which is a better worst case than many others are currently experiencing.

All that said, tomorrow is my 15 month anniversary of my Bronco reservation and I still have no idea when to expect it.

Also, I don’t expect most normal dealerships to be all that affected by this. Basically Ford has moved to a more traditional allocation scheme. Sell more Fords, get more Fords. Have some more Bronco orders and normally expected, get a few more allocations. Grow the Bronco brand, get more Bronco brand. This change to the weighting of the factors no doubt screws over the few dealerships and customers at those dealerships that went to provide or receive a great deal with great communication on options and pricing. My opinion though is that I don’t think they were open and honest enough with delivery timelines. I don’t mean to say they were malicious with their intent, but that they may have bitten off more than they can chew. Many people have cautioned against this but were run off or berated here on the forums.

In the end, I hope that Ford changes their stance, but based on order window opening and scheduling to be started up shortly, I’m starting to think that ship has sailed and it just sucks for those of you caught up in this mess.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agreed - read between the lines … Ford is discouraging discounting off MSRP and discouraging discounting to grow business at the expense of other Ford dealers. Does Tesla discount? It’s the new business model.
At least Tesla does not charge ADM so there are no surprises at the end. Even when you have a written sales agreement with some Ford dealer's, they still try and screw you with last minute ADM.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Stellantis could actually get out of its own way and make a more reliable product, they would just murder Ford in this space. They have the interiors and finish pretty well nailed. Just need some reliable mechanics and electrical/computer systems. My Grand Cherokee Overland was one of the favorite cars I owned, ticked all the boxes, except the 6 months of the 2.5 years I owned it that it didn't work at all.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about those of us who placed our order with a small local dealer that didn't create a special deal to attract a large number of orders??? 🤬
Well..... according to the regular Ford apologists...that was your fault. You should've been able to predict the lying unaccountable corporate elites would move the goal posts time and time again.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bloviate is a great word. I need to use it more often.
Been using that one since my military days. Nothing worse than a First Sergeant that likes the sound if his/her own voice..
Sponsored