Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Stephens will end up with 85 2021s built. I believe initial allocation was like 78 then they got a 100+ figure, so it's a tad lower. I'm very early 7/14 so I feel good but anybody after that day should be concerned a bit.
I see you over on the SAC site. I'm 7/14 @1600. We will get built in 2022. I think they will pull enough allocations to get through the 300 plus they had as of Dec 2020. 300 - 85 = 215. That's about 18 a month. I don't see them not getting those numbers. They hit 80% of allocations delivered in 2021 and some dealers can't get a single built Bronco built. I think Ford kinda likes SAC.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see you over on the SAC site. I'm 7/14 @1600. We will get built in 2022. I think they will pull enough allocations to get through the 300 plus they had as of Dec 2020. 300 - 85 = 215. That's about 18 a month. I don't see them not getting those numbers. They hit 80% of allocations delivered in 2021 and some dealers can't get a single built Bronco built. I think Ford kinda likes SAC.
I like the way you think! I'm just hoping for Spring. I don't care to drive WV in winter with my luck and mid summer in Alabama is a no go for no top driving, haha.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stephens really shouldn't be in the same category as Granger. Stephens had a little over 300 reservations as of Dec 2020 when the first indications of allocations came out. They received 109 allocations out of the 300 plus reservations. At this time they have been delivered or in production over 50% of their allocations. They are also the number one fleet sale dealer in WV. They do not think they will be hurt much at all by the new allocation formula. Their website was completely honest describing their deal. They would have no reason to say anyone is at risk placing their order. Maybe go through the SAC thread and read all the communication from them? Nobody with a SAC reservation and order is that worried about 2022.
agreed

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay but your statement basically implied people were at risk going with them and it wasn't stated in their website. Their numbers don't reflect the risk at all. They didn't get the numbers Granger did so of course their orders aren't at risk like Granger. You implied they were less than honest about reserving with them without knowing what is actually happening at SAC. I had to call it out.
My original post didn't call Stephens out directly I was just responding to this thread that states Granger/Chapman/SAC.

My main point has simply been that taking on larger than the norm orders brings risk and that the dealers that brought in order number way above what they normally sell should have been pointing out to customers that there was risk. If they dealer has manageable numbers there is little worry, if they have extreme numbers the risk goes up.

Every time I've pointed that out I get jumped on saying I'm an idiot and that the dealers have been completely transparent and that I shouldn't be saying that. If the dealers have truly been pointing out that risk then great, I'm glad they are being honest with you. If they haven't then that's on the dealer and you haven't been told everything they know.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your 100% correct! Perfect point!

Kudos for you to point out my flaw, they build all these units (with parts on hand) why can't they build that many everyday?

Supply of parts v. other parts. It isn't only about the lack of hardtops, so soft tops solved that problem for a while and they had the other parts. But every day there are new supply problems and your saying every day should be 3 shifts of full production. I'm saying some days they can't, and many people in production engineering and management have to consider that.
I seem to recall @PREMiERdrum say they are running two 12 hour shifts. How do you squeeze in a 3rd shift?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Stephens will end up with 85 2021s built. I believe initial allocation was like 78 then they got a 100+ figure, so it's a tad lower. I'm very early 7/14 so I feel good but anybody after that day should be concerned a bit.
I 99'd my order for the color match top, so I'm helping you get to the top of the list.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the way you think! I'm just hoping for Spring. I don't care to drive WV in winter with my luck and mid summer in Alabama is a no go for no top driving, haha.
I live in Ohio. Snow isn't even a thought for me. My son is in the Navy. He rents a house in Suffolk, VA with a kid from Alabama. As soon as there is even a light dusting my son has to drive him around.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reason I'm saying what I'm saying is simple: If you need a car today, buy a car today, but if your able to wait months for a vehicle it's a luxury and buy it or don't.

If unhappy, just go buy something else.

Otherwise if it's more important that you get Bronco than being treated the way you want to be treated than you are your own enemy getting all upset and maybe you should just go buy something else.

200,000 people want one, if the wait is too long or unhappy buy something else. Your not getting a Bronco tomorrow are you?

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current landscape would look a lot different if Ford would have offered xplan on the Bronco.

That was most likely nixed by the same advisory group that wanted priority builds, a lower customer match threshold and the continuous tweaks to the res/allocation system.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use to audit dealership for the banks you dumbass so I probably know more than you. And don't ever put words in my mouth I don't loathe Americans, but I do HATE people who think they are better than everyone else because they think they are special.

But don't even fucking say that to a vet you asshole! You don't know me or my sacrifices!
My Dood.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean, fuck it. If this pissing match isn’t resolved soon (not holding my breath), this company can’t have my $65,000 (or my $85,000 next time.) And a predatory dealer sure as shit can’t have a bonus $20k for being greasy. My BUCKIN vanity plates (I knew it was a bad idea, lol) will look asinine on a 4Runner, but whatever. I was patient while forgiving launch snafus, imperfect production issues and pandemic setbacks but BYEEEEE with these dealer games. Man, remember when we’re were upset about the interior colors? 😔

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Send an email and they will tell you although John may be a bit busy right now. I have been holding off finding my new place in line because I don't want to be a pain in the ass.
Yeah poor John, i wonder how many of us tried emailing him our builds pdfs all at the same time.

I'm just afraid to know my place in line, don't want to be disappointed. Fatigued from waiting 5+ years for this already. Just gonna keep saving up cash till my need for a vehicle outweighs my will to keep waiting.
Might end up buying somebody elses junk and driving around in a s**tbox for another couple years.

Not gonna lie, ive been looking at those old family vans. The ones with the 250 super duty or ram engines and the curtains all up in the windows. People like converting those to 4wd, lifting, and throwing all terrains on em. One went up for sale on craigslist near me last year (before i had a kid) and it sold for $7000. It was MINT. whoever bought it then, if they didnt f it up, could sell it for a profit now.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs