First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.
Shockingly, your "thinking" is wrong.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More of my thoughts.

It is only an in demand vehicle because of Ford. If they had started producing when they said they would and no MIC problems than these things are already on the road in big numbers. We would be talking about dealer stock starting to show up, So Ford screw ups allow the dealer rip offs. Now they want to reward some of these dealers with more Broncos.

This wil be a massed produced vehicle. In two years you can show up at the lot and probably get some discounts. Unfortunately some dude off the street may purchase one at a Granger deal before someone at Granger is next up.

If Ford wanted to go to a reservation system then they needed to provide some price protection. Reservations and allocations aren't mixing well together. Why not say no dealer above MSRP and no dealer below invoice?

The ONLY reason I was in a hurry to get my reservation in was because of reservation builds before stock. I spent four hours pouring over everything before reserving. I thought, Oh hell I better get this in or it will be a long wait. (Unfortunately a lot of time was wasted believing what model I reserved is what I would end up with so called both my brothers and had them on the B&P before placing it.

Because we all may have been in a hurry there were a lot of reservations within the first couple of days. Ford was very proud to announce this. Did it help or hurt their futures? I feel it has been a bait and switch at this point. They got me to reserve early, hyped the hell out of the numbers and then changed before delivering.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shockingly, your "thinking" is wrong.
So every customer from these dealers was told that there is a lot of risk in buying a Bronco from them? And that there was a good chance from day one that they might not get a Bronco until 2025? If that's true kudos to the dealers, but not sure why people would be mad then if they knew going in that there was high risk.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I ordered a Bronco from Granger, I would have saved about $1400 off MSRP ($1000 off invoice and invoice is about $400 less than MSRP). I got an F-150 for $8700 off MSRP in April from my local dealer.

Granger's "deal" isn't earth shattering. The fact that they are transparent, and actually communicate with their customers is far, far, more important to a lot of folks.

By the time you add in shipping, some of Granger's customers will be effectively paying more than MSRP. But those customers chose to do so because of service and transparency. Zach has been completely up front with everyone this entire time. Just trying to talk with my local folks is... maddening.

It may be a trim and options difference but I'll be saving about $4,000 off MSRP by going with Granger. ≈$59K msrp vs ≈$55K Invoice - $1K.

I do have the advantage of it being only about a 3 hr drive so shipping isn't a factor.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And that there was a good chance from day one that they might not get a Bronco until 2025?
I don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse or not. I'm past caring.

Sponsored

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on allocation, they had a close idea of what to expect they would get and sold way beyond that amount. That's why people are calling them out. They should have done something like first 500 get this offer.
But it was supposed to be a reservation-based system. It was specifically supposed to move away from the allocation and dealer-stock system. They published news stories about this premise.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did a search: How many Ford locations are there in the United States in 2021? There are 3,005 Ford locations in the United States as of September 28, 2021.

On this site it says 700-800 per day when 75% are Bronco, but we know that hasn't happen, so if they produce 10,000 -15,000 per month depending on the supply chain how many have been produced to date?

Let's for easy math sake, say it's 60,000 to date... I don't think they even got there yet (give me the real numbers if you have them). But for simple math, that's only an average of 20 units per dealer, there is no way a larger dealer with a great deal of lobbying power and money is going to let smaller dealers take any of their allotment. Ford may be taking the hit publicly wise, but in reality it's those dealers that are forcing Ford to shut down Garger's pipeline of what they think is their allotment due to Garger using the reservations system to sell units that they didn't already have, own or have any control over.

Ganger would need 40 units a week to fill 800 reservations in a year, that's full time job at a large metro dealer, did they really think a truck was going to show up at their dealership every day with Broncos while driving by every other dealer screaming for units?
First, add a 3rd shift, second, look at my previous post.

15k Broncos/Month
80% production to reservation holders - regardless of dealership - excess production to stock.
20% production to Dealer Stock Allocation - per the formula Ford/Dealer Cabal want.

12k Broncos per month x 12 months = 144k Broncos/cleared backlog in 1 year.
3k Broncos per month x 12 months = 36k Broncos to divide between 3k dealers (average 12/year).
Big dealers might get 36 or more/year, small dealers might get 2/year. However, this can be fairly done. 2 Broncos x 3000 dealers is only 6 k of the 36k stock orders.

This is the best way Ford could resolve this and piss the fewest people off. We don't know where in the queue reservation holders at various dealers are, and honestly, it doesn't matter. Bigger dealers are more likely to have large numbers over smaller dealers, save a few outliers. Many reservation holders, like myself at Granger are mid-2021 reservations.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s unreasonable to say Ford does not care about these customers.

I think it is reasonable to say that Ford Motor Company would be perfectly happy if 500-1000 of their smallest dealers would give up on selling Fords forever.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mentioned this in a thread the other day, but I don't see anyone else talking about how the Grangers/Chapman/SAC should of really been telling their customers that there was risk in signing up with them. They've been around for a long time and understand how the dealer systems work so there is no way that they didn't think there was risk with this.

The old saying "It seems to good to be true" holds pretty strongly here, like how did everyone that ordered with these dealers think that they would get their vehicles quickly and that there was no risk. Even if they kept the old allocation model for this year (which they never said they would when they released lasts years) there would probably still be lots of people waiting because they line is so long.

Everyone keeps saying that these dealers have been the only ones being 100% honest with them, yet I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.

I know some people will jump in here and say that this process is new so there is no way they could of known, but that's just false, these dealers took a risk offering these massive sales so that they could sell a shit ton of vehicles in the name of "being fair to the customer".

Does it suck for all of the customers at these dealers, absolutely. Am I supporting Ford in how they are handling it, no. Does it suck that these dealers sales technique didn't pay off, yeah, but high risk comes with high reward. I just don't see how so many people didn't see this coming.
How many people do you need to hear it from?!? I have no affiliation with Granger other than I placed a reservation in mid-2021 with them for a Bronco. They did all that and more, they were completely straight forward and honest with me and many other people.

Just stop with the BS.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, add a 3rd shift, second, look at my previous post.

15k Broncos/Month
80% production to reservation holders - regardless of dealership - excess production to stock.
20% production to Dealer Stock Allocation - per the formula Ford/Dealer Cabal want.

12k Broncos per month x 12 months = 144k Broncos/cleared backlog in 1 year.
3k Broncos per month x 12 months = 36k Broncos to divide between 3k dealers (average 12/year).
Big dealers might get 36 or more/year, small dealers might get 2/year. However, this can be fairly done. 2 Broncos x 3000 dealers is only 6 k of the 36k stock orders.

This is the best way Ford could resolve this and piss the fewest people off. We don't know where in the queue reservation holders at various dealers are, and honestly, it doesn't matter. Bigger dealers are more likely to have large numbers over smaller dealers, save a few outliers. Many reservation holders, like myself at Granger are mid-2021 reservations.
This feels perfectly logical and fair to me. I don't know if the NADA can handle seeing a larger number outside their control though. And they're the ones making things happen right now.

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got a call back from Granger. Basically my res. with them is #861 or something and I couldn't expect a Bronco for 3 to 4 years at the current rate. Needless to say I moved the order to my local dealer at MSRP.
I’m still trying to sort how an actual order is moved to another dealer. Reservations, sure. But we have to tweet Levine to move an order? Has anyone else been able to transfer an order? Does the reservation time stamp go with it?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did a search: How many Ford locations are there in the United States in 2021? There are 3,005 Ford locations in the United States as of September 28, 2021.

On this site it says 700-800 per day when 75% are Bronco, but we know that hasn't happen, so if they produce 10,000 -15,000 per month depending on the supply chain how many have been produced to date?

Let's for easy math sake, say it's 60,000 to date... I don't think they even got there yet (give me the real numbers if you have them). But for simple math, that's only an average of 20 units per dealer, there is no way a larger dealer with a great deal of lobbying power and money is going to let smaller dealers take any of their allotment. Ford may be taking the hit publicly wise, but in reality it's those dealers that are forcing Ford to shut down Garger's pipeline of what they think is their allotment due to Garger using the reservations system to sell units that they didn't already have, own or have any control over.

Ganger would need 40 units a week to fill 800 reservations in a year, that's full time job at a large metro dealer, did they really think a truck was going to show up at their dealership every day with Broncos while driving by every other dealer screaming for units?
It was averaging 820 per day in August 2021, that was "first month of full speed production on 2 (not 3) shifts. 3 Shifts would be around 1200/day.

1200/day x 6 days x 50 weeks = 360,000 Broncos
So let's assume another 12 weeks (1 per month down)
1200/day x 6 days x 38 weeks = 273,600 Broncos
Even running at only 600 units per day x 6 days x 38 weeks = 136,800.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The old saying "It seems to good to be true" holds pretty strongly here, like how did everyone that ordered with these dealers think that they would get their vehicles quickly and that there was no risk. ...

Everyone keeps saying that these dealers have been the only ones being 100% honest with them, yet I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.
I've been having these same thoughts all throughout this situation. It always sounded too good to be true as far as the pricing and allocations these dealers were getting that anyone could jump in on. The pendulum always swings farthest before it goes the other way and this seems to be the far end with what ford intended. The original Ford allocation model probably didn't factor in a small dealer taking advantage of and exploiting a model through discounts to get a dramatically different allocation than expected with their size. I also don't know or think the dealer understood the risk of ford changing the model with the game they were playing. The fact that people are so surprised is what's most surprising.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m still trying to sort how an actual order is moved to another dealer. Reservations, sure. But we have to tweet Levine to move an order? Has anyone else been able to transfer an order? Does the reservation time stamp go with it?
Who knows. I think the policy is changing for MY21 res. holders to allow them to change, but just hasn't trickled through. You are right in your question, if this is policy that's what they should tell you when you call the customer support number and not get the message of doom for the Valkyrie on duty.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of reading in this one to catch up on. Anyone still defending this dirtbag?
Some are blaming Granger, Stephens, Chapman which is essentially the same thing in my book.
Sponsored