PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the end of the day, It's not about @Granger Ford, @StephensAutoCenter, or @DealerInsider. It's about the end user, which is us. They reached out, embraced this community and came in with a new business plan for the digital age. Honest and forthright. They earned our trust, and we all appreciate them. @Ford Motor Company apparently can't handle the new age. Henry Ford, a great innovator is turning over in his grave because of the short sightnedness of the folks currently in charge of what he built.

We were told that reservations/orders would be built before dealer stock at day 1. Build the build able reservations/orders before you build a single dealer stock order. Keep sucking off the big dealers @Ford Motor Company, it is leading you down the road to the past, not the future...

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I remember when the new 300ZX came out. The owner of our dealership was honest so we never marked up over MSRP. There were dealers that were discounting them and they were allocated by a similar formula. I would tell customers that wanted a discount that I could sell them one for a dollar because they would never see it. I would sell them one at list and actually knew it would be delivered. The system was well known but there were dealers that would take orders with zero guarantee they could ever deliver. It was called " taking them out of the market". They would hope that they could find extra allocation at some point and have the cars sold in advance. Nothing has changed. Been there, done that.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
It seems that Ford is doing everything they can to keep from delivering their popular Bronco's.
1. They introduced the Bronco Sport first when everybody knew that it was not where the consumer interest was focused. Let's force them to buy what they don't want and burn supply chain resources to do so.
2. They announced they were going to take Bronco to European market while orders are back logged here and thousands are still unfilled.
3. Ford then came out with a new allocation process that is obviously focused on profits instead of simply delivering what has already been promised.
4. Mike Levine is making public statements that seem to be contrary to order holders who just simply want to support Ford in this new product launch.
5. Ford can blame Corvid, the chip shortage, the supply chain problems such as the hard tops, but they simply have not delivered when it was with-in their means to do so.
6. I am still hanging in there for a Bronco, but have already decided to purchase a Tundra over an F 150. I have been a past loyal customer who feels like Ford see me as a pawn piece.
At what point do we just say no thanks Ford!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone claims they are with these dealers because of their "no BS", but I'd be willing to place a pretty large bet that most of the orders through them were placed because they were offered a lower price. That's it, end of story, they are a business and they are trying to make money. Now they may have treated you all really well so far and that's great, but they are just trying to be a successful business at the end of the day.
I see you are from Michigan. Interesting.

Is this comment supposed to make us feel shame for wanting a fair price? It doesn't.

Is it supposed to hint at possible future issues we may face with Stephens? You said "they may have treated you well so far..." Nice appeal to emotion. You should probably wonder why it makes you emotional enough to write this paragraph. We who use logos instead of pathos realize that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

You go ahead and keep your smug condescension. It is not going to gain you friends in this forum, though.

We were told that reservations/orders would be built before dealer stock at day 1. Build the build able reservations/orders before you build a single dealer stock order. Keep sucking off the big dealers @Ford Motor Company, it is leading you down the road to the past, not the future...
This is the part that irks me the most.

The great Florida Bronco mark up is being documented all over this forum. As I have stated earlier, there was one in Crystal River for $90k (4D obx). Someone posted a 2d Wildtrak for almost $70k.

When dealers get stock Broncos here, they are going to go for way over msrp.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mentioned this in a thread the other day, but I don't see anyone else talking about how the Grangers/Chapman/SAC should of really been telling their customers that there was risk in signing up with them. They've been around for a long time and understand how the dealer systems work so there is no way that they didn't think there was risk with this.

The old saying "It seems to good to be true" holds pretty strongly here, like how did everyone that ordered with these dealers think that they would get their vehicles quickly and that there was no risk. Even if they kept the old allocation model for this year (which they never said they would when they released lasts years) there would probably still be lots of people waiting because they line is so long.

Everyone keeps saying that these dealers have been the only ones being 100% honest with them, yet I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.

I know some people will jump in here and say that this process is new so there is no way they could of known, but that's just false, these dealers took a risk offering these massive sales so that they could sell a shit ton of vehicles in the name of "being fair to the customer".

Does it suck for all of the customers at these dealers, absolutely. Am I supporting Ford in how they are handling it, no. Does it suck that these dealers sales technique didn't pay off, yeah, but high risk comes with high reward. I just don't see how so many people didn't see this coming.
Agree, but there was a different allocation formula out when they offered these deals. The whole reason they offered them was to boost their 2022 bronco allocation then ford changed it all.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Ford stock doubled. They simply can’t make cars fast enough. It’s not just the auto makers but there are many mfg and logistic issued globally. Everyone cant be 1st.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Ford stock doubled. They simply can’t make cars fast enough. It’s not just the auto makers but there are many mfg and logistic issued globally. Everyone cant be 1st.
everyone "can't" be first - you are correct... but, when people have been waiting forever (order dates/blend dates from April through August, and then you see others who have ordered in September and already have their Broncos, what should one expect? Thus, it isn't about mfg or logistics -- if they can make some Broncos. I saw my exact build many times in these forums and the individuals ordered and had their blend dates way after my date, and they are driving them... why not just fix the problems with the broncos that have been in the abyss of production and sitting on doo-doo mountain, and then work on fulfilling orders of those who just ordered and dealer stock. So, I have been "built" since 8/6 (no recall on the airbag) and I have a soft top, black diamond 4dr... where the f*ck is my car?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, so if I’m a big dealer, how is it ok for me to get penalized on my earned allocation because smaller dealers that outsold their fair share have to get their reservations first? No f’ing way I’d be ok with that.

Any way you look at it, someone is getting burnt.

In regards to reservations getting built first, they are still doing that. Granger won’t be getting stock units intil their reservations are filled.

I’m sorry, but Granger knew they would never be able to fill these reservations on time. And there is NO WAY they could expect to get preferential treatment over an established allocation system. They had to know this.

I feel for the reservation holders, but they had to know this would happen.
Dude, I'm giving up on you as you will never get it. I don't know if you work for Ford, own a big dealership, or just live in your parents basement but I done. Good luck, I hope you get your Bronco soon without getting screwed.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when the new 300ZX came out. The owner of our dealership was honest so we never marked up over MSRP. There were dealers that were discounting them and they were allocated by a similar formula. I would tell customers that wanted a discount that I could sell them one for a dollar because they would never see it. I would sell them one at list and actually knew it would be delivered. The system was well known but there were dealers that would take orders with zero guarantee they could ever deliver. It was called " taking them out of the market". They would hope that they could find extra allocation at some point and have the cars sold in advance. Nothing has changed. Been there, done that.
So the 300zx had over 200,000 reservations? I am sure this is apples to apples.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, so Nissan created an ad campaign to officially launch the vehicle that featured a reservation system. Hyped it to the moon on a first come, first served bases. the absolute backbone of the launch, a plan so clear that people crashed the system because they understood they could be first in line? Then Nissan additionally told people that all the 300Zx cars reserved (that NIssan kept accepting until there were almost 2 years worth of possible orders), and that they would be built before anyone else got on, creating a guarantee of exclusivity?

Then they gave away dealer priority orders, VIP orders, and the like?

Then completely abandoned the practice of building them before stock orders, still claiming they would, except of course for dealers who weren't in the good old boy's club and they and their customers deserve to be punished for being so uppity as to think Ford would adhere to the rules they set. It is like just about every politician ever.

So you've been there and done that? Really?

Not a rhetorical question; Ford chose to make the statements they did, got the big PR boost from the launch numbers, reaped all the benefits from people believing their puffery, and now are shocked (not just indifferent, but hostile) that folks are unhappy they are not following through on the deal. Why did Ford decide to make smaller dealers pay the price for Ford's decision to take all those reservations (they could have ended them at any time after the first day) then change the rules of their game to avoid holding up their end of the deal once they got the PR benefits of a reservation launch?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol. I’m impressed! How did you come up with that conclusion after 40 pages of not a single person saying that?

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634297712707

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, I'm giving up on you as you will never get it. I don't know if you work for Ford, own a big dealership, or just live in your parents basement but I done. Good luck, I hope you get your Bronco soon without getting screwed.
You are right to give up on him, he and others are so locked in to their position, they are incapable of taking a step back to look at the principle of the thing. Perhaps it takes a man (or woman) of honor to understand why not having any is so offensive.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the many of us in this thread that have ordered from Granger, Stephens, Chapman, or any other small town dealer that got the shaft. We really need to stop replying to the trolls that has came here to gloat. They will never try to understand, and will just keep pushing your buttons. I'm through trying to make them understand as I know it's not going to do any good. At this point I have no idea what I'm going to do with my reservation at Granger, but I do know one thing. I will never cancel my reservation with them. I will play Ford's game, and renew my order for how ever long it takes to get that Bronco onto their lot. If I decide to move on from the Bronco I will let Zach, and Granger have that Bronco to sell. I just be damned if I'll give that slot back to Ford so it will go to a mega dealer. Piss on Ford, piss on these mega dealers, I'm sticking with the horse than brung me.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
agreed, trolls. The simple truth is that Ford set up the reservation system to build the hype, then introduced an allocation system that undermined it severely, then essentially obliterated it with the most recent allocation formula.

A reservation system is absolutely not compatible with an allocation system. The fact that Ford chose to destroy the reservation system with allocations is completely, 100%, Fords choice and they own 100% of any results. That is what the trolls either don't understand or don't care about.
Sponsored