Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Ford stock doubled. They simply can’t make cars fast enough. It’s not just the auto makers but there are many mfg and logistic issued globally. Everyone cant be 1st.
I am in a a World where you were emphatic that you had seen all this before with the launch of the 300ZX, so I was posing a set of rhetorical questions in an attempt to show you that, no, you had not seen this scenerio before and that your implied claim that people should have known better was based on a false equivalency. I apologize if it went over your head.
After 40 years as a salespersaon, manager and owner of a dealership nothing goes over my head. Some people would rather bitch than face facts. It's not going to change and the facts are that a dealer may sell at whatever markup they feel they can get. Furhermore allocations are not based on wishes just solid sales coverage numbers within your region. If Ford's allocation system isn't up to your standards you should buy something else instead of making erroneous statements you have no clue about. I worked for Ford, Lincoln, Audi, Porsche, Infiniti, BMW and others and they all worked the same way. The only time I have seen allocations increased without sales is when a dealer does a facility upgrade at the cost of millions of dollars then they may get a few extra hot products other than that it is strictly a numbers game.
Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
he didn't say he doesn't care. He literally said we are taking care of our top sellers. I applaud grainger for their customer focus. However, my guess is the big dealers all complained to ford about the deals and to keep the top sellers happy they changed the allocation formula. Lets be fair, the first formula was pretty stupid and honestly they never truly followed it anyways.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not defending Ford. Would not even be buying a Bronco right now, after all the delays and quality concerns if it weren't for all the good memories of the adventures in my Dad's 1970. I'd be buying another Jeep.

I am simply pointing out that Ford had moved the goalposts several times by the time we ordered. Granger doubled down with the October deal to try to drive more 2021 allocations at the risk of what exactly is happening now. And despite information like Levine saying 2021 Broncos would all be customer orders before dealer stock, and informing people officially that timing of their order depends on "the number of Broncos your dealer will recieve", they decided to order from a very nice/informative dealer who had 4x the number of reservations as many large dealers.

Internet outrage about something that was so obviously going to happen - this train wreck was going to happen, and the October Granger deal pretty much guaranteed it - is really ... well, people should have known and expected this outcome, just like many others on here did, and decided to order elsewhere or accept this exact risk.

Maybe it makes me a troll in this instance, but jeez, when they really sit down and think about it: what did people really expect was going to happen with that many orders at one dealer?
Well, thanks Dad for the talk. Did I do anything right in your eyes being attracted to the Ford Bronco? I grew up with my dad teaching me how to shift 3 on the tree in a Gen1 1966 half cab at the age of 7. I know all about good memories. How was I supposed to see the writing on the wall in all of this? How was a consumer supposed to conclude that Ford would move the goalposts so many times, that a volume based production vehicle, would result in a reservation holder from 2020 to get a mass produced vehicle in 2024/2025? Yes hindsight is 20/20, but one could also expect that a mass produced vehicle wouldn't get delayed, on a reservation system indirectly touted to compete with Tesla, until 2024/2025. What they project as full production will cover all the "real" reservations easily. We all know there are place holder/ghost reservations with zero intention or reservations held by dealerships.

I figured Ford (reservation system) was them transitioning (attempting to transition) from the archaic old school allocation system to something new. They sold it as get in line. So I did. I got in line, I didn't expect Ford and all their lawyers to bow down and kiss the ring of the archaic allotment system like they did. You're telling me they didn't consider this possibility and how it could legally impact their reservation system? More egg on the face of Ford.

All Ford had to do was bluntly say in November 2020, "If your dealer has more than X amount of Bronco Reservations, then you will be waiting until at least 2023 to take possession of your Bronco". They didn't. They strung it along 18 months. Why?

What is done is done. We'll all figure out our options and make the best decisions for ourselves. You included. Good luck and enjoy your Bronco when you get it.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@dingle87 there is revisionist history at work here from people who knowingly ordered from a dealer with 1200 reservations.

"and the number of vehicles your dealer will receive."

Dec Email.jpg
*Uploads an email from December

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634313218173

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you're ready to unplug from the Matrix:

1. Ford recently announced that reservation timestamp will have much less of an impact on delivery of Broncos for MY22, and instead will favor larger dealers much more, allocating broncos based on historical dealer sales.

This "changes the rules" that everyone had come to expect- that reservations would be fulfilled roughly in timestamp order as best as the supply chain would allow. It particularly hurts those that placed orders with small dealers, and even more so those that moved to particular small dealers across the country that attracted a large number of reservations based on upfront, forthright pricing.

2. Mike Levine this week, not only acknowledged this on Twitter, but seemed not to care about the impact to enthusiasts who placed reservations within the first 24 hours, but may not even receive their broncos until 2023.

Stole this post from the other Ford-sponsored forum, where there is similar disgust with the situation:

"At the end of the day, when you tell end customers that they will have their units built in reservation time stamp order to the ability that commodity constraints permit, it should not matter how many ecosports or fusions your dealer sold in the last 3 years [...] If you reserved and ordered, you are an enthusiast. Build in order regardless of the dealer. This is called keeping your commitment. Ford is paying the price on social media, and that is going to bleed over into the mainstream media. Ford is gonna take a well deserved PR hit on this..."
I don't know who wrote that, but I want to have his baby. They nailed it

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jim... Science can make that happen. Just sayin'

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

now that we are establishing that the reservation system is shit, mine is 7/16/2020. my order date is 2/9/2021 at a dealer that WAS NOT suggested as a preferred dealer. with that I'm pretty sure that I got my vin (7/1/2021) WAY ahead of some first day reservationists purely based on my build. a base model. now my new production date is 10/25 and since I've been roundly bounced around the schedule board I've lost all enthusiasm and just want it over, with my bronco... of course

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This thread has gotten to the point of silly with the Ford fanboys defending Ford.

Here’s a challenge for everyone who is defending their position.

1) Find me a single FORD post, tweet or FAQ screenshot from July or August of 2020 that states their will be dealer allocation involved.

2)Why did we all reserve online in a mad scramble?

3)Explain to me why if allocation was involved all this happened…

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-order-vs-allocation.3517/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ons-ordering-dates-build-date-estimates.5793/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservations-vs-dealer-allocation.2243/

The original leaked memo that shocked everyone seems to have been scrubbed from the website. Anyways, good luck since I know not a single one of you will find anything.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So in my case and based on your information, that would be:
Order #2 - a $5,139 ($3,939 increase from my Granger price + $1200 above MSRP) difference.

One-way flight for order #2 - $119 or Trip to Granger if I trade in order #1 fuel/food - $225
Return trip fuel & food for order #2 - $225

With this local dealership, I'd be paying $4,795-4,689 more for my Bronco. I've driven multiple 16hr trips before so an 11hr drive isn't my concern.

And just to clarify, I'm not in a rush for the 2nd bronco due to mod top being delayed until 2023. But I won't wait until 2025.
Sorry for coming off more critical than I intended - at this point I’m happy that the higher price for me might work out as a quicker delivery - I hope you get yours as quickly.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
I am a Granger October order holder and just as frustrated as everyone else, but I can see both sides of this coin. Even Granger "gets it", as Zach has said on this forum. It makes no sense for Ford to alienate the majority of its dealers, anyone with more than two brain cells understands this. Granger isn't exactly innocent in this debacle either, they had to know they wouldn't receive allocation for all their orders. I don't blame them, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does he know you can custom order any Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator, configuration you want and get it in 6 weeks?

I would guess Jeep will sell more wranglers than if Ford had never brought back the Bronco.

My neighbor just bought a Jeep Wrangler 2 weeks ago. He's already added bumpers, rock sliders, rims and tires, a winch and, high-lift jack to it.

So within five houses of mine there are four Jeep wranglers now.

Jeep owners should be really happy about the Bronco without it jeep would have not rushed out the V8 Wrangler or the plug-in hybrid.

I have another friend who's looking at the diesel-powered Jeep.

Fords chip shortage may run in to 2023 before it gets better.

2 years ago when all we had were Bronco rumors I could never imagine it turning into such a mess.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

he didn't say he doesn't care. He literally said we are taking care of our top sellers. I applaud grainger for their customer focus. However, my guess is the big dealers all complained to ford about the deals and to keep the top sellers happy they changed the allocation formula. Lets be fair, the first formula was pretty stupid and honestly they never truly followed it anyways.
I posted this on twitter, but i'll say it here too
Auto Industry said:
When dealer's compete, customers win!
Ford said:
No no no, don't compete THAT much!
If you want to take care of your top sellers, take care of your top bronco sellers too, especially since promises were made to the customers.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when daddy punches mommy in the face after promising her he'd never do it again, it's mommy's fault because she knew daddy was unpredictable?

May be a bit of hyperbole, but holy blaming the victim batman. You're really out here telling us it's our fault for listening to Ford and following their rules because we should have known they were liars?
Were'n
Ford is Ford. They are not going to take an appreciable "hit" by rewarding their big sales teams. True that it sucks sucks sucks, but at the end of the day not a single person "has" to wait until 2023 to get their order filled. They can go to another dealer that they like in their local area instead of halfway across the country. Everyone still has a choice not to support ADM by simply not buying from a dealership that adds it. If big crooked dealerships have more allocations because of this system and people do not use them because they are not honest or charge ADM, then they will change their policy or not sell Broncos. (or hopefully anything for that matter) Frankly I'm not fond of my dealership and how they have acted during all of this and it's still to be determined how it ends up , but, I don't have a choice anymore and will just never work with them again if I don't like the way it turns out. I do feel bad for those that took the low hanging fruit that was offered to get a good deal. I wondered how this was going to work out when so many people flocked. We see now.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

you all know the expression "don't hate the player, hate the game" - I now hate the player (Ford) and the game (because they changed it). So I will sit and wait, hoping Chapman doesn't change the deal because Ford changed the deal. Because at that point I will probably just bail on this whole thing and wait for the hype/price inflation to die down. Chapman holds the keys here now. If that domino falls, I leave the game for awhile.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you all know the expression "don't hate the player, hate the game" - I now hate the player (Ford) and the game (because they changed it). So I will sit and wait, hoping Chapman doesn't change the deal because Ford changed the deal. Because at that point I will probably just bail on this whole thing and wait for the hype/price inflation to die down. Chapman holds the keys here now. If that domino falls, I leave the game for awhile.
I had no issues with my chapman bronco
Sponsored