Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.
Yes. We knew the wait was MY22 and into MY23…. Not up to MY25. You see how this has become a problem now, yes? I don’t expect to jump orders from other dealers. I expected not to project out to 2025 because of high volume potentially high volume dealerships who don’t want to hustle for business. This change doesn’t just impact the dealers we’re talking about, it’s going to impact orders at many many smaller dealers throughout the country. Big dealers are getting their cut, plus dealer stock under the new changes.
Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the same way that TurboTax has removed the need for CPA's and tax accountants from the world.

Thought not apples to apples, there is a very real need for dealerships at this current time. Trying to remove the sales aspect from dealerships has unwanted and unintended consequences. Anyone trying to successfully have full-life vehicle ownership of a Tesla has experienced this. Removing the sales channel and outsourcing R&M is great for your bottom line but terrible for the customer. Tesla owners tolerate that because the car chose the owner. Now try that with a $18K entry-level beater car, doesn't work.
@Rick Astley, Not advocating a complete dismantling of the manufacturer/dealer/customer relationship, just utilizing technology to facilitate market disruption and end the dominance of a few players. As a consumer, I should choose my dealer however I want, regardless of location. If that is across state lines, the market should allow it. That competition should conceivably be better for all parties.

We have too many markets in too many industries when businesses collude with lobby groups, and lobby groups collude with politicians, and regulations and laws get passed that hurt the consumer and stunt small companies.

Having access to a good CPA and accountant is a must. TurboTax be damned.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

However, other stores that don’t have a nearly 1000 order list shouldn’t have to wait to get their allocated stock units until all those customer orders from small stores like Granger get filled. That’s not their problem.
How is it not their problem? They were given ample opportunity to treat their customers right and they failed, and you're saying they now deserve an allocation formula that basically says "if you didn't treat a single bronco customer right and never accepted a single reservation, that's okay, we'll give you 87.5% of the allocation weighting of someone who actually tried."

They are getting a B+ for showing up. Thought this was America. Thought effort got rewarded. 87.5% of the allocation formula having ZERO to do with how well they handle bronco reservations is the participation trophy of the automotive world.

If you didn't treat customers right and forced them into the arms of granger/SAC/chapman, you deserve to lose allocation. "How much?" you might ask... Well, what is that dealer's portion of 2400 estimated units over the course of 2 model years? For the top 100 dealers it's 3 cars a piece per year.

Oh my, what a huge punishment, 3 cars a year for 2 years. And evne less lost for the smaller guys? Just for Ford to service their most eager customers?

Oh yea, lets reward the dealers with stock units FIRST, and then punish the early adopters and dealers looking to stretch their legs and make some deals.

fuck that.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley, As a consumer, I should choose my dealer however I want, regardless of location. If that is across state lines, the market should allow it.
How is this denied to you now?

The largest issues with out of state sales is the regulatory compliance over state taxing authorities and their individual licensing agencies.

If we're only speaking anecdotally, the only state in the US that I've ever claimed residence in is Washington and I've purchased cars through finance or cash in: Texas, Idaho, Montana, Indiana, California, Oregon, Washington and also Canada. 100% of which were licensed here in Washington and able to operate legally on public roads.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we think that MAP will return to 100% capacity. I can't be the only one who thinks all we will see are AT 4-door Big Bends with soft-tops.
With hundreds of cargo ships sitting idle in harbors across this country the likelihood of MAP being 100% is very low. Even if 100% of the Bronco is made in the US witch it isn't. Ford will have issues getting products delivered in a timely manner. There will be more shortages on materials the rest of the year and well into 2022 if not 2023.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not reading through 30 pages but the reality is nobody here knows the whole allocation story, nobody. And I fully expect this next point to get lost in this thread as it continues to spiral its way out of control and into a virtual riot. Yes, we know the formula has changed, we know the "first run of production" allocations and we know that Mike L must be, has to be, the villain to our protagonist. But what else do we know? How long is that "first run of production?" What capacity of production will MAP be running at? How long does MAP take to ramp up production when starting a new MY?

The truth is, we don't know what we don't know. We have only just begun to read chapter 1 of the MY22 saga and everyone thinks they got the ending all figured out. The next couple sets of allocations will tell a much bigger part of the story and a twist worthy of M Night Shyamalan would not surprise me in the least.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is this denied to you now?

The largest issues with out of state sales is the regulatory compliance over state taxing authorities and their individual licensing agencies.

If we're only speaking anecdotally, the only state in the US that I've ever claimed residence in is Washington and I've purchased cars through finance or cash in: Texas, Idaho, Montana, Indiana, California, Oregon, Washington and also Canada. 100% of which were licensed here in Washington and able to operate legally on public roads.
Not that you can’t do it, but the system is geared towards purchasing locally. I say be done with it.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally, someone answered the question because honestly I didn’t know. My questions weren’t out of sarcasm.

If you knew the line was long, then you have to wait. I don’t see why many have a problem with that. If you knew, still did the deal, then fine. I have no issue with that.

What ever happened to filling orders based on time stamps and constraints, not dealership size or number of orders.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 7/13 with Granger, no vin. Talked to a large local dealer, he said stay there. Allocations are not my issues it's my build

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's worse is Mike keeps saying on twitter to simply change your dealer to another dealer, but if you've already converted your reservation to an order you can't switch. Ford literally has no idea what they're doing.
There is so many things to say, but in it's simplest form; Mike is an moron. If these decisions were good for business, but bad for a small group of customers I would say he was just a jerk.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With hundreds of cargo ships sitting idle in harbors across this country the likelihood of MAP being 100% is very low. Even if 100% of the Bronco is made in the US witch it isn't. Ford will have issues getting products delivered in a timely manner. There will be more shortages on materials the rest of the year and well into 2022 if not 2023.
Very true, but why is it that Ford is affected by years and I can order a Jeep Rubicon tomorrow and be driving it in less than 100 days? Ford is doing something wrong here.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to place doubt on anyone but the formula that Granger posted a few days ago...has anyone actually seen this in a direct message from Ford? or is it hearsay from Granger after speaking to someone with Ford? just wondering how official this formula is...cause I have not seen anything from them yet. But I may have missed this transmission from them. haha

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to place doubt on anyone but the formula that Granger posted a few days ago...has anyone actually seen this in a direct message from Ford? or is it hearsay from Granger after speaking to someone with Ford? just wondering how official this formula is...cause I have not seen anything from them yet. But I may have missed this transmission from them. haha
Levine said this: “That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.”

I’d call that consistent with punishing those 2% of customers. People in this thread say he didn’t say this, but it’s a freakin quote people. Ford is punishing Granger and their customers because they offered a special deal. He can’t say it more plainly.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not reading through 30 pages but the reality is nobody here knows the whole allocation story, nobody. And I fully expect this next point to get lost in this thread as it continues to spiral its way out of control and into a virtual riot. Yes, we know the formula has changed, we know the "first run of production" allocations and we know that Mike L must be, has to be, the villain to our protagonist. But what else do we know? How long is that "first run of production?" What capacity of production will MAP be running at? How long does MAP take to ramp up production when starting a new MY?

The truth is, we don't know what we don't know. We have only just begun to read chapter 1 of the MY22 saga and everyone thinks they got the ending all figured out. The next couple sets of allocations will tell a much bigger part of the story and a twist worthy of M Night Shyamalan would not surprise me in the least.
I don't give one shit about Mike L. I just want Ford to stick to there original promise of building and shipping Broncos based on timestamps, restraints and you can choose or change your dealer at any time before your order has been placed thats all.
Sponsored