Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford isn’t doing that, then shame on them.

I have to imagine Ford dealers were given a number they would be allocated in total, whether they were reservations or stock orders.

However, if a dealer like Granger outsold their allocation, then they should have let their customers know, instead of banking hundreds of reservations they knew they could never fill.
Brother, basically every dealer outsold their allocations. Allocations are let quartly, and reserved units are spread out over those 4 quarters. If a dealer sold 10 Broncos, and his Q1 allocation was 3 then yes, he oversold that quarter, but the other seven will show up in the up coming quarters. I reserved late, and I knew with all of the information my dealer, and Ford was providing I would be lucky to get mine by late summer of '22 because of the number of reservations before me at that dealer (yes, Granger did inform me of thAnd, I was fine with that. And, I knew that I would get mine before any dealer stock units were built. But, now I'm looking at a possible '24 build date, with mega dealers building stock to sell to the average Joe that walks in off the street. Con you see where that would piss a person off that believed Ford would honor their promises?
Fords lie.png

I stated in another thread that I had learned/heard that same info (not from Ford Customer Service) but another Ford channel early this week, but I had no way to back it up, again Ford and their communication is bat plain crazy. It was specific to res holders who converted by the March 2021 deadline that those WOULD be built in 2022 which cant possibly follow the information on allocation communicated so far.

Doug, that right there just muddies the waters even more. Myself, and I will bet Tricia also converted our to order before that deadline. And, I'm still being told I'm looking at a 2024 build date. I'd just pull my hair out if I had any. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Levine was a little blunt, but people have been blowing him up for days. Don't the small dealers only hold about 2% of orders?

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your points are valid. I have said that I think all order holders, regardless of dealer, should be taken care of in 2022, so I don't think they should be punished in any respect. For the same reasons you enumerated above, I do also believe that when Dec 2022 rolls around, current order holders, and many new order holders will have a Bronco in their driveway.

I really think people make WAY to much of what somebody tweets and I think many, many people here have taken this most extreme and most pessimistic position on the issue, which is unhelpful. The sky is not falling, no matter what Bronco SJWs on the forum want to believe.
Mike Levine just said that for 2% of us, the sky IS falling.... that's the whole rub bub

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find me one local Ford dealer here in CO that is willing to commit to MSRP on a Bronco and tell you where you would stand in their orders/allocations. Until then, don't ride people for not supporting their local dealerships. There is a reason I flew to TX to buy my f150 and drive it home.

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the sate law bs talking point their using. Him and the bronco nation live. So all 50 states passed the same law dealing with allocations?
State laws govern allocations so that an OEM can't arbitrarily kill a dealer via cutting off supply. Generally, the rules say the allocation needs to be fairly applied and based on sound business reasons.

The takeaway here is that Ford likely got heavy pushback from litigious dealers who threatened Ford over the reservation system that transformed allocations from a largely volume-based calculation to a consumer choice calculation that Granger/others were able to successfully "hack". Granger can probably reach volume in a few years with a dedicated push to be a national-level dealer.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your points are valid. I have said that I think all order holders, regardless of dealer, should be taken care of in 2022, so I don't think they should be punished in any respect. For the same reasons you enumerated above, I do also believe that when Dec 2022 rolls around, current order holders, and many new order holders will have a Bronco in their driveway.

I really think people make WAY to much of what somebody tweets and I think many, many people here have taken this most extreme and most pessimistic position on the issue, which is unhelpful. The sky is not falling, no matter what Bronco SJWs on the forum want to believe.
From your mouth the the Ford Gods ears Pauly. But that certainly isn't what myself, Tricia, and others are being told.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The main reason I went with the Granger offer was that it was a no B.S. price. Every time I've bought a vehicle new, I look online, figure out what the solid low price people offer (typically in the neighborhood of invoice) and the first dealer that just says "yep, here it is" gets my business.

Now, I live in NM and both of our local Ford dealers are absolutely awful. One of them when I called about a Bronco said that they were planning to do a minimum of 10k ADM on all reservation holders. At least they were up front. There is one decent dealer, but they've been hit hard by the chip shortage, and aren't considered "volume dealer," so my guess is they are somewhat in the same boat as Granger. Long story short, I'm not buying a Bronco local.

Ford thinks by screwing Granger/SAC/etc. they can drive people to their buddies that own the big dealerships. Instead, what it is going to do is drive people to Jeep, or in my case I will probably decide to just stick with my 4runner until someone makes me go electric.

To me, this just fundamentally undermines that Ford dealers suck because Ford lets them. When one tries to behave better, they get punished.
Just remember, as I’ve been told dozens of times on this board, there’s absolutely NOTHING Ford can do to get their dealer network in line and this kind of thing happens to EVERY automaker.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many Broncos were allocated off the bat to Granger when the orders started? That’s the million dollar question. There HAD to be allocation methodology, which factored in reservations. No way dealers were given guaranteed unlimited reservations. There has to be a number they knew they would get.
Granger got 203 units allocated for 2021 for the shortened half-year run, and with slower start up speeds for manufacturing. They knew it, we knew it.

So why would anyone imagine that Ford would change the formula drastically enough for 2022 to only allocate 100 to 200 Broncos to Granger? If anything, it would be reasonable to expect at least double that 203 for the full 12-month year, and possibly more as MAP should be up to full production speed.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Find me one local Ford dealer here in CO that is willing to commit to MSRP on a Bronco and tell you where you would stand in their orders/allocations. Until then, don't ride people for not supporting their local dealerships. There is a reason I flew to TX to buy my f150 and drive it home.
The people who actually bought their Broncos at MSRP are acting like they did copious amounts of research, when really they just got lucky their dealership wasn't a bunch of assholes.

Guess what, I did my research. I spoke with my 6 closest in-state dealers, and decided on Chapman (who is only 25 minutes from my house, but is still another state. They are closer than some of the NJ dealers that refused a price commitment).

I'd gladly buy from Chapman at MSRP if it meant I'd get my Bronco sooner, but there is NO WAY IN HELL i'm going back to any of the 6 who told me "you'll pay market price when it arrives"

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But, now I'm looking at a possible '24 build date, with mega dealers building stock to sell to the average Joe that walks in off the street. Can you see where that would piss a person off that believed Ford would honor their promises?
Ok, so if I’m a big dealer, how is it ok for me to get penalized on my earned allocation because smaller dealers that outsold their fair share have to get their reservations first? No f’ing way I’d be ok with that.

Any way you look at it, someone is getting burnt.

In regards to reservations getting built first, they are still doing that. Granger won’t be getting stock units intil their reservations are filled.

I’m sorry, but Granger knew they would never be able to fill these reservations on time. And there is NO WAY they could expect to get preferential treatment over an established allocation system. They had to know this.

I feel for the reservation holders, but they had to know this would happen.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, so if I’m a big dealer, how is it ok for me to get penalized on my earned allocation because smaller dealers that outsold their fair share have to get their reservations first? No f’ing way I’d be ok with that.

In regards to reservations getting built first, they are still doing that. Granger won’t be getting stock units intil their reservations are filled.

I’m sorry, but Granger knew they would never be able to fill these reservations on time. And there is NO WAY they could expect to get preferential treatment over an established allocation system. They had to know this.

Had to know based on Ford telling them all reservations would be built before dealer stock? They didn't exactly mince words. Now you're telling us we're to blame because we didn't predict the future of Ford fucking us?

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granger got 203 units allocated for 2021 for the shortened half-year run, and with slower start up speeds for manufacturing. They knew it, we knew it.

So why would anyone imagine that Ford would change the formula drastically enough for 2022 to only allocate 100 to 200 Broncos to Granger? If anything, it would be reasonable to expect at least double that 203 for the full 12-month year, and possibly more as MAP should be up to full production speed.
I read they have 800+ reservations. That means even if they got double the allocation for 2022, there are STILL hundreds pushed out to 2023 or longer.

I would never place an order with them if I was told this in advance. That begs the question, did they tell people that?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People can keep repeating it to you but they can't understand it for you.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We didn't know it when we reserved, homie...and when we plunked down cash to reserve based on Ford saying clearly that they would be shipped in timestamp order (constraints controlled for), and that no dealer stock would be built before all reservations were filled.

Just keep your word @Ford Motor Company

You "plunked down" a fully refundable $100... And, you knew about allocations months before you ordered.
Sponsored