First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not bragging about anything. I am pointing out that people made decisions that put themselves where they are.
Yep, except the people that made the decisions that put us here work for Ford. Gloating for winning a game where the rules change in the middle is not smart or prescient, it is dumb luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, except the people that made the decisions that put us here work for Ford. Gloating for winning a game where the rules change in the middle is not smart or prescient, it is dumb luck.
Yep. Imagine playing basketball and you're losing badly so halfway through you switch to golf scoring.
The told-ya-sos are blaming us for playing basketball, like they all knew all along we were playing golf (hint, they didn't)

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my order transferred with the help of Mike Levine, Ford's Customer Communications Director. Try tweeting @mrlevine.
What are the specifics? Did you move due to allocation? ADM? Did he mention the Ford customer service line? I can imagine he’ll be willing to personally help the 10’s of thousands of people that will be wanting to move their order.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just stopped in to my dealership, they had 200 orders and received 4 YTD Not sure if they are considered Large / Medium/ Small but seems like 2% is a rather small allocation. He said I should expect mine early 2022... reserve 2/2021 order 3/2021.
At that rate, I will have a bronco in 2121.
I haven't stated this yet, but for fact there are numerus large dealerships / large market who have hundreds of orders (more then 100) that barley have seen any delivered to this point and I am talking less then 20. Maybe the number gets a bit better the rest of 21 build out, but you get the point allocation isnt really the issue, but it just puts reservation holders with a timestamp behind the eightball more with these new 22 plans because now there is even a bigger backlog.

Oh and I went 161 miles out to get to a dealer that has fundamental skills in communication and commitment to actually work with a new order vs some dealer lot stock that they can sell on the spot.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t see what the big deal is here. 98% will get their reservations filled by the end of 2022. The cost of getting $1-2k under invoice turns out to be a slightly longer wait. Everything is a gamble, sometimes it pays off and other times it doesn’t.
I've not expected him to say anything different. It is unthinkable that Ford thinks it is fine for someone to place a reservation in 2020, an order in the spring of 2021, <repeat the steps of updating their order for 4 more years>, and then be happy that their Bronco is finally delivered in 2025.

What I would like to know is how he'll walk back the statement that those that have an order can transfer to another dealer and retain their original reservation timestamp. As many will attest, that isn't true. Ford Customer Service is not allowing transfer of reservations.

Without the option to transfer, existing reservation holders either stay in line at their current dealer and wait or get at the end of the line at a new dealer.
It is MSSRP - manufacturers strongly suggested retail price. Others charge ADM because they can get it.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You were roasted for providing information in direct 180° contrast to the promises Ford had made. You were right to be roasted then (as current information disputed you) and you are right to gloat now, as Ford has gone completely back on what they said.

Both things can be true, you can be wrong then and right now. You weren't predicting the future like you seem to be claiming, you took a guess with zero information. The fact that you got one right does not make you Nostradamus, but it does give you a certain leverage to feel holier than thou if you so choose to be the type of person who revels in the dismay of others.

Ehhh, well before anyone ordered and the initial allocation formula came out people here sounded the alarm on this causing long wait issues with the special discount dealers pretty clearly.

For example...this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...build-date-estimates.5793/page-38#post-206114

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He said "small dealers that offered a special deal". Not just "small dealers". That's a very small percentage of orders at large, like it or not. Why would Ford cater to 2% of reservation holders at the expense of their relationships with the dealers that give them more sales?

I get why people (particularly here where there is an outsized proportion of Granger orders) are upset...but if they've got a Granger order they're in the know enough here that they also should've understood that it was certainly not the quickest way to get a Bronco.
Read the history on this forum from last fall. Granger was playing by the given rules (along with several other dealer's) as did those of us who were encouraged to shop dealers and promised Broncos would be built by timestamp.
@Ford Motor Company changed the rules after the game started.

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not surprised. I dealt with the same kind of people in my second life. When they get that high in the food chain they couldn't care less about the customer. It also gives us a snapshot of the entire Ford leadership. Very sad, because at one time I was one of Ford's biggest Fanboys. Man do I feel the fool now.
That's the sad part.

Sponsored

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the history on this forum from last fall. Granger was playing by the given rules (asking with several other dealer's) as did those of us who were encouraged to shop dealers and promised Broncos would be built by timestamp.
@Ford Motor Company changed the rules after the game started.

I did read the history...this is from September:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...build-date-estimates.5793/page-38#post-206114

"Its the ones getting customers from all over the US that are going to end up with longer waits, big or little."

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmmm. Who knew that having everyone pick the same dealer was a bad idea. I'd rather support my local dealer. There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.
Ummmm, I could have reserved at my small hometown dealer, and pay a 5K ADM. Now with the new allocation that Bronco won't arrive until '23-'24. Or, I could have reserved at Granger, a small hometown dealer (in another town), and pay 2K under invoice. Now, with the new allocation that Bronco won't show up until '23-'24. So what's your point.........

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear Ford,
Due to your inability to build Broncos you sent me a price lock guarantee at 2021 prices. If you delay my order until 2023 to send stock units to mega dealers in 2022 you are costing yourself profits and giving it to those dealers instead. My price is locked, your prices from suppliers and inflation will climb. Are your stock holders ok with that? 🤔

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not expected him to say anything different. It is unthinkable that Ford thinks it is fine for someone to place a reservation in 2020, an order in the spring of 2021, <repeat the steps of updating their order for 4 more years>, and then be happy that their Bronco is finally delivered in 2025.

What I would like to know is how he'll walk back the statement that those that have an order can transfer to another dealer and retain their original reservation timestamp. As many will attest, that isn't true. Ford Customer Service is not allowing transfer of reservations.

Without the option to transfer, existing reservation holders either stay in line at their current dealer and wait or get at the end of the line at a new dealer.
I wonder which is shorter,:unsure:wait at small dealer or get in a new line at a larger one?

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nah I kicked one larger dealer to the curb for another large dealer that did better then MSRP. I would like to know what corporate mega group or groups feels they lost allocation over a couple small time short term dealers then pushed back to Ford.
I can think of 1 right off the bat...
Sheehy. THEY SUCK!
Sponsored