First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those numbers are so irrelevant to the supply issues at hand... and the ships waiting outside of every port with goods to unload... AND the logistics of adding more employees when just months ago they were shut down and employees don't just appear fully trained and ready to work today, yesterday or tomorrow, so you can add another shift.

You can make up what every numbers you want, even when using simple statistics you MUST use retaliative data and Ford doesn't have the ability to just add a third shift. OR build every order as ordered or they would; damn if you understood the hours it's taking engineers to figure out how to build 800 units a day with all of the supply issues you might then understand.

For fuck's shake... I'm getting sick of people just making up numbers and assuming a major company is dumber then them... OH WHY DIDN'T we think to add a third shift so we can sell more units and make more money?

That's why I asked for any real numbers known, NOT your bullshit estimates of what they should be able to do... if they could they would!
Where was I making up numbers. Have you not been paying attention the last few weeks when they scheduled an absolute shit ton of vehicles. The can do 820 a day average, because they did that the 1st week of August. Do you think that Ford is going to sit around and not address the logistical problems while keeping their thumbs firmly in their ass?!?

They have the ability and the capability to add a third shift, if and when they want. You may be correct in that maybe all the logistical issues are not yet hammered out, but how long do you expect them to screw it up?

By the way, FORD The UAW said they had the capability to go to three shifts... Not me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/ford-begins-shipping-bronco-suvs-for-consumers-.html
June 15th 2021 - "Michigan Assembly is currently running on two of three shifts with 3,000 employees, including 2,800 hourly United Auto Workers members. Union leaders for the plant are optimistic the vehicle will be a hit, pushing Ford to add a third shift to the facility, which also produces the midsize Ranger pickup. "
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its all just so fucked up. WTF did Ford even have a reservation system for the Bronco? Right now it's worth absolutely nothing. Five or six years to be able to take delivery (without paying $60 to $100K) to me anyway, is the same as not having a reservation, an order or anyting. Its worthless. Yeah & I do feel totally screwed over by Ford & the way they lead everyone on.
How many Broncos do think would have been sold at or below MSRP (Invoice) if the reservation system wasn't in place? It wasn't perfect but it did help 30,000 people get one.

AND before you say it, you don't know how many paid over MSRP, we're a small sample of the total sold and delivered.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stephens really shouldn't be in the same category as Granger. Stephens had a little over 300 reservations as of Dec 2020 when the first indications of allocations came out. They received 109 allocations out of the 300 plus reservations. At this time they have been delivered or in production over 50% of their allocations. They are also the number one fleet sale dealer in WV. They do not think they will be hurt much at all by the new allocation formula. Their website was completely honest describing their deal. They would have no reason to say anyone is at risk placing their order. Maybe go through the SAC thread and read all the communication from them? Nobody with a SAC reservation and order is that worried about 2022.
I only said that about Stephens because someone in here said to go to their website and it laid everything out when I brought up risk. Whether they are at risk as much Granger is a different story. The whole point is just that the dealers have dealt with the allocation system forever and so they should know that there was risk in piling orders on. It would make sense for Stephens to not have as much risk as Granger since their order numbers are much lower.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

emphasis caps when read.

Do any of you even hear yourselves? WHAAA, I have to wait for my Bronco because Ford fucked me. Let's forget about the pandemic and all the people not in a first world country, I WANT MY BRONCO NOW! I'm a privileged American and I deserve my Bronco NOW BECAUSE FORD FUCKED UP during a pandemic... BUT STILL I DEServe... what i want... even when others are... suffering.

There are 100s of container ships off of all of the ports combined, but WHERE'S MY BRONCO GARGER SAID I WOULD get one!

God damn listen to yourselves! These are not normal times and your acting like a bunch of entitled babies... no wonder so many hate us Americans.
Your mask fell off while you were screaming bro.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where was I making up numbers. Have you not been paying attention the last few weeks when they scheduled an absolute shit ton of vehicles. The can do 820 a day average, because they did that the 1st week of August. Do you think that Ford is going to sit around and not address the logistical problems while keeping their thumbs firmly in their ass?!?

They have the ability and the capability to add a third shift, if and when they want. You may be correct in that maybe all the logistical issues are not yet hammered out, but how long do you expect them to screw it up?

By the way, FORD said they had the capability to go to three shifts... Not me.
Every day they can run a third shift with both employees and parts available, but those in charge just of the company decide to build less units?

JUST to piss you off?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A year ago only Albert and Zach were posting here. I don't believe either of them got mad at you and posted to you to mind your own business.
Yes, it was one or the other. I don't recall which one. I think they were op in the thread, so I went elsewhere as was suggested. I believe I was asking how they expected to fill so many reservations, pretty much the same as just hit the fan and they didn't like that. Most came to their defense with the honesty and transparency line that we hear all the time here.
I'm not sure if it was in the same thread or not, but I asked if people thought some of the posters reserving were shills or not. A few thought possibly. What made me say that was I happened to notice 3 in a row, all with only a few posts. One was his very first post going on with the honesty and transparency line and that got me thinking.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Am I crazy? Allocations were apart of the big picture for as long as I can remember. Even when I was strongly considering switching to grainger. I was worried my wait would become much longer because of it. Were many of you just not around the forum back then?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every day they can run a third shift with both employees and parts available, but those in charge just of the company decide to build less units?

JUST to piss you off?
What makes you think that I am pissed off? I was suggesting ways to make this work on ~600 units per day, which is certainly well within the capabilities of the MAP plant. Constraints may be an issue, but maybe you haven't been paying attention to how many BB Softtops have rolled off the line!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your mask fell off while you were screaming bro.
Funny, but you don't know me and I'm far from that... but it's ok I don't need you to validate me; but I do understand logistics and production schedules and we are screaming about a luxury item.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't call the dealers dirtbags. That's a bit much. They just took a risk that didn't pay off. They got got.
Ooh no, Levine is the subject of my discontent, not the dealers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stephens really shouldn't be in the same category as Granger. Stephens had a little over 300 reservations as of Dec 2020 when the first indications of allocations came out. They received 109 allocations out of the 300 plus reservations. At this time they have been delivered or in production over 50% of their allocations. They are also the number one fleet sale dealer in WV. They do not think they will be hurt much at all by the new allocation formula. Their website was completely honest describing their deal. They would have no reason to say anyone is at risk placing their order. Maybe go through the SAC thread and read all the communication from them? Nobody with a SAC reservation and order is that worried about 2022.
I think Stephens will end up with 85 2021s built. I believe initial allocation was like 78 then they got a 100+ figure, so it's a tad lower. I'm very early 7/14 so I feel good but anybody after that day should be concerned a bit.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What makes you think that I am pissed off? I was suggesting ways to make this work on ~600 units per day, which is certainly well within the capabilities of the MAP plant. Constraints may be an issue, but maybe you haven't been paying attention to how many BB Softtops have rolled off the line!
Your 100% correct! Perfect point!

Kudos for you to point out my flaw, they build all these units (with parts on hand) why can't they build that many everyday?

Supply of parts v. other parts. It isn't only about the lack of hardtops, so soft tops solved that problem for a while and they had the other parts. But every day there are new supply problems and your saying every day should be 3 shifts of full production. I'm saying some days they can't, and many people in production engineering and management have to consider that.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only said that about Stephens because someone in here said to go to their website and it laid everything out when I brought up risk. Whether they are at risk as much Granger is a different story. The whole point is just that the dealers have dealt with the allocation system forever and so they should know that there was risk in piling orders on. It would make sense for Stephens to not have as much risk as Granger since their order numbers are much lower.
Okay but your statement basically implied people were at risk going with them and it wasn't stated in their website. Their numbers don't reflect the risk at all. They didn't get the numbers Granger did so of course their orders aren't at risk like Granger. You implied they were less than honest about reserving with them without knowing what is actually happening at SAC. I had to call it out.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's supposed to be one line. Reservations. Reservation #1 to Reservation #150,000.

It's not a Granger line, and a galpin line, and a Chapman line, and a Smith Ford line.

The expectation, and promise by Ford, was to fill that line, commodities allowing, in order. Stock allocations should come where that's not possible. Like all of the soft-top Big Bends that they can build in between what was reserved, and buildable.
Exactly, I couldn’t agree more… the root of the issue is that Ford introduced a direct to customer reservation system where customers are paying Ford directly ($100) for an Opportunity to purchase the vehicle before it’s available at dealer lots. Make no mistake the dealership system sucks and I would be the first in line to say its time for it to go. But the dealer did not make this promise, Ford did.

its Ford’s line…and it shouldn’t matter what dealer you got it from. BTW I’m expecting to get my Bronco in a couple weeks (in transit) and yet I feel bad that people from week 1 reservations might not even get theirs in 2022. That’s not right.
Sponsored