Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I don't.
In the modern world I COULD have my personal car QR/UPC, follow my car through manufacturing via WebCam Feeds, and have it personally delivered to my house at less than the mark up at the dealership.

"Dealerships" could all be converted to Repair and Maintenance Shops and it would not phase me one bit....

if US Auto had not bribed our lawmakers to create systems to force us to sit in a dealership for 2+ hours doing "4 boxes, saying no to undercoating, and asking the finance guy to fix the numbers back to the initialed agreement from the sales floor.
Go buy a Tesla :). They don't have dealerships. But when you want to buy a replacement battery or motor you cant.

I do agree there are issues, especially with American dealerships. At the end of the day, we are all advanced primates building things with stuff we dug out of the ground so I try to be reasonable.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmmm. Who knew that having everyone pick the same dealer was a bad idea. I'd rather support my local dealer.
Chapman is 25 minutes from my house and was the closest dealer even willing to commit to any price at all, let alone a discount. I got told "we'll determine market value when the truck arrives" or some variant thereof 6 different times. Why would I agree to pay an unknown amount of ADM vs 4% below invoice?
There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.
If I weren't in Chapman's backyard, I'd still have ordered there, because the 6 closest dealers were clueless about the car and their price. We don't all have the luxury of supporting our local dealer when our local dealer has zero interest in supporting us.

But, ya know, keep blaming the victims... we were "asking for it" right?

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
[/QUOTE
I’m wondering where Chapman falls in this allocation process. They’re a dealer offering discounts but at the same time I’m pretty sure they’re one of the larger Ford dealers in the Pennsylvania area.
Tom sent out a email stating they had around 100 allocations

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I must admit I was a bit put off by some of the $1,000-$2,000 dollar under invoice crowd. There was a certain amount of arrogance when one of them would browbeat another member for being so naive as to pay MSRP, or wanting a Bronco so badly as to pay an ADM because there was no one within a 100 miles charging MSRP. And I viewed the people saying they are there for the responsiveness and helpful nature of Granger (for example) as being akin to someone saying they only bought their penthouse magazine for the articles….does penthouse still print magazines? Might have aged myself.
But then I reached out to Zach, because of his reputation and my concern with price negotiations for my upcoming 2022 reorder, even though I’m not his customer, I have a feeling I will be in the future. Now I get it. I just wished Ford would get it…but they have proven to be a company void of integrity. They are never going to do the right thing because doing the right thing is counterintuitive to their current culture, and a leopard can’t change it’s spots.
Ford’s unethical treatment of these small dealerships trying to grow their businesses through old school work ethic and small town honesty and values doesn’t compute with Ford because they only see the bottom line. And the fact that they would, in effect, throw the baby out with the wash, and subject their own buyers (not customers) to collateral damage while trying to rein in small dealerships that dared to color outside the lines is a new level of bottom line appeasement and vindictiveness.
I have a day 1, 1st 10 minute reservation and a #1 mid-large dealership allocation without a VIN. I am going to my dealership tomorrow to renegotiate price for my reorder of a MY22 Bronco without any leverage because Ford apparently won’t allow us to transfer orders. I am not optimistic. And if things go south, I will have them 99 my 6:10pm mountain time #1 allocation order indefinitely and buy a Jeep from Zach.
I got my order transferred with the help of Mike Levine, Ford's Customer Communications Director. Try tweeting @mrlevine.

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford doesn't appreciate it when a dealer tries to "cheat" the allocation system, nor are they required to fulfill all their orders, just because they came up with some gimmick promotion to try and grow their business. Not really sure why anyone is surprised by any of this.

Great news, is that Ford allows you to transfer your reservation without losing your place in line, so you won't be stuck waiting til 2026 when Granger's 876th Bronco rolls through the lot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look, so far two dealers have earned my trust and a two others appear trustworthy so far. That would be Granger & Chapman have proven it to me directly and Stephens and Town and Country appear to do what they say.

Contrast that with the many others have proven untrustworthy, including military auto sales (MAS), although not nearly as badly as some like Moon TWP or worse.

If it were not for the fact that I was under a contract to purchase prior to learning that MAS would not honor their price match guarantee, my first Bronco would have likely been ordered through Granger or Chapman, KNOWING that it would be a longer wait, but that they were fair, transparent, and honest is what earned them my respect. It wasn't the price (my first Bronco is under MSRP), but I would NEVER do business with MAS again, period.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When questioned why Ford is no longer honoring their commitment to ship Broncos in approximate reservation order, Ford has started mentioning state laws. It is not just Levine, but other Ford representatives and statements to the press as well. It appears that Ford's lawyers have perhaps insisted on it. Does anybody know why?

Did the big dealer mafia find some arcane state laws to threaten Ford into giving them large allotments of dealer stock? Is it illegal in some states for Ford to knowingly facilitate inter-state auto sales? Is it a red herring?

1634225224487.png

This is the original Ford commitment. Ford has said that they no longer plan to honor these commitments. Ford has moved back to a traditional allocation model and there will now be massive disparities in the order that otherwise identical reservations are filled, and mass shipments of dealer stock will begin in 2022 while many Bronco reservations placed in 2020 at smaller dealers will no longer be eligible to receive a 2022 Bronco.
1634225387758.png
Ford justifying their shitty decision by saying "It's not illegal" isn't a strong position.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.
A few years back, I was looking to buy a Raptor. My small dealer back home where I had purchased my current truck tried to get another allocation to get me a Raptor, but they couldn't. He was going to sell it to me for under MSRP.

All the local dealers where I currently live who had Raptors on the lot were anywhere from $5K to $10K ADM. That right there showed me not to even consider these dealers when reserving my Bronco.

I reserved my Bronco with my small dealer back home. I was in their initial allocation for '21, then got bumped to '22 orders because of the hardtop debacle for the 2 doors. Seeing as the allocation changed for '22, I seriously doubt I'm even in their allocation for '22.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
The way I read that is that for 98% of customers, they will get their reservations before allocations. Granger attracted well over a thousand reservations without the ability to fill them in a timely manner. Mine was #861 or something. I received zero communications from Granger other than the "time to convert your res. to an order". No info given as to timeframe. Turns out that is 3 to 4 years. How is that doing anyone any good?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t see what the big deal is here. 98% will get their reservations filled by the end of 2022. The cost of getting $1-2k under invoice turns out to be a slightly longer wait. Everything is a gamble, sometimes it pays off and other times it doesn’t.
Replying to this just so we can all come back in a year and see how well this prediction turned out.

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not saying I’m against dealers like Granger, but if Ford was upfront about their allocation method, starting with 2021, then these dealers have no right to complain.

If they overshot their allocation by doing the types of deals they were, then they needed to be upfront with their reservation holders that they might not get filled in a timely fashion or pushed

Can someone verify that Ford dealers were given an allocation formula prior to 2021 launch?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least Tesla does not charge ADM so there are no surprises at the end. Even when you have a written sales agreement with some Ford dealer's, they still try and screw you with last minute ADM.
It’s tough for Ford to control pricing to the high end … the only way is to build vehicles quickly - there always seems to be some aHole who has to impress by being the first.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give Mike this, at least he's blunt/straight forward. Would you rather he give you some spin and not change at thing?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not saying I’m against dealers like Granger, but if Ford was upfront about their allocation method, starting with 2021, then these dealers have no right to complain.

If they overshot their allocation by doing the types of deals they were, then they needed to be upfront with their reservation holders that they might not get filled in a timely fashion or pushed

Can someone verify that Ford dealers were given an allocation formula prior to 2021 launch?
I think Ford was upfront … they had to react to the Grangers of their world? I am sure they reserve the right to change it at any time.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I made a comment months ago about how Granger was never going to be able to fill their orders for years to come and they should come out and tell their disciples the reality of the numbers.

I WAS ROASTED, ROASTED on this site from a few arrogant and nasty Grangerites. My comments were actually removed because I was arguing this exact scenario that is playing out right now.

Maybe this comment will be removed also. I learned you cant question a site sponsor, even if its true.

Good luck everyone!
Sponsored